It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The (pixel) art of war!

Wargroove is coming soon DRM-free.

She might be a young queen on the run but Mercia is far from helpless! Together with her new allies she shall wage war and try to reclaim the kingdom of Cherrystone in a dynamic strategy game with fascinating turn-based encounters and distinct commanders, each with their own personality and Groove fighting moves. Create your own campaigns with the advanced in-game tools, try the Arcade and Puzzle modes, fight online battles, and feel the charm of Wargroove!
We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

Together with the publisher, we launched the coming soon page back in February with the best intention of delivering Wargroove as soon as possible, especially knowing how many of you were eager to play it. Despite continuous efforts on both sides, releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible. This is why we mutually made a very difficult decision not to offer the game and we will be removing the coming soon page as a result.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by chandra
Chucklefish, you complete cockwombles.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Lots of customers, including myself, object to having feature-stripped versions of games on GOG.
And lots of others don't care. Guess the two groups will have to go to war over it.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Lots of customers, including myself, object to having feature-stripped versions of games on GOG.
tfishell: And lots of others don't care. Guess the two groups will have to go to war over it.
*Throws banana pie*
Well, I wasn't really waiting its release here, but, boy, am I disappointed. :(

Well, such is life. T__T
Not too happy with Chucklefish. Really lackluster effort lately in many areas plus the unpaid workers thing.

Glad I got it for “free” on Xbox Game Pass. I also had it on Switch since launch, but I only played it a few times. Actually managed to call in and get a refund on it (to online store credit). Much happier spending it on some other dev.

No more Chucklefish products for me.
chandra: We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

Together with the publisher, we launched the coming soon page back in February with the best intention of delivering Wargroove as soon as possible, especially knowing how many of you were eager to play it. Despite continuous efforts on both sides, releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible. This is why we mutually made a very difficult decision not to offer the game and we will be removing the coming soon page as a result.
Shame, would have bought it anyway.
I don't give a rat's arse about multiplayer or the lack of it.
low rated
this is hilarious

chucklefish aka dunderheads.
Guess it's Fell Seal for me, then.
Wow, just saw this. That's... incredibly disappointing. It's not like there's a wealth of games I want coming to GOG, so it stings that much more.
I was planning on getting this based on art style alone, it's not even a genre I really play but this looked so charming...

Thanks Cucklefish, you know up where you can stick your games from now on.
Post edited September 29, 2019 by ReynardFox
I find it puzzling how they made multiplayer work between Switch, Xbox, and Steam, but for some reason couldn't figure out GOG. Sounds more like they couldn't bother with the effort rather than a real technical issue.
Mr.Mumbles: I find it puzzling how they made multiplayer work between Switch, Xbox, and Steam, but for some reason couldn't figure out GOG. Sounds more like they couldn't bother with the effort rather than a real technical issue.
Absolutely this. My guess is that the long delay between the Steam release and the eventual cancellation of the GOG version wasn't spent desperately trying to get multiplayer to work, but rather they just kept putting it off and not actually working on it to the point where they think that it's no longer worth bothering. They've missed the release period by a mile, all but the most fervent GOG/DRM-free fans will have bought it on Steam already.

Whatever, screw them if they think I'm going to buy it anywhere else.
Mr.Mumbles: I find it puzzling how they made multiplayer work between Switch, Xbox, and Steam, but for some reason couldn't figure out GOG. Sounds more like they couldn't bother with the effort rather than a real technical issue.
Yep, it reeks of bone idle laziness.
Let us not forget this travesty.
edit: nevermind, SirPrimalform already talked about this
Post edited October 15, 2019 by tfishell