It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humans regrouping after valiant fight. Servers not killed yet!

After a series of skirmishes and suffering some losses, server armies have managed to pierce human defenses and are advancing further down the Internets. We’ve contacted both the Server Unit Central Kommand and Humans, and asked for a comment.

Server Cluster said: “Puny humans have tried to overpower us, but failed” and then quickly added that “the decisive battle is yet to come on Tuesday.”

“Next time we meet, we plan on taking prisoners and overclocking them without using sufficient heat dispersal.”
“Maybe we’ll gather them in one place and ask to run below 60 FPS.”

Asked for a comment, a human representative stated humanity is preparing entirely new decks and factions.

“We’re preparing entirely new decks and factions.”
“Also, we’ll be attacking at different hours and recruiting new troops -- the servers must die!”

A GWENT technical stress test event, Kill the Servers! Round 2 is expected to start on September 27th at 6 PM UTC and end at 10 PM UTC.

Visit <span class="bold">https://www.playgwent.com/en/killtheservers</span> and grab your pitchfork now!

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OqNet72FPF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited September 27, 2016 by maladr0Id
Played Monster deck for the whole thing, Northern seems like its the best counter since out of the 3 losses I had, 2 were northern and coincidentally those were the only northern decks i've ran into. Great battles too, had a draw with someone and it was glorious, thank you CDPR! Hope to get into the beta.
Wow! It's really great. I've enter round 9 p.m. and I was able to enjoy gwent till now :) I had no problems, no bugs. It's amazing: new cards, new abillities. I've tried every decks. Skellige is very strong, monsters are pretty good too, with scoia'tael was also fun and the northern realms is for me "a little to little". Couple matches did crashed but I managed to finish some opponents as well. Thank you! I can't wait for beta (if I get to be the 'chosen one")
Maaaaaan this was fun !
The game still needs some improvements content wise, and if all the cards were animated that would be mint.
ibb27: Yeah, it's a bug.
I thought the bonus applied to cards held in your hand? Thats the way it worked for me at least.
The beta has finished! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SERVERS ARE DOWN!
Played for about an hour and a half ! The finding of an opponent was quick. I got to see all the decks in action between the ones I used and what were played against me.

One "game & server" need to sync error, a couple crashes (or something) that made a few matches just end suddenly.
Some server lag/hang upon choosing a card/targeting and play.

Beautiful artwork, music and card abilities. Really had fun trying to stress the servers.
Thank you for this pre-beta test.

Was able to play a few games without any crashes or bugs this time.
The game is fantastic, cant wait to see more.

Keep up the good work!
Played from the very beginning until the last minute.

Issues: None. Found an opponent very fast and the game ran smoothly at all times.

Pros: New decks, more diversity and cool animations. I just wish the Skellige Deck was a little more like in the Witcher 3.

Cons: No decks are a match for the Monster Deck. It's not really an issue since this is only a stress test, but worth mentioning.

HUGE cons: Please, reduce the timing of the turns by half. It is more than enough for the opponent to think about what they're going to do. It's very frustrating to play your turn in 2 seconds and watch your opponent think for 1 hour about what he's going to do. Another thing, maybe we could skip or fast forward the flipping coin animation by pressing space and eliminate this animation when you or your opponent has already passed. It is the only annoying part of the game.

Suggestion: Another 24 hours of gamepla to gather information about the balance of the game so far before the BETA?

I could masterize and fully understand the Northern, Monster and Skellige Deck, but didn't have any chance to focus on the Dwarf Deck.

I'd love to take my time to write a full review about the four decks, giving my point of view of what is good, what is bad, what is unecessary and their balance when playing against each other.
thank you for this evening test.
I have not encountered major problems, rare times, victories without a fight.

I had three times out of the game, a message from windows 10, saying that the game it was wrong ferméet windows that go close.

Good luck for the rest of your adventure.

ps: where was the faction Nilfgaard for the final version can be?
ibb27: Yeah, it's a bug.
Pishtosh: I thought the bonus applied to cards held in your hand? Thats the way it worked for me at least.
Probably bonus is from Eredin, didn't read every card, there were no time for that. :)
On Beta when we can build and play with our own decks, it will be necessary.
I am absolutely in love with the Skellige deck!

So glad they put two more decks, because definitely the monster deck has an advantage to Northern Realms.

Another thing, when you pass your turn, the game become a bit slow and loss a little pace...at least for me.

I also found the Scoia'tael to be the most hard faction to play, but i did manage to win some matches with them.

But no Crashes, no Freezes, no Slowdowns.
Love Gwent Already!
Post edited September 28, 2016 by Musicfate
Great first impression on this stress test.

If we except the bugs and the perfectible UI (reduce the time coin-flip animation seems great idea), I appreciated play with each of four factions. The news mechanics are welcome and i am really curious for the next step.

In my opinion however the Monster faction is slighty more powerful that three others thanks to Aeromancy and Caranthir which allow to manage more easily the initial drawn. Against Skellige the victory can be almost certain if we obtain this both card while the opponnent can't obtain this clear skies.
Globally the balance beetwen the first two row and the biggest threat on back row allows to manage rather effectively the opponent' removals to finish him then with Eredin and/or Aeromancy.

Skellige is very funny to play and depend above all on the first line control. But with this very good capacity to exhaust the opponnent, this faction juste need to develop this others row to become formidable. And to not face too much biting frost.

Scoiat'el were enormously improved compared to memory which i had kept of them. The choice of every row for their tactical switch and the synergy of the dwarfs give them a real possibility for adapt strategy wich corresponds completely to their spirits. The Operator can be a huge card like Milva but the elven mercenay stay to random in many case for be play without the both scorch in hand/graveyard. With a better deck kwnowledge and more decoy/ removal on future, this faction could be my favorite

Finnaly Northen Realms remain the most homogeneous faction. Their new passive is clearly less excessive than previously and the promotion system is an archetypal anti-scorch. And the witcher quatuor is dream of course.

I would wait the closed beta with impatience.
Is it still going on? I think I got time zoned because I'm dumb.
Is the tutorial locked? How do I learn how to play?