It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been sitting refreshing the home page http://www.minecraft.net/ for a while now because of the purchases counter on the top.

Seems to be selling at the rate of about two copies a minute. Wow.
stonebro: I've been sitting refreshing the home page http://www.minecraft.net/ for a while now because of the purchases counter on the top.

Seems to be selling at the rate of about two copies a minute. Wow.
Yeah, that's crazy. No wonder Paypal went bonkers for a while with the massive amount of cash flowing on Notch's account... ^_^
I'm getting stutters in the game. The framerate can go quite smoothly for about 5 seconds or so as I'm moving in a direction, then the game freezes for about 2/3 of a second before resuming again. Tried Googling but the solutions don't fix the periodical stuttering. Anyone else experienced this? When I tried Minecraft months ago (before Survival mode was implemented), it worked very smoothly. No stuttering at all.

Reducing graphical settings and view distance doesn't help at all. It's still the same - smooth frame rate, occasional stuttering.
Post edited November 08, 2010 by lowyhong
lowyhong: I'm getting stutters in the game. The framerate can go quite smoothly for about 5 seconds or so as I'm moving in a direction, then the game freezes for about 2/3 of a second before resuming again. Tried Googling but the solutions don't fix the periodical stuttering. Anyone else experienced this? When I tried Minecraft months ago (before Survival mode was implemented), it worked very smoothly. No stuttering at all.

Reducing graphical settings and view distance doesn't help at all. It's still the same - smooth frame rate, occasional stuttering.
The stuttering is taking place when more of the world is being generated; now with the new biomes it's normal for that phase to take more resources as there are more complicated algorithms at work for block placement.

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do :(
Good to know it isn't an isolated problem, thanks.
I had about 20 hours in a file and now it's just gone... NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO
lowyhong: I'm getting stutters in the game.
Me too. The insane graphix are killing my GPU. I'm getting flashbacks from playing the GTA IV.
lowyhong: I'm getting stutters in the game.
Rakasta: Me too. The insane graphix are killing my GPU. I'm getting flashbacks from playing the GTA IV.
Stutters are from your computer creating the world as you go I think
Some stuttering was cause by the new system of mob spawning... But from what I read, Notch reverted mobs back to the old system - did you install the newest patch? It might fix the problem.
Twilight: Some stuttering was cause by the new system of mob spawning... But from what I read, Notch reverted mobs back to the old system - did you install the newest patch? It might fix the problem.
From what I know he reverted it only on Survival Multiplayer.
Twilight: Some stuttering was cause by the new system of mob spawning... But from what I read, Notch reverted mobs back to the old system - did you install the newest patch? It might fix the problem.
AndrewC: From what I know he reverted it only on Survival Multiplayer.
No, he reverted it and said that it would particularly help in SMP. Since the most recent patch my game reverted to its pre-patch glory :P
Uh oh. Looks like I fucked up. Any idea how to fix this?
Attachments:
mine.jpg (45 Kb)
lowyhong: Uh oh. Looks like I fucked up. Any idea how to fix this?
make an infinite well of water first... a 2x2 hole, one block deep, with water sources in two opposite corners. Then just keep taking water from that one and... umm... fill the sea with water again :D
Minecraft desperately needs a better water system :D
WOHOOO! Next update coming tomorrow: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1525944516/an-update-is-coming-tomorrow :)
lowyhong: Uh oh. Looks like I fucked up. Any idea how to fix this?
Twilight: make an infinite well of water first... a 2x2 hole, one block deep, with water sources in two opposite corners. Then just keep taking water from that one and... umm... fill the sea with water again :D
Minecraft desperately needs a better water system :D
You are mistaken. What you suggest won't work at all.

To fix it build a solid layer one block below the water surface level (out of dirt or whatever). Any gaps beneath it don't need to be filled in--just that one layer. Once this is complete, fill in any moving areas with water from the bucket (extracting from spots one block deep for best results). You can then dig up the filler layer and the water will fill it without flowing.