It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

j0ekerr: ...
And I'm left wondering, why hasn't anyone realized the erotic potential of marmite?
Perhaps folks are too busy playing patty-fingers with Nutella to notice?

Alas, the art of Fondue is lost upon the new generations of this age...

CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon/evening. =)
Howdy. :)
Post edited January 19, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF

Hopefully everyone's having a good day, or at the very least a decent one.
Good morning, Carri! (Can I call you Carri?)

Today has been nice to me. How's yours?
Post edited January 19, 2015 by AgentBirdnest
j0ekerr: ...
And I'm left wondering, why hasn't anyone realized the erotic potential of marmite?
GhostwriterDoF: Perhaps folks are too busy playing patty-fingers with Nutella to notice?

Alas, the art of Fondue is lost upon the new generations of this age...
Clearly, amatuer reverse image and overexposed self mirror shots with an enormous amount of flash bloom reflecting back at the aperture are much more sexy than actual human contact involving warm melted chocolate and strawberries. "OMG that is like tots not vegan and ewww gross sauce"
Ixamyakxim: *edit to add: This thread has been on a serious Warhammer streak!
That's because Warhammer is awesome ;)

Honestly, it always amazed me how many people played Warhammer or Warhammer 40k, when we used to play regularly we were always bumping into people who played... yet no one ever seemed to admit it, or there was never anywhere to go to play (or buy stuff, I'm sure we only had one GW store in Ireland..)

I suppose it's less surprising here given the demographic, retro gaming nerds are exactly the kind of people I would expect to like a tabletop war game.
j0ekerr: The space hulk game as is, is most certainly not worth it.
Ixamyakxim: In a way I'm glad to hear this, as I was a bit sad I wouldn't get a shot at playing this game.

j0ekerr: However, Ascension, took the idea of space hulk and adapted it to the digital medium. As such, it's a space hulk videogame done right, not just a computerized version of the board game.
Ixamyakxim: What is this Ascension you speak of, and any shot it ends up hear? Your quote caught my attention. Also, anyone remember the awesome first person tactical shooter for Space Hulk? Grueling but good creepy fun.

*edit to add: This thread has been on a serious Warhammer streak!
Do you mean the Playstation 1 version of Space Hulk, by chance?

Hopefully everyone's having a good day, or at the very least a decent one.
AgentBirdnest: Good morning, Carri! (Can I call you Carri?)

Today has been nice to me. How's yours?
I don't mind. =) (First thought - reminded me of the fire elemental from Final Fantasy 1. -laughs-)

Can't complain here, just bouncing around from thing to thing, killing time and chewing my nicotine gum like a good little recovering drug addict.
Good to hear you're having a pleasant day. =)
Post edited January 19, 2015 by CarrionCrow
adaliabooks: That's because Warhammer is awesome ;)
I never played but my God was it impressive to walk into the game stores of my youth when people were playing on detailed battlefields with fully painted miniature armies. Crazy! Some of them did beautiful work.

CarrionCrow: Do you mean the Playstation 1 version of Space Hulk, by chance?
The one I was thinking of was on PC, but PS1 would have been right around the same time so it could very well have been ported. You'd outfit a squad with various weapons and then watch as they were torn apart by genestealers on a dark, enormous hulk. The marines had this wonderful bulky massive look to them, and you could order them about while controlling one in first person.
Ixamyakxim: What is this Ascension you speak of, and any shot it ends up hear? Your quote caught my attention. Also, anyone remember the awesome first person tactical shooter for Space Hulk? Grueling but good creepy fun.

*edit to add: This thread has been on a serious Warhammer streak!
This is ascension

It's the same game, but revamped to NOT SUCK. Which caused a lot of rage when people who had bought the first one, found out that the promised patches were in fact a new game which they had to buy AGAIN.
Ixamyakxim: I never played but my God was it impressive to walk into the game stores of my youth when people were playing on detailed battlefields with fully painted miniature armies. Crazy! Some of them did beautiful work.
When I was younger, my thought was always "Hahaha! What a bunch of nerds!"
Today, my thoughts are "Dammit, I wish I were cool enough to play with them!"
Ixamyakxim: I never played but my God was it impressive to walk into the game stores of my youth when people were playing on detailed battlefields with fully painted miniature armies. Crazy! Some of them did beautiful work.
AgentBirdnest: When I was younger, my thought was always "Hahaha! What a bunch of nerds!"
When it comes to Warhammer, it's not a matter of cool. It's a matter of coin.

If you want a physical army full of miniatures, it will cost you hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
I still remember going to the game store when I was a teenager and seeing the biggest figure for a Chaos army. They wanted 45 dollars for it. That much, for one figure. You still had to assemble it, still had to paint it. Shudder to think of how much that is now.

