It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MDK2
better than the first one in every way. Except one:
It's too damn annoying. Not necessarily too hard, but definitely too annoying. There are many sections where it just feels cheap and unbalanced. Nigh unavoidable attacks, onslaught from every angle, enemies sometimes materializing right where you stand, trial and error puzzles, slippery platforming. And a special F**k you goes to the final boss.
I wouldn't even bother replaying it if the rest hadn't been so much fun.
8.5/10
Underrail

I don't understand prejudice of the people being against turn based combat. Especially titles with single character to control.
This is the best RPG and criminally overlooked game on par with Divinity Original Sin.
Finished with unarmed psi-spiced stealthy mechanic+tailoring (can live without it tbh if you get luck with loot and merchants offers).
Got massive money problem through the game because nobody wanted my loot. They say merchant restock every 90minutes but I managed to do most stuff in capitol Core City and merchants in other stations and camps did not restocked. Bummer.

Lack of map was a bummer but after a while you can live without it. Lack of companions helps immerse in this game, pump up loneliness of wandering through dark caves and else.

Ah, infamous final areas of Deep Cavers. Managed to play without guide and did most of the stuff but did DC with guide for better enjoyment (paradox here but trust me, it was good reason). Some stuff here reach near Sierra-tier level of obscurity (inhaling some plants somewhere on the map to progress? really?).

Promised myself to not touch the game before expansion get released...
Post edited July 31, 2017 by SpecShadow
The Original Strife: Veteran Edition (I played the Steam version)

This game is a FPS (based on the DOOM engine) with a lot of extra bits added on: light RPG elements, light stealth elements, and a light story.

The combat is not as fun as DOOM but it’s OK. Similarly, the stealth is not done particularly well and RPG elements are fairly basic (although I have the say I found the conversations almost all uniformly hilarious). The story is done quite well, it's given out in small pieces and doesn't overwhelm the gameplay. The levels are done well too, they are fairly large and require that you explore around rather than giving you a linear experience.

This game surprised me with its content, I was expecting a more straightforward FPS but instead got a lot more. It’s undeniably fun, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys old school FPS games, although I wouldn’t rank it in the same league as DOOM or Duke Nukem 3D.
ALL of the AOE 2 HD expansions. That took a loooooooooooooong time. XD
tinyE: ALL of the AOE 2 HD expansions. That took a loooooooooooooong time. XD
Are you excited for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition?

I finished Crysis 2.ONE OF BEST SHOOTING GAMES I've EVER PLAYED.
Post edited August 01, 2017 by SalmanAnees
Devil May Cry HD (360)

The HD version of the original PS2 game with identical game play, not the newer reboot DMC. The first Devil May Cry game I've ever played and I enjoyed it way more than I was expecting, though I only did the normal mode play through so far, I will definitely continue on with the Hard mode game plus- but at a later date. I doubt I'll ever bother with the Dante Must Die mode.

I had the mistaken belief that these games require grinding. Maybe to get through all 3 difficulty modes, but to just get through normal mode requires no grinding at all- just learn the fighting system and you're fine. I did do about an hour of grinding near the end, not because I felt it was needed, but simply to just finish up all Dante upgrades before even starting Hard mode. I'm sure you could go straight to Hard mode and finish the upgrades that way if you wanted.

The first play through is not hard at all. The puzzles are simple, and the story is ridiculous (it is Japanese after all). But that doesn't matter, it's a brawler and the combat is what counts. I had two tries at the first boss fight because I still hadn't fully got the hang of the main combos. After that I beat every boss on the first try EXCEPT Nelo Angelo fight 3...for some reason I had had all sorts of problems with that one until I discovered the secret....just mash the attack button and never let up and he'll never get a shot off at you! I'm sure that won't work on harder difficulties. Overall I really liked the combat system, each weapon only had a handful of easy to master and remember combos and they all had their place and time for use.

