It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wanderer_27: You sure about that?

I have Titan Quest & Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on Steam, but nothing here on GOG - I even did the GOG Connect refresh thing.

On another note, I seem to have a few games I don't remember buying that I believe are recent Steam transfers, but I'm not certain of that.

And on yet another note, in case folks missed it - the Master of Orions 1 through 3 are showing up on the GOG Connect screen in case folks missed it - I already own them here though so no impact.
DyNaer: Only on Steam, how you could possibly get the game as free since the older version was never released on GOG, your only chance is of course through GOG connect, if the publisher is agree about that, but i don't believe one sec. it will happen soon.
Isn't that what they're saying (GOG Connect), or did I totally misinterpret that?
wanderer_27: Isn't that what they're saying (GOG Connect), or did I totally misinterpret that?
I didn't say it wasn't possible, but the anniversary edition was just released, it's not reasonable to get it through GOG connect at the moment.

Plus it's only IF the publisher is agree, otherwise it's a no.

GOG used GOG connect as a marketing tool to promote their site & client, so don't expect lots of games available..

Considering the amount of games available in the GOG catalog; the games which were available it's not a lot (and that's understandable)

I, too would some more games available , but that's not reasonable.
Post edited September 01, 2016 by DyNaer
Leucius: if you already own TQ + TQ: Immortal Throne on Steam, check your library for a free gift.
Grargar: Clarification; you don't need both TQ + Immortal Throne on Steam to get the Anniversary Edition. Just one of them will suffice.
Thanks. I didn't even think about it, just saw it in my Steam library.
Grargar: Castle of Illusion is discounted by 85% on Humble Store and other sites like BundleStars and IndieGala for 2 more days. This is the highest discount the game has seen and there is a perfectly good reason for this; come Friday, the game will be removed from Steam and other sites.

More info about this here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1271302
Now on sale on Steam too.
Grargar: Castle of Illusion is discounted by 85% on Humble Store and other sites like BundleStars and IndieGala for 2 more days. This is the highest discount the game has seen and there is a perfectly good reason for this; come Friday, the game will be removed from Steam and other sites.

madth3: Now on sale on Steam too.
Bought! Thanks for the Steam link.

madth3: Now on sale on Steam too.
Buying as well. Thanks for the link. Never played the Genesis version, so I am due!
wanderer_27: Isn't that what they're saying (GOG Connect), or did I totally misinterpret that?
Sorry. I assumed since I was talking about Steam games, that when I said "Check your library" people would know I was talking about the Steam library.
babark: I'm assuming though, that since these are all old games, they'll probably be through dosbox, meaning that they are DRM-free once you've downloaded and installed them off steam.
Grargar: Not all of them. For those interested, only the following games use DOSBox:

Gabriel Knight 1-2
King's Quest Collection (1-7)
Phantasmagoria 1-2
Quest for Glory 1-4
Police Quest Collection
Space Quest Collection

The rest are either old Windows games, or actually new stuff (like Geometry Wars 3 and Velocity 2X)
Wait, So Arcanum isn't DRM-free? I doubt they changed anything from the Gog version and I don't recall it adding any registry values or whatnot after installation, I think I also changed dirs to test some mod and it still worked (was at a friend house, so can't make sure).

Would you say this title is likely to return under Disney as publisher, maybe even get to Gog?
Post edited September 02, 2016 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: Wait, So Arcanum isn't DRM-free? I doubt they changed anything from the Gog version and I don't recall it adding any registry values or whatnot after installation, I think I also changed dirs to test some mod and it still worked (was at a friend house, so can't make sure).
I only said that the above games are using DOSBox. Whether the rest of them are using some kind of DRM, that I don't know.
BlackThorny: Would you say this title is likely to return under Disney as publisher, maybe even get to Gog?
Doubt it. Both the original game and the new one were developed and published by Sega. If the game will return in the future (or a new game in the series is released), it will most likely be done again by Sega.
BlackThorny: Would you say this title is likely to return under Disney as publisher, maybe even get to Gog?
Grargar: Doubt it. Both the original game and the new one were developed and published by Sega. If the game will return in the future (or a new game in the series is released), it will most likely be done again by Sega.
In this case, what is Disney's point in revoking the license in the first place (for a second time as was on the original as well?)?
BlackThorny: In this case, what is Disney's point in revoking the license in the first place (for a second time as was on the original as well?)?
Disney didn't revoke the license; it just expired. Licenses don't last forever. Sega wasn't interested in renewing it (probably because the game didn't sell all that much and the licensing costs aren't exactly low when you are dealing with the Mouse) and since Disney doesn't own the game per se, but only the licensed content, the game will vanish from stores, until some time in the future when Sega will get the idea of creating a new Castle of Illusion and they decide to approach Disney once again.
Post edited September 02, 2016 by Grargar
BlackThorny: In this case, what is Disney's point in revoking the license in the first place (for a second time as was on the original as well?)?
Grargar: Disney didn't revoke the license; it just expired. Licenses don't last forever. Sega wasn't interested in renewing it (probably because the game didn't sell all that much and the licensing costs aren't exactly low when you are dealing with the Mouse) and since Disney doesn't own the game per se, but only the licensed content, the game will vanish from stores, until some time in the future when Sega will get the idea of creating a new Castle of Illusion and they decide to approach Disney once again.
I see. In this case, what is preventing Disney from buying it (and anything else in this state) from Sega and releasing it themselves?
I suppose there could be quite a few titles like that, maybe not a whole lot of to be earned here, I suppose if it didn't sell for Sega,
But they could literally sell it forever at no extra costs. Especially if they publish it on Gog in to get free maintenance and tweaking.
BlackThorny: I see. In this case, what is preventing Disney from buying it (and anything else in this state) from Sega and releasing it themselves?
The most important question would be "Will there be profit?" Would Disney be interested in acquiring a title that didn't sell all that well in the first place? How long would it take them to make their money back? Years? Could they have instead used these money to pursue something far more profitable and not something that their partners didn't want to renew the license to, after a mere 3 years? That's disregarding the possible scenario of Sega not being willing to sell the property in the first place (in case they have future or far future plans with it) or Disney not currently having any interest in videogames, except for acting as a licensor (and a publisher of their back catalog).
Post edited September 02, 2016 by Grargar
Is it better to get Xcom 2 over Xcom complete is the current Amazon price of $26 and 10 respectively good or are they likely to show up in more bundles soon?
cecil: Is it better to get Xcom 2 over Xcom complete is the current Amazon price of $26 and 10 respectively good or are they likely to show up in more bundles soon?
While that is an attractive discount for XCOM 2, the first XCOM was a lot of fun. It has been bundled a couple times and will likely be again but for Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within + DLC isn't bad for $10.
EDIT: turns out I have a left over HB XCOM: EU key. Just send you a PM.
Post edited September 02, 2016 by foxworks