It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The (pixel) art of war!

Wargroove is coming soon DRM-free.

She might be a young queen on the run but Mercia is far from helpless! Together with her new allies she shall wage war and try to reclaim the kingdom of Cherrystone in a dynamic strategy game with fascinating turn-based encounters and distinct commanders, each with their own personality and Groove fighting moves. Create your own campaigns with the advanced in-game tools, try the Arcade and Puzzle modes, fight online battles, and feel the charm of Wargroove!
We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

Together with the publisher, we launched the coming soon page back in February with the best intention of delivering Wargroove as soon as possible, especially knowing how many of you were eager to play it. Despite continuous efforts on both sides, releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible. This is why we mutually made a very difficult decision not to offer the game and we will be removing the coming soon page as a result.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by chandra
Can someone explain me the hype for this game? Is it just Advance Wars for PC?
TentacleMayor: Is it just Advance Wars for PC?
Yes.
TentacleMayor: Can someone explain me the hype for this game? Is it just Advance Wars for PC?
Considering Nintendo hasn't made an Advance Wars game in over 10 years the hype is understandable.
There is still this "Q1 2019", release date, guess that it's no longer valid?
MartiusR: There is still this "Q1 2019", release date, guess that it's no longer valid?
There's still today, but I expect you're right. I doubt GOG would have this game go against Warcraft.
Any news regarding the release date?
NuffCatnip:
Soon (TM)
NuffCatnip:
ShadowWulfe: Soon (TM)
Gotcha :)
What a bummer, nobody even bothered to update this "Q1 2019", it's still on game's page. And of course zero messages from devs (plus they're completely ignoring all questions regarding GOG release).
It's unfortunate that there still isn't any news about the release here on GOG.
WTF, I assumed this was already here. What's the hold up?
I see that today afternoon they've changed Q1 2019 on Q2 2019 on product's page.

It's incredible that there was no problem with releasing at the same game on Switch (hardware inferior comparing to all other popular gaming devices) and Xbox one, but releasing already existing PC version on GOG is so problematic.

Sigh.
MartiusR: I see that today afternoon they've changed Q1 2019 on Q2 2019 on product's page.

It's incredible that there was no problem with releasing at the same game on Switch (hardware inferior comparing to all other popular gaming devices) and Xbox one, but releasing already existing PC version on GOG is so problematic.

Sigh.
It's not like it's close to stretching the Switch's hardware* anyway but I get what you mean. If they were working on Crossplay then I could sort of understand the holdup but I don't see any mention of Crossplay in this news post or on the store page.

*Incidentally, the Switch is actually pretty powerful compared to most popular gaming devices in its class - a handheld with a TV out is still fundamentally a handheld and should be judged as such.
I just hope they won't delay updates like they delayed the release.
MartiusR: I see that today afternoon they've changed Q1 2019 on Q2 2019 on product's page.

Sigh.
Pretty sure is not a technical problem. Looks like they are intentionally holding the DRM free version, maybe another platform has required them to do so to reduce piracy or to avoid competition. After some months, when sales go down on main channels, they will release the "DRM free" to boost sales. Just the same effect as a discount, but without having to actually discount the game.

I hate when indie games come to an agreement with consoles companies before being released. That usually means either the DRM-free version will be second class, or there won't be DRM-free version at all.