It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
budejovice: I know this is an international thread and I haven't even been into football in years, but...

Dallas just got robbed.
That's not Football:-)

This is
http://www.nrl.com/
Post edited January 11, 2015 by gunsynd
budejovice: I know this is an international thread and I haven't even been into football in years, but...

Dallas just got robbed.
Oh, and they didn't rob the Lions last week? :P

Karma my friend, karma! :D
l0rdtr3k: Downloaded and installed the freeware C&C games and they're running like a dream.
Which ones are you trying? Still need to beat RA 2 at some point...
high rated

Dallas just got robbed.
tinyE: Oh, and they didn't rob the Lions last week? :P

To tell you the truth, this is the first quarter of football I've watched - college or pro - all season long! Though I'm going to have to catch the next few games just to not be a traitor to the city of Seattle.

Sorry things came up badly for your Lions. Man, they used to be a horrible horrible team. :)

gunsynd: That's not Football:-)

This is
I know our football isn't football. But I KNOW your football isn't football. ;)

Though, to be fair, rugby's going to beat australian rules every time.
Post edited January 11, 2015 by budejovice
Women's haircuts are considered good if people notice them; men's haircuts are considered good if people don't notice them.This makes sense, right?
tinyE: Oh, and they didn't rob the Lions last week? :P

budejovice: To tell you the truth, this is the first quarter of football I've watched - college or pro - all season long! Though I'm going to have to catch the next few games just to not be a traitor to the city of Seattle.

Sorry things came up badly for your Lions. Man, they used to be a horrible horrible team. :)

gunsynd: That's not Football:-)

This is
budejovice: I know our football isn't football. But I KNOW your football isn't football. ;)
I live in Northern Michigan which is Packer territory but I'm from St. Louis which was Cardinal territory turning into Ram territory and is now just waiting for the team to move back to L.A. Point being, I really don't have a team. :P
Post edited January 11, 2015 by tinyE
adaliabooks: Actually, haggis isn't too bad... once you can get past what it is... I've had it a couple of times (the first with out realising what it was) and it's actually not bad. Like black pudding (but that's also an acquired taste)
budejovice: This is pretty interesting. Like, CarrionCrow, I think I'm probably getting into a texture thing to some degree. (Which is the reason I almost gagged the only time I tried menudo.)

See, something with the texture of rice and/or oatmeal shouldn't taste like that! :) This takes us directly from haggis to the various types of blood sausage, many of which use rice. I haven't tried black pudding, but I've had several types of cajun boudin, including ricy & bloody. I know this is going to come out terribly wrong, but I like my sausage meaty. :)

Trivia: Some really amazing encased meats all over North America (including Mexican chorizo of course), but the best I have ever had off the continent:
-Italy, and for the life of me I can remember if that restaurant was in Milan or several candidates in Sicily
-Zagreb
I think texture plays a lot. Mince up the organs and I can eat them no problem... but the rubbery texture (to look at anyway, don't think I've ever eaten liver or kidneys by themselves) puts me off most organs... XD

And as for sausages, they have to be one or the other. I love a 80% + pork sausage, but good vegetarian sausages can be really nice too. But cheap sausages (only 50% or so meat) are horrible. Usually just fat and breadcrumbs.

l0rdtr3k: Downloaded and installed the freeware C&C games and they're running like a dream.
CarrionCrow: Which ones are you trying? Still need to beat RA 2 at some point...
Wait... is RA2 freeware these days? I absolutely love that game :D
budejovice: There are three things I do not like to eat:
-mushrooms
-stinky cheeses and other weird dairy
-organ meats
Then you haven't yet tasted pig testicles or yeanling tongue and brain, cooked and served properly.

Can't believe you don't like mushrooms.
high rated
tinyE: I live in Northern Michigan which is Packer territory but I'm from St. Louis which was Cardinal territory turning into Ram territory and is now just waiting for the team to move back to L.A. Point being, I really don't have a team. :P
Re: Packer Territory: I really should have checked The Map! :)

As a county highpointer, I love all data-driven maps broken down by US county. This one is a thing of beauty.
Attachments:
sirhamude: Women's haircuts are considered good if people notice them; men's haircuts are considered good if people don't notice them.This makes sense, right?
Is this a Romanian thing?

(Honest question)
tinyE: I live in Northern Michigan which is Packer territory but I'm from St. Louis which was Cardinal territory turning into Ram territory and is now just waiting for the team to move back to L.A. Point being, I really don't have a team. :P
budejovice: Re: Packer Territory: I really should have checked The Map! :)

As a county highpointer, I love all data-driven maps broken down by US county. This one is a thing of beauty.
That map rocks! XD I am keeping that bad boy!

Funny thing is, the U.P. isn't so much Packer territory as it is "If it's not hockey IT'S CRAP" territory.
Post edited January 11, 2015 by tinyE
high rated
budejovice: There are three things I do not like to eat:
-mushrooms
-stinky cheeses and other weird dairy
-organ meats
HypersomniacLive: Then you haven't yet tasted pig testicles or yeanling tongue and brain, cooked and served properly.

Can't believe you don't like mushrooms.
In the US I think cow testicles are more consumed. At least in the Southwest and Rocky Mountain states, which are heavily dominated by rangeland. Never tried them, though I hear they're delicious. I may never find out myself.

I have also indeed never tried brain. I'm pretty sure I'll never have the guts. So are you talking about a tongue-and-brain dish combined? I have had tongue - lengua tacos. They were pretty heavily spiced and prepared and not that bad, though I'll take al pastor (pork) or asada (steak) over lengua any day.
HypersomniacLive: Can't believe you don't like mushrooms.
Says the man who doesn't like chocolate. ;-)
HypersomniacLive: Can't believe you don't like mushrooms.
ddickinson: Says the man who doesn't like chocolate. ;-)
Blasphemy!
TheCowSaysMoo: I actually ate both of them in France :p

We got blood sausages and stuff like that. And pies. And waffles. And pancakes.
tinyE: Well I don't have France to blame, this is the State food of Michigan, the Pasty.

They are boring enough, usually just filled with potatoes and salted pork.
That doesn't look half bad. I'd add tomatoes but okay.