CarrionCrow: Do you mean the Playstation 1 version of Space Hulk, by chance?
Ixamyakxim: The one I was thinking of was on PC, but PS1 would have been right around the same time so it could very well have been ported. You'd outfit a squad with various weapons and then watch as they were torn apart by genestealers on a dark, enormous hulk. The marines had this wonderful bulky massive look to them, and you could order them about while controlling one in first person.
I never knew it was on PC, just vaguely remember seeing something like that for PS1 in a video store once upon a time.
I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere, give it a try. You describe it well, and what are the odds that it'll end up being worse than some of the garbage I've played? ;)
Post edited January 19, 2015 by CarrionCrow
EndreWhiteMane: This looks very interesting.
ddickinson: It sure does, but not enough to lure me to the side of the Heretics. You will not corrupt me into using Steam, no matter how hard you try! :-)

j0ekerr: Whereas the board game is great...
ddickinson: I used to love playing the board game with my dad and brothers when I was younger. The docking, the Xenos, the cool and unique Dreadnaught. Fun times. :-)
The Fall is DRM free, just comes with a Steam key if you want it. ;)

Howdy folks.

I passed on the Warhammer sale stuff, did pick up 'The Fall' though, looks very interesting.
Post edited January 19, 2015 by EndreWhiteMane
ddickinson: It sure does, but not enough to lure me to the side of the Heretics. You will not corrupt me into using Steam, no matter how hard you try! :-)

I used to love playing the board game with my dad and brothers when I was younger. The docking, the Xenos, the cool and unique Dreadnaught. Fun times. :-)
EndreWhiteMane: The Fall is DRM free, just comes with a Steam key if you want it. ;)

Howdy folks.

I passed on the Warhammer sale stuff, did pick up 'The Fall' though, looks very interesting.
Hey there. =) Hope your day's going well so far.

Funny you mention that one, saw a gameplay video for it recently and like you said, it looks good.
Might end up picking that one by the end of the day.
Oh yeah. My brother was pretty good at painting, I was just average. There were a couple of models I had I was quite pleased with, but I didn't really have the patience most of the time.

AgentBirdnest: When I was younger, my thought was always "Hahaha! What a bunch of nerds!"
CarrionCrow: When it comes to Warhammer, it's not a matter of cool. It's a matter of coin.

If you want a physical army full of miniatures, it will cost you hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars.
I still remember going to the game store when I was a teenager and seeing the biggest figure for a Chaos army. They wanted 45 dollars for it. That much, for one figure. You still had to assemble it, still had to paint it. Shudder to think of how much that is now.
Oh yeah, we must have spent £100s on Warhammer when we were kids... A typical army would easily put you back £300 or £400, and that was just if you wanted a very basic set up with no choices of units or anything else and you hadn't spent too much on paints or the other extras...

Expensive hobby, but it was a lot of fun once you had your army (and had found people to play).

I know it would never happen as it would mean cutting their income from models, but I would love an online version of Warhammer. Just choose an army, paint it up like you can in DoW and fight with people. It would be so easy to simulate but to make it worth GW's while they would need to charge a subscription or for the units for your army or something...
low rated
I walked into the Electronic Lab at work one day,looked around and said (yeah it'll work here).
Good Morning boys I see your very inept this morning,keep up the good work.They all returned compliments of the day to
me,and the Boss then said yeah mate we are the best.
Done what I had to do and left.
When I got outside Ricky,very very quiet person and smart grabbed me and said I know what that means,Smiling I said why didn't you say something in there? No,because it's more fun this way.Best laugh he had for a long time because he was always being picked on..

Oh Good Morning L & G...:-)
adaliabooks: Oh yeah. My brother was pretty good at painting, I was just average. There were a couple of models I had I was quite pleased with, but I didn't really have the patience most of the time.

CarrionCrow: When it comes to Warhammer, it's not a matter of cool. It's a matter of coin.

adaliabooks: Oh yeah, we must have spent £100s on Warhammer when we were kids... A typical army would easily put you back £300 or £400, and that was just if you wanted a very basic set up with no choices of units or anything else and you hadn't spent too much on paints or the other extras...

Expensive hobby, but it was a lot of fun once you had your army (and had found people to play).

I know it would never happen as it would mean cutting their income from models, but I would love an online version of Warhammer. Just choose an army, paint it up like you can in DoW and fight with people. It would be so easy to simulate but to make it worth GW's while they would need to charge a subscription or for the units for your army or something...
They've got some kind of online game in the works, alongside things like Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, and a Warhammer RTS being done by the people who do the Total War franchise.
It might not be 40K, but I'll take an RTS being done by people who specialize in such things. It's got the best chance of actually being good.
CarrionCrow: They've got some kind of online game in the works, alongside things like Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, and a Warhammer RTS being done by the people who do the Total War franchise.
It might not be 40K, but I'll take an RTS being done by people who specialize in such things. It's got the best chance of actually being good.
That sounds good, I'd love a proper Warhammer game, but a Total War style RTS would do.