Only thing i hated really was some of the platforming, which was only a minor part of the game luckily. I now have every intention of playing the entire series.
Post edited August 01, 2017 by CMOT70
CMOT70: Devil May Cry HD (360)
I started this two weeks ago.. Now I'm halfway through DmC4. It really is a great series, and I've pretty much been blazing through them. DmC2 is hated by the fans, and it's hands down the weakest one, but it's still worth checking out. It will only take you 4-5 hours anyway. But you have a lot to look forward to in DmC3, it's a masterpiece! :) Also, when you say you defeated every boss on the first try.. Surely you used devil trigger, right? :P
tinyE: ALL of the AOE 2 HD expansions. That took a loooooooooooooong time. XD
SalmanAnees: Are you excited for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition?
I don't know. I guess, but it depends on how it's set up.

Realizing it is a totally different company, I was excited about the StarCraft remaster until I found out about the DRM they are piling on it (way more than even a typical Steam game). I don't mind some, but what I've read is ridiculous. If they do something like that with AOE I'm going to have to pass.
Post edited August 01, 2017 by tinyE
CMOT70: Devil May Cry HD (360)
Random_Coffee: I started this two weeks ago.. Now I'm halfway through DmC4. It really is a great series, and I've pretty much been blazing through them. DmC2 is hated by the fans, and it's hands down the weakest one, but it's still worth checking out. It will only take you 4-5 hours anyway. But you have a lot to look forward to in DmC3, it's a masterpiece! :) Also, when you say you defeated every boss on the first try.. Surely you used devil trigger, right? :P
Just to clarify, what I mean I mean by "first try" is that i didn't need to use a Continue or Reload. And I did need two tries at the first boss when I was still learning the game and the third Nelo Angelo fight gave me serious problems and I had to Continue/Reload about 6 times! Then I just tried button mashing on him and it worked perfect. I hear that won't work on the harder difficulties. So yes, I definitely used devil trigger- especially the overpowered Air Raid.

I bought the HD Trilogy on sale, so i have 2 and 3 all ready to go. I will be getting MS game pass for a month to play Dirt Rally, and I can also play the DMC reboot with GP as well. That only leaves DMC 4 which I will wait for the next sale. And of course I already have Bayonetta which plays on Xbox One with v-sync and 60 fps, and most people say it's better than DMC.
Post edited August 02, 2017 by CMOT70
Nightmares of the Deep 2: Siren's Call

Feeling a bit under the weather, I sat down and knocked the game out in 4-4.5 hours. (Thanks again to nikopol from the non-gog GA) Pretty enjoyable on the whole - level of difficulty was generally low to medium, but the flow was good, plot was reasonable creative. Only one really bad voice actor (the guy demanding coffee). Navigation with the map was easy, and honestly was reasonably intuitive without the map, unlike a few of these games where the whole layout seems intended to make no sense at all.

Like many of these, the 'bonus' content was an even lower rate of difficulty, and much much more linear - around an hour, give or take.

In the main game, only one puzzle was a bit obtuse - there's a safe that you're cracking with a stethoscope, so I presumed I would hear different sounding clicks as I found the right number. But no, the puzzle actually functioned like Mastermind - where you submit a 6 digit sequence, and it tells you how many of the 6 numbers you chose appear in the right answer, etc. So here I am wasting time trying to listen for a number when I was just supposed to be spamming results and intuiting the correct sequence from that, like no safecracking ever.

But as adventure/HOGs go, I would rate this one above average and would recommend to anyone who likes the genre. Will probably look to play the 3rd in the trilogy before too long.
Finished Kathy Rain. It started good and interesting but the story ended up quite bad from by point of view (did not understand everything). Also there are a few "illogical" puzzles that I didn't understand, even with a walkthrough.

Full list here.
sebarnolds: Finished Kathy Rain. It started good and interesting but the story ended up quite bad from by point of view (did not understand everything). Also there are a few "illogical" puzzles that I didn't understand, even with a walkthrough.

