It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The (pixel) art of war!

Wargroove is coming soon DRM-free.

She might be a young queen on the run but Mercia is far from helpless! Together with her new allies she shall wage war and try to reclaim the kingdom of Cherrystone in a dynamic strategy game with fascinating turn-based encounters and distinct commanders, each with their own personality and Groove fighting moves. Create your own campaigns with the advanced in-game tools, try the Arcade and Puzzle modes, fight online battles, and feel the charm of Wargroove!
We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

Together with the publisher, we launched the coming soon page back in February with the best intention of delivering Wargroove as soon as possible, especially knowing how many of you were eager to play it. Despite continuous efforts on both sides, releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible. This is why we mutually made a very difficult decision not to offer the game and we will be removing the coming soon page as a result.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by chandra
SirPrimalform: Chucklefish, you complete cockwombles.
I have no idea what a cockwomble is but I'm adding it to my lexicon.
SirPrimalform: Whatever, screw them if they think I'm going to buy it anywhere else.
I'm certain 1-2 years from now, it will be made available in some cheap bundle. Or sooner in a humble monthly.
tfishell: edit: nevermind, SirPrimalform already talked about this
Ah, you also called them cockwombles?
SirPrimalform: Whatever, screw them if they think I'm going to buy it anywhere else.
MadalinStroe: I'm certain 1-2 years from now, it will be made available in some cheap bundle. Or sooner in a humble monthly.
It'd have to be DRM-free for me to be at all interested, which is unlikely given the way they pulled out of the GOG release.
Post edited October 15, 2019 by SirPrimalform
chandra: ... releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible.
Like in "releasing the game without DRM" ?
As GOG was once tricked into my people who made Gremlin's Inc (or a bit before that, by League of Geek with Armello ?)

because sure, releasing a game without DRM is very hard, and selling DLCs for DRM free games is completely and technically impossible to achieve... as would confirm... well... many DLCs available for many games on GOG catalog...

too bad, seemed a nice advance war style tactical game... But, well, Backlog© is still thriving and only have 24 hours per day, so...
Ancient-Red-Dragon: GOG still needs to fix Crossplay. They'd be able to do that if they invested time and money and energy necessary into addressing the current problems that cause most devs never to implement it. Otherwise, debacles like this Wargroove one will always continue, and also, other good multiplayer games will simply never be considered for release on GOG at all.
This in my view is a problem that the developers have created for themselves by removing LAN play.As long as greed forms a part of the industry we will forever have problems of players being cut off and servers dying.
chandra: We regret to inform you that Wargroove will not be released on GOG.COM.

Together with the publisher, we launched the coming soon page back in February with the best intention of delivering Wargroove as soon as possible, especially knowing how many of you were eager to play it. Despite continuous efforts on both sides, releasing the game in a way that we believe would be satisfying to the entire GOG community, was not possible. This is why we mutually made a very difficult decision not to offer the game and we will be removing the coming soon page as a result.
Aww man.... I waited for so long :(
Oh come on, I just discovered this game :c
Every time this pops up, a little bit of me goes "they changed their minds!".
So, given that this got crossplay back on August 4th... still a no?
SirPrimalform: Every time this pops up, a little bit of me goes "they changed their minds!".
I almost shit myself when I noticed this thread, then I came to the realization of what it actually was, then I wanted to rage about the necro, then I saw your comment. Now I'm just sad...
I don't get it....How to do these developers manage to port games to multiple consoles, but there is a problem with GOG?
Post edited August 19, 2020 by SpaceMadness
SpaceMadness: I don't get it....How to do these developers mage manage to port games to multiple consoles, but there is a problem with GOG?
I would guess it could be any of these:

1. GOG wants Galaxy-integration for the game, but the developers feel the extra work for that is unwarranted as the game doesn't necessarily sell that well on GOG. Consoles generally have a much higher potential for sales than GOG, making it more justified to work for full content and integration.

2. The developers would like to add features to the game that can be deemed as DRM, like that you have to log into some online account from within the game to access many features, even in single-player.

3. The developers wanted to release a gimped version on GOG that is missing gaming content or features from e.g. the Steam version, because e.g. DLCs or such are integrated to Steamworks. Kind of releasing only the bareboned version on GOG.

Checking the Steam page for the game, it seems to be a multplayer ("up to four players!") focused tactical game, so somehow I suspect the developer came with the idea that the GOG version would have only single-player (against enemy AI?). So, #3, gimped GOG version.

I personally am fine with the GOG version missing multiplayer, as long as the single-player part is meaningful and the multiplayer part is not the core of the gameplay. Not sure how it is with Wargroove.

Either way, the game didn't seem that interesting to me in the Steam pages, so meh. Not every game needs to be on GOG, only those that really interest me. :)
Post edited August 19, 2020 by timppu
SpaceMadness: I don't get it....How to do these developers mage manage to port games to multiple consoles, but there is a problem with GOG?
Quoting one of the Chucklefish team members (their official discord, nickname "Pilgrim"):

Sadly we weren't able to make multiplayer happen with GOG with the resources we had, which is a shame! We're a very small company, so these kinds of decisions usually come with a heavy heart as we do love the GOG community and ultimately had to do what's best for the game as a whole. We still work with GOG and have added a lot of our catalogue to their store and will continue to. I must stress, that the team over there are lovely, supportive and understanding, and I'm looking forward to continue working with the platform
MartiusR: Quoting one of the Chucklefish team members (their official discord, nickname "Pilgrim"):

Sadly we weren't able to make multiplayer happen with GOG with the resources we had, which is a shame! We're a very small company, so these kinds of decisions usually come with a heavy heart as we do love the GOG community and ultimately had to do what's best for the game as a whole. We still work with GOG and have added a lot of our catalogue to their store and will continue to. I must stress, that the team over there are lovely, supportive and understanding, and I'm looking forward to continue working with the platform
Was this recently? I still have trouble imagining that getting it to work with Galaxy would be difficult given that they have cross-play running between consoles and Steam.
MartiusR: Quoting one of the Chucklefish team members (their official discord, nickname "Pilgrim"):

Crisco1492: Was this recently? I still have trouble imagining that getting it to work with Galaxy would be difficult given that they have cross-play running between consoles and Steam.
About 12 days ago, so it's quite "fresh" information.