It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

prakaa: Anyone got any opinions on Commander (the naval game) or Victoria II?
Commander is a fun trading sim. It is less micro-intense than many other trading sims, like Port Royale or Patrician, which to me is a good thing, but some other will dislike. It is more focused on setting up trade routs and trading between your home country and your colonies, and making sure that your colonies grow (also unlike Port Royale, you own the colonies in question, and there are no existing ones when the game starts). Like most trading sims, I thought the game got a bit repetitive after a while, but I still thought it was a fun game while it lasted.

Victoria 2, now that is my favourite Paradox title to date. It is more focused on building up your country than warfare, and unlike Europa Universalis, you can actually play through an entire campaign without fighting a single battle, and still enjoy yourself. I have not got its expansion yet, and I've heard that the game improves quite a lot upon the game, but even without it, I find the game better than Europa Universalis 3 or Hearts of Iron 3 (and I love those two games as well).
Aningan: Ghostbusters the Videogame 75% off at GamersGate
Jonni: Anyone played this? Is it any good? I remember being slightly interested when it came out, but never got around to it.
If you have a controller it's pretty good about the same as a 3rd film with some hard to get achievements (less than a certain amount of damage is freaking hard!)
The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition for Mac is £2.84 at Shopto's download store.
Battlefield 3 is 50% off at GamersGate.
However, I am not sure if this offer is UK-only or not.
Pitman is $0.96 on Desura
999888: Battlefield 3 is 50% off at GamersGate.
UK only :)
Here I pointed couple of more deals: Click
wodmarach: If you have a controller it's pretty good about the same as a 3rd film with some hard to get achievements (less than a certain amount of damage is freaking hard!)
There are no achievements in the PC version.

The game is good, but the Elmer Bernstein musical score will REALLY grate on you soon. That music was not meant to be listened to in a ten hour game. Plus it's really, REALLY buggy.
999888: Battlefield 3 is 50% off at GamersGate.
spinefarm: UK only :)
Not sure if it is UK only. I can buy it.
Does Desura require the client running to play the game? Or can I just buy it, download it and then forget about the client?
spinefarm: UK only :)
kavazovangel: Not sure if it is UK only. I can buy it.
On the 50% off?
EdgeZombie: Does Desura require the client running to play the game? Or can I just buy it, download it and then forget about the client?
(sorry, my mistake... Pitman promo on indievania is over)
I allways use Desura client to download and play games but look at screen: sometimes you can download a single exe.So I think that the client is not always required.
Attachments:
pit.jpg (37 Kb)
Post edited March 17, 2012 by kjx
kavazovangel: Not sure if it is UK only. I can buy it.
spinefarm: On the 50% off?
Yup.
This is likely the last day for the "buy one, get one" DRM free Ubisoft titles on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_85826191_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000208101&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-top&pf_rd_r=1VTK5TTW3H32GFYWMC5D&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1347036742&pf_rd_i=468642

I don't know where it's posted that it's the last day, but my experience is that when it gets listed as "The Deal of the Day" in video games, it ends at midnight Pacific Time.
I can't see anything jumping out at me on this deal. And I've played none except maybe one of the Splinter Cells. I think I have Chaos Theory somewhere. I never made it much further past the beach at the beginning. Just could not get into it. I may spring for CoJ. I like westerns. So, if I picked up CoJ. What might I pick for the sweetener?

Nvm sorted.
Post edited March 17, 2012 by the_bard
EdgeZombie: Does Desura require the client running to play the game? Or can I just buy it, download it and then forget about the client?
You don't need to keep the Desura running to play games from them, many games there even have standalone downloads so you can download and install by logging in through the browser, not sure if Pitman have that tho.