It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tiberian Dawn,Sun and RA1.
l0rdtr3k: Downloaded and installed the freeware C&C games and they're running like a dream.
CarrionCrow: Which ones are you trying? Still need to beat RA 2 at some point...
budejovice: This is pretty interesting. Like, CarrionCrow, I think I'm probably getting into a texture thing to some degree. (Which is the reason I almost gagged the only time I tried menudo.)

See, something with the texture of rice and/or oatmeal shouldn't taste like that! :) This takes us directly from haggis to the various types of blood sausage, many of which use rice. I haven't tried black pudding, but I've had several types of cajun boudin, including ricy & bloody. I know this is going to come out terribly wrong, but I like my sausage meaty. :)

Trivia: Some really amazing encased meats all over North America (including Mexican chorizo of course), but the best I have ever had off the continent:
-Italy, and for the life of me I can remember if that restaurant was in Milan or several candidates in Sicily
-Zagreb
adaliabooks: I think texture plays a lot. Mince up the organs and I can eat them no problem... but the rubbery texture (to look at anyway, don't think I've ever eaten liver or kidneys by themselves) puts me off most organs... XD

And as for sausages, they have to be one or the other. I love a 80% + pork sausage, but good vegetarian sausages can be really nice too. But cheap sausages (only 50% or so meat) are horrible. Usually just fat and breadcrumbs.

CarrionCrow: Which ones are you trying? Still need to beat RA 2 at some point...
adaliabooks: Wait... is RA2 freeware these days? I absolutely love that game :D
No clue. I know it's 20 dollars on Origin, but that's for all the C&C games including RA 2 in one big pack.
Think I'll try to find the C&C collection that came out on disc before the latest version. It actually had games on discs and a manual full of CD-keys, and when you installed it all and put in all the frigging codes you could actually play it without some garbage client.
CarrionCrow: No clue. I know it's 20 dollars on Origin, but that's for all the C&C games including RA 2 in one big pack.
Think I'll try to find the C&C collection that came out on disc before the latest version. It actually had games on discs and a manual full of CD-keys, and when you installed it all and put in all the frigging codes you could actually play it without some garbage client.
I own that DVD set :-). Well I own one of them, it includes all of the games up to and including Generals. No DRM in sight, just good old cd keys. I recently played the original Command and Conquer, I found a mod that lets you have a higher in-game resolution. It brought back so many memories. One of my all time favourite strategy games.
tinyE: Well I don't have France to blame, this is the State food of Michigan, the Pasty.

They are boring enough, usually just filled with potatoes and salted pork.
TheCowSaysMoo: That doesn't look half bad. I'd add tomatoes but okay.
It was made for the copper miners in the 1920-40s so the insides depended on whatever people had so I'm sure tomatoes were to be had in the originals.
tinyE: It was made for the copper miners in the 1920-40s so the insides depended on whatever people had so I'm sure tomatoes were to be had in the originals.
That looks like a good old Cornish pasty, or something similar. They were used for coal miners for hundred of years over here.
CarrionCrow: No clue. I know it's 20 dollars on Origin, but that's for all the C&C games including RA 2 in one big pack.
ddickinson: I own that DVD set :-). Well I own one of them, it includes all of the games up to and including Generals. No DRM in sight, just good old cd keys. I recently played the original Command and Conquer, I found a mod that lets you have a higher in-game resolution. It brought back so many memories. One of my all time favourite strategy games.
I had one of those packs. It was Tiberian Sun (and expansion), RA 2 (and expansion), and Renegade in one box. No DRM but for needing the disc.
Post edited January 11, 2015 by tinyE
tinyE: I had one of those packs. It was Tiberian Sun (and expansion), RA 2 (and expansion), and Renegade in one box. No DRM but for needing the disc.
Mine has the orginal C&C, Tiberian Sun (and expansion), Red Alert 1 (and expansions), Red Alert 2 (and expansion), Renegade and Generals (and expansion). There is an unofficial 3rd patch for my set that removed the cd requirement, while also fixing some bugs.
tinyE: I had one of those packs. It was Tiberian Sun (and expansion), RA 2 (and expansion), and Renegade in one box. No DRM but for needing the disc.
ddickinson: Mine has the orginal C&C, Tiberian Sun (and expansion), Red Alert 1 (and expansions), Red Alert 2 (and expansion), Renegade and Generals (and expansion). There is an unofficial 3rd patch for my set that removed the cd requirement, while also fixing some bugs.
I think I just used to have RA 2 and Tiberian Sun and their expansions, but on the original disks before DRM became common. Used to get some great mods that added all kinds of crazy stuff.
I'd love to give RA 2 a go again, one of my favourite strategy games.
"If you give up now, I promise amnesty for you and your men!"
sirhamude: Women's haircuts are considered good if people notice them; men's haircuts are considered good if people don't notice them.This makes sense, right?
HypersomniacLive: Is this a Romanian thing?

(Honest question)
Not really, just smth I found on reddit.
budejovice: In the US I think cow testicles are more consumed. At least in the Southwest and Rocky Mountain states, which are heavily dominated by rangeland. Never tried them, though I hear they're delicious. I may never find out myself.

I have also indeed never tried brain. I'm pretty sure I'll never have the guts. So are you talking about a tongue-and-brain dish combined? I have had tongue - lengua tacos. They were pretty heavily spiced and prepared and not that bad, though I'll take al pastor (pork) or asada (steak) over lengua any day.
No, separate dishes, and the best are usually the plainest - boiled with spices, served warm with a dressing of olive-oil, lemon, parsley, and optionally a bit of mustard. Brain and tongue (veil tongue is also very tasty) are usually appetizers when cooked and served this way.

ddickinson: Says the man who doesn't like chocolate. ;-)
I prefer other flavours, shoot me. ;-P
low rated
How's you going Crow?
gunsynd: How's you going Crow?
Can't complain here. Back and forth doing housework, crap like that.
How's your day been going?
low rated
gunsynd: How's you going Crow?
CarrionCrow: Can't complain here. Back and forth doing housework, crap like that.
Ok,.....ah ah did you say housework?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
CarrionCrow: Can't complain here. Back and forth doing housework, crap like that.
gunsynd: Ok,.....ah ah did you say housework?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
Yes, that's what I said. Kinda have to do it, otherwise the place starts to look like crap.
No matter how many times I keep saying I'm going to get a housekeeper, it never seems to happen....-laughs-
low rated
gunsynd: Ok,.....ah ah did you say housework?? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
CarrionCrow: Yes, that's what I said. Kinda have to do it, otherwise the place starts to look like crap.
No matter how many times I keep saying I'm going to get a housekeeper, it never seems to happen....-laughs-
I hope you don't wear an apron,with big tits hanging off it (laughing)
Just got a picture in my head..hahaha