It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

spinefarm: When I put the post was 37.50 euro
gyokzoli: Well, it doesn't really matters to me since there are only 4 games I don't have from that pack (Red Faction 1-2, Homefront and MX vs ATV Reflex).
You can always make me a Birthday/Christmas present :D (kidding ofcourse)
Warhammer series is amazing. Would highly recommend it to anyone (in case you did not know ALREADY). All this sale makes me drool.... than remember about my empty pocket and go away. :D
ZPavelZ: Warhammer series is amazing. Would highly recommend it to anyone (in case you did not know ALREADY). All this sale makes me drool.... than remember about my empty pocket and go away. :D
Not only you :D
Just want to highlight The Guild 1 for 3€ from the gamersgate deals. I like this game a lot, and by now the singleplayer part works pretty well. Unfortunately, I never managed to play a multiplayer game since service pack 2 for XP or something like that... a shame, because every time I played it with a few friends, we had a blast.
Speaking of the sale it GamersGate - as one who have never played any of the warhammer games, which packages would be best to get.

I expect Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - The Complete Collection for the first series, which at £6.50 seems like a good deal.

But for Warhammer II, there is an confusing amount of packs and DLC's and deals, and I can not find any "complete" versions. the closest I get is Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Gold Edition and Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2: Retribution Complete Pack. They are more pricey, with £12.50 and £25.00 respectively, and my budget will not stretch to all three packs. So is there are more complete pack for Warhammer II, and if not - which one is better for both gameplay and value for money?
amok: Speaking of the sale it GamersGate - as one who have never played any of the warhammer games, which packages would be best to get.

I expect Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - The Complete Collection for the first series, which at £6.50 seems like a good deal.

But for Warhammer II, there is an confusing amount of packs and DLC's and deals, and I can not find any "complete" versions. the closest I get is Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Gold Edition and Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2: Retribution Complete Pack. They are more pricey, with £12.50 and £25.00 respectively, and my budget will not stretch to all three packs. So is there are more complete pack for Warhammer II, and if not - which one is better for both gameplay and value for money?
Retribution Complete includes everything in DoWII Gold Edition. There are three DoW II titles: DoW II; Chaos Rising; Retribution.

But personally, I thought vanilla Dawn of War II was better than Chaos Rising and Retribution. It's £7.49 at Gamersgate at the moment, and it's well worth it. But as you seem to be in the UK, I'd push you towards the boxed Complete Collection for £10. :)
Post edited March 19, 2012 by PenguinJim
amok: Speaking of the sale it GamersGate - as one who have never played any of the warhammer games, which packages would be best to get.

You don't need any DLCs for Dawn of War 2, those are just skins and weapons for multiplayer and co-op. Both of the Dawn of War games are good (I mean the first and the second series), the first is more like strategy, the second is more like tactics with rpg elements. I'd recommend both of the series I really enjoyed all of the Dawn of War games.
If you don't have much money go for the DoW Complete Collection which contains the first series. You will need 100-200 hours just to get through the campaigns and when you are done you can probably buy the 2nd series for an even cheaper price. Moreover DoW Soulstorm and DoW Dark Crusade have a high replay value.

And the best solution would be to buy DoW Complete on Gamersgate and DoW 2 Complete on PenguinJim's link. DoW 2 has a great co-op mode called The Last Stand by teh way.
Post edited March 19, 2012 by gyokzoli
A few Amazon Digital unlisted deals:

Mass Effect, $9.99
Mass Effect 2, $9.99 - Activates in Origin
Dead Space 2, $6.99 - Activates in Origin
Dungeon Defenders, $7.49 - Activates in Steam
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, $14.99 - Activates in Origin
Anno 2070, $29.99 - Doesn't activate anywhere.

This is besides the Weeklong Sega Games Sale.
Post edited March 19, 2012 by Tizzysawr
I bought and [url=http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2?caff=3472801]Saints Row 2, both can be activated on Steam and SR2 is cheaper on co.uk site.

gyokzoli: You don't need any DLCs for Dawn of War 2, those are just skins and weapons for multiplayer and co-op. Both of the Dawn of War games are good (I mean the first and the second series), the first is more like strategy, the second is more like tactics with rpg elements. I'd recommend both of the series I really enjoyed all of the Dawn of War games.
If you don't have much money go for the DoW Complete Collection which contains the first series. You will need 100-200 hours just to get through the campaigns and when you are done you can probably buy the 2nd series for an even cheaper price. Moreover DoW Soulstorm and DoW Dark Crusade have a high replay value.

And the best solution would be to buy DoW Complete on Gamersgate and DoW 2 Complete on PenguinJim's link. DoW 2 has a great co-op mode called The Last Stand by teh way.
Thank you. I think I will get the first one, anyway. However, considering I do not do multiplayer (I am way to slow), and would like to have the second game as well, does it matter which of the two packages I get? The only difference I can see is that the most expensive one also have Retribution - is it worth the extra £12.50?
amok: Thank you. I think I will get the first one, anyway. However, considering I do not do multiplayer (I am way to slow), and would like to have the second game as well, does it matter which of the two packages I get? The only difference I can see is that the most expensive one also have Retribution - is it worth the extra £12.50?
The last stand (a co-op multiplayer mode) is worth that extra alone.
You also get the DLC's.
Some of these are competitive multiplayer skins that probably won't interest you (& are overpriced if buying individually), but some are extra wargear for the single player & co-op modes, which can be useful.
amok: Thank you. I think I will get the first one, anyway. However, considering I do not do multiplayer (I am way to slow), and would like to have the second game as well, does it matter which of the two packages I get? The only difference I can see is that the most expensive one also have Retribution - is it worth the extra £12.50?
In think yes, it worth the extra 12.50 GBP, but you can still wait for a better Retribution deal. I think the base game (DoW2) and the first expansion (Chaos Rising) are better than Retribution anyway. Others may have a different opinion though.
Rodzaju: Some of these are competitive multiplayer skins that probably won't interest you (& are overpriced if buying individually), but some are extra wargear for the single player & co-op modes, which can be useful.
I'm not sure he gets any DLCs with the complete pack. The product page does not mention any of it.
Post edited March 19, 2012 by gyokzoli
Tizzysawr: Anno 2070, $29.99 - Activates in Steam
Are you sure? Check it again.
gyokzoli: I'm not sure he gets any DLCs with the complete pack. The product page does not mention any of it.
Oops!
I didn't check the pack.
I just assumed a Complete pack would be, you know, complete!
gyokzoli: I'm not sure he gets any DLCs with the complete pack. The product page does not mention any of it.
Rodzaju: Oops!
I didn't check the pack.
I just assumed a Complete pack would be, you know, complete!
Thank you both. I think I will get the Warhammer I complete and Warhammer II gold edition (without retribution) and see if retribution gets a cut price in a summer sale (bound to happen...)

I also noticed that the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2: Retribution Complete Pack is not really that complete, but since it seems it is mostly for multiplayer anyway, then it is not a big deal for me. Again, thank you both for the input.