Full list here.
Puzzles were ok in that game imo, but I agree about the story...really weird mystery nonsense, didn't make sense at all imo. But I liked the characters, would like to see another game with them with a better story.
Silent Hill (PS1)

Silent hill is a classic survival horror which sees you star as an ordinary man, who visits a typical American Town, Silent Hill, which has plenty to offer: An Amusement Park, Idyllic resort district, a school with bullets scattered around the classrooms, a creepy fog that limits your line of sight to about 10ft, creepy demon babies, everything you could ask for when going on holiday. It's very similar to resident evil, except that the enemies are scarier and more annoying than zombies and with a much larger map. The story see's you getting stuck in this town and trying to rescue your daughter whilst avoiding the monsters. There is also a creepy alternate Silent Hill which makes everywhere look like a Slaughterhouse that closed 100 years ago due to a massive killing spree and has since become haunted. The game is short, it took me about 2 days to complete. I don't play many survival horror games, but this was a good one. I did make the mistake of assuming I would have to conserve more ammo than I actually had, leaving me with about 300 handgun bullets just before the final boss. If you are careful and search carefully you can find enough health and bullets to not really struggle, the puzzles can get difficult but I didn't need a walkthrough. The story is confusing as hell, the gun aiming can be a bit iffy if multiple enemies are coming towards you and you can't move the camera, which can get annoying if it decides to stick to a certain angle, which meant I couldn't actually see the final boss as the camera wouldn't arc up towards it. All in all its a good game, I'm considering playing the sequel, I'd recommend it.

Mighty Flip Champs (DS)

This is a puzzle/platformer which sees you star as a girl with massive pink hair who has a staff that can change dimensions. You can't jump in this game, which means in order to move around gaps, you need to change the dimension, which features a different layout of platforms and obstacles from the previous one. The puzzles really rely on you having a good memory, as you can only see what the next dimension is going to be like, there can be up to 7 in some levels, and you also have to rescue your friends in each level: Some kind of cat with a jetpack and 2 creatures called 'Pigorcows' which are a cross between... pigs and cows. Some of these puzzles are tough, and some require incredibly precise timing. You get a grade at the end of each level, depending on how long you took and how many times you changed dimension. The game was a good time waster and is available on the Nintendo Store in the DSiware section.
What Remains of Edith Finch. To call this a walking simulator does the game a great disservice - fantastic story telling, with constant twists and gameplay surprises. Equally clever as it is beautiful. It is short but really classy stuff. 9/10
magejake50: Silent Hill (PS1)

Silent hill is a classic survival horror which sees you star as an ordinary man, who visits a typical American Town, Silent Hill, which has plenty to offer: An Amusement Park, Idyllic resort district, a school with bullets scattered around the classrooms, a creepy fog that limits your line of sight to about 10ft, creepy demon babies, everything you could ask for when going on holiday. It's very similar to resident evil, except that the enemies are scarier and more annoying than zombies and with a much larger map. The story see's you getting stuck in this town and trying to rescue your daughter whilst avoiding the monsters. There is also a creepy alternate Silent Hill which makes everywhere look like a Slaughterhouse that closed 100 years ago due to a massive killing spree and has since become haunted. The game is short, it took me about 2 days to complete. I don't play many survival horror games, but this was a good one. I did make the mistake of assuming I would have to conserve more ammo than I actually had, leaving me with about 300 handgun bullets just before the final boss. If you are careful and search carefully you can find enough health and bullets to not really struggle, the puzzles can get difficult but I didn't need a walkthrough. The story is confusing as hell, the gun aiming can be a bit iffy if multiple enemies are coming towards you and you can't move the camera, which can get annoying if it decides to stick to a certain angle, which meant I couldn't actually see the final boss as the camera wouldn't arc up towards it. All in all its a good game, I'm considering playing the sequel, I'd recommend it.
Silent Hill 2 is generally considered the best of the series, so you should probably put it on the list.