It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the Steam daily deal at $13.59 and another $4.06 if you want the DLC for it.
dirtyharry50: XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the Steam daily deal at $13.59 and another $4.06 if you want the DLC for it.
Here this morning I was just thinking I'd love to have another run at it but I was still missing one DLC, great timing :)
Is Steam the only digital store that sells Max Payne 1? Max Payne 2 is available elsewhere, but it appears Max Payne 1 is only on Steam.
dutchexcalibur: Is Steam the only digital store that sells Max Payne 1? Max Payne 2 is available elsewhere, but it appears Max Payne 1 is only on Steam.
That's weird... I was certain GG sold MP1 but I just checked and it's gone @_@
dutchexcalibur: Is Steam the only digital store that sells Max Payne 1? Max Payne 2 is available elsewhere, but it appears Max Payne 1 is only on Steam.
http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W4214
http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Max-Payne/5001094/

... and few others, I think.
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/max-payne/1012
Protection: Steamworks
Territory: Worldwide
Post edited May 12, 2013 by ne_zavarj
dirtyharry50: XCOM: Enemy Unknown is the Steam daily deal at $13.59 and another $4.06 if you want the DLC for it.
Pheace: Here this morning I was just thinking I'd love to have another run at it but I was still missing one DLC, great timing :)
Some people actually recommend NOT getting the DLC for it since it becomes a mandatory event that will appear on all your games from then on and there's no way of disabling.
Pheace: Here this morning I was just thinking I'd love to have another run at it but I was still missing one DLC, great timing :)
Tizzysawr: Some people actually recommend NOT getting the DLC for it since it becomes a mandatory event that will appear on all your games from then on and there's no way of disabling.
I actually read on a forum today that when you get your first council mission you can decline it and it'll never come back, or something to that sort. They claimed it was completely optional.

Found the post:
"Whenever the first council mission pops up you get a choice for slingshot or regular missions. If you pick regular you will not get a chance to do slingshot from then on. Basically, it is completely optional."
Post edited May 12, 2013 by Pheace
Good deal! That works out nicely. :D

Feral Interactive who does high quality ports for Mac just released this game with the DLC in a bundle on the Mac app store but being new to Mac, it's going for 50 bucks. The achievements are via the Mac's Gamecenter app which is kind of cool but my gaming friends from GOG are on Steam so nobody would know about my amazing accomplishments. :(

I'm torn when it comes to something like this because I really like Steam unless it's a classic, in which case it's GOG of course and increasingly they are delivering these for Mac which is very nice.

The other two major players are releasing their ports on Steam which is great. I wish Feral would get on the ball and work out an arrangement as well. Meantime, I am sort of on the fence about which way to go with this. It's probably nuts to blow an extra 30 plus dollars for a game just to avoid rebooting into Windows which is really not a big deal but on the other hand, it is nicer still to remain in my preferred environment now, OS X. I have the worst damned time with making decisions and often change my mind. lol
dirtyharry50: Good deal! That works out nicely. :D

Feral Interactive who does high quality ports for Mac just released this game with the DLC in a bundle on the Mac app store but being new to Mac, it's going for 50 bucks. The achievements are via the Mac's Gamecenter app which is kind of cool but my gaming friends from GOG are on Steam so nobody would know about my amazing accomplishments. :(

I'm torn when it comes to something like this because I really like Steam unless it's a classic, in which case it's GOG of course and increasingly they are delivering these for Mac which is very nice.

The other two major players are releasing their ports on Steam which is great. I wish Feral would get on the ball and work out an arrangement as well. Meantime, I am sort of on the fence about which way to go with this. It's probably nuts to blow an extra 30 plus dollars for a game just to avoid rebooting into Windows which is really not a big deal but on the other hand, it is nicer still to remain in my preferred environment now, OS X. I have the worst damned time with making decisions and often change my mind. lol
I actually prefer booting into Window. Since I don't use it for anything else than gaming, it's like ' No Work, no emails - just me and my game'-feeling. This is actually quite realxing and adds to my immersion a lot more. When palying on OS X it's mostly shorter session inbetween things to do.

Also, I'd rather sacrifice the 30-40sec to boot into Windows for getting my games for $5 to $10.
I'll take Mac games as a convenience along the road that never bothers me on deciding which games to get.
Though in the case of Feral the DRM is much nicer than Steam, 5 revocable activation at any time, only topped by the MacAppStore because you don't even need a serial number, while Steam is 1 active game at a time.
But this is my way, I made my choices :)
Post edited May 12, 2013 by dyscode
dyscode: Though in the case of Feral the DRM is much nicer than Steam, 5 revocable activation at any time, only topped by the MacAppStore because you don't even need a serial number, while Steam is 1 active game at a time.
Steam bothers you so much you prefer 5 activations over unlimited installs? :)
dyscode: Though in the case of Feral the DRM is much nicer than Steam, 5 revocable activation at any time, only topped by the MacAppStore because you don't even need a serial number, while Steam is 1 active game at a time.
Pheace: Steam bothers you so much you prefer 5 activations over unlimited installs? :)
That must be for DVD copies. Feral games I've purchased on the Mac App Store allow you to install 5 copies concurrently, so it is okay to share purchases among family members and everyone can play at the same time, up to five at a time anyway. There is no activation/deactivation DRM on the App Store that I am aware of. The App Store does provide its own DRM system of some sort but it is not an intrusive thing I've ever seen or noticed and it does not require you to be online. Come to think of it, the App Store probably keeps track of how many copies you have installed and adjusts this number up and down as you install and remove them but it does so automatically in the background. The user is never bothered with it in any way unless you try to install a sixth copy with 5 already installed I guess. This is pretty generous though. I don't know of anywhere else that would let you buy a game and then let four other people in your home install and play it too at the same time you are. That is a pretty cool benefit for some folks.
Post edited May 12, 2013 by dirtyharry50
dirtyharry50: Good deal! That works out nicely. :D

dyscode: I actually prefer booting into Window. Since I don't use it for anything else than gaming, it's like ' No Work, no emails - just me and my game'-feeling. This is actually quite realxing and adds to my immersion a lot more. When palying on OS X it's mostly shorter session inbetween things to do.

Also, I'd rather sacrifice the 30-40sec to boot into Windows for getting my games for $5 to $10.
I'll take Mac games as a convenience along the road that never bothers me on deciding which games to get.
Though in the case of Feral the DRM is much nicer than Steam, 5 revocable activation at any time, only topped by the MacAppStore because you don't even need a serial number, while Steam is 1 active game at a time.
Thanks for sharing how you do things. That makes some sense. When I reboot into Windows 7 it is similar. I just play games there and then leave when I am done. I do browse the web for related info sometimes or to visit GOG but otherwise, it's game time when I am there.

Anyway, XCOM complete for under 20 bucks is mighty tempting, along with Steam features, achievements, etc.
Feral Interactive, masters of ripping off Mac players with overpriced ports.
Foxhack: Feral Interactive, masters of ripping off Mac players with overpriced ports.
My apologies everyone. I think I took the sale thread way off topic and for more than long enough at this point.

Dilemmas about what OS to buy for are my problem, not everybody else's. So sorry about that.

In any case, XCOM: Enemy unknown and its DLC is quite a good deal on Steam atm imo, particularly if you are already a Steam fan to begin with. I know! Another point of controversy! Please let's not get into Pro and Anti-Steam! LOL!

Boy, I need to just shut up and go play something.