It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wizardtypething: That's a good decision to make.

Admittedly I liked Revelations (more than Brotherhood, less than 2 and 1), but 3 just really goes far, far away from what AC1 and AC2 did.
jepsen1977: Thx for the advice and maybe I should give Revelations a try since I already purchased it before starting ACB.
It's a little bit shorter than ACB I think, though don't expect the story to be anywhere near as compelling as AC2 - the final assassination is kind of a cop-out, but I quite liked the missions that focus on Ezio manipulating and managing his situation through assassination rather than straight character assassination a la AC1 and AC2.

Perhaps it was just the freshness of the environs that compelled me; Constantinople seemed a more interesting and dense place to explore than Rome (but i think Rome just overdid the Italian setting), and the codex entries are still interesting (can't say the same for 3, they were badly handled to say the least).

True, Ezio is over-armed (though the customisable bombs are fun to fool about with), over-powered and the FUCKING KILLSTREAKS are still there, which defang the combat - and any threat beyond desynchronising because you lost the target or whatever - COMPLETELY. True, the assassin-management is largely a series of menus with no strategy beyond taking percentage risks and the tower defence game is utterly pointless (and only necessary if you really, and I mean *really*, slack off doing your assassin-training missions). BUT there's still something to like in there; can't comment on the multiplayer either, but far as I'm aware it's devolved into the typical ghost town populated by either hackers or maximum-rank players steamrolling each other that AAA games tend to devolve into.

I certainly liked it more than Brotherhood and 3; but had I bought it at full-price on release I don't think I'd be being so...charitable.
Yesterday, I finished the 1st Max Payne. It was an enjoyable and very frustrating experience at the same time. It was very enjoyable gunning down hordes of bad guys while in slow-motion. Not so enjoyable when you are forced to quick save every damn room because a guy with a shotgun can ohko you anytime. It really reminded me of Shogo and its alarmingly quick deaths. It also had a good story that didn't get in the way of the game. Overall, I was pleased with it, though I hope Max Payne 2 isn't such a cheap bastard as its predecessor.

And as usual, my friend, the Full List!
Post edited July 13, 2013 by Grargar
Defenders Quest

Great tower defense game. I've sunk just over 30 hours into completing the game and I'm definatly going to go through it again in New game + mode.
Lego Pirates. Very buggy, horrible design mechanics... but still lego fun... at least fun enough to get to 100% ;) Star Wars is still the better Lego game IMHO. (at least out of the 3 I have tried, SW, IJ, and Pirates).
Just finished Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Really awesome game that's actually as much a puzzler as it is a platformer and brawler 3rd
The whole Nosgoth Mythos is pretty cool and interesting too, I had the retail version years and years ago, actually upgraded to DD in the middle of this playthough
i have the other 2 Soul Reavers to go but don't currently own either of the Blood Omens, really hope the first one turns up at some point!

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post107
Back to the Future: The Game: I have mixed feelings about this one. Honestly, I am not a fan of Telltale games. I think they lack the adventure part of the genre and focus on creating a nice interactive movie. This one started really bad for me and started to get interesting with Episode 3. Anyway, I love the franchise so I would probably play any game with Marty McFly and Doc Brown in it. Also, I found the feeling very annoying that this game was obviously not made for the PCs. From the controls to the menu, the devs just wanted to have a formula which would work on PCs, consoles and iPads the same. I would recommend it for the Back to the Future fans, but not for adventure gamers.

2009:

Grand Theft Auto IV, C&C3: Tiberium Wars, C&C3: Kane's Wrath, Fallout 1, Fallout 3, Devil May Cry 4, Beneath A Steel Sky

Best game finished in 2009: Fallout
Worst game finished in 2009: C&C3: Kane's Wrath

2010:

Final Fantasy VII, Dead Space, Unreal, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect, Mass Effect: Bring Down the Sky, Secret of Monkey Island: SE, Jagged Alliance 2, Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Assassin's Creed

Best game finished in 2010: Final Fantasy VII
Worst game finished in 2010: Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty

2011:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2 GotY, Plants vs. Zombies, Neverwinter Nights, Resistance 3, Call of Duty: World at War, Duke Nukem 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Left 4 Dead (Advanced), Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Best game finished in 2011: Bioshock
Worst game finished in 2011: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

2012:

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, Descent: Freespace - The Great War, Portal, Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem (iOS), Army of Darkness: Defense (iOS), Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Fallout 3 add-ons (Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta), Wet, Silent Hill, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark

Best game finished in 2012: Demon's Souls
Worst game finished in 2012: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned

2013:

Starcraft, Back to the Future: The Game

Best game finished in 2013: Starcraft
Worst game finished in 2013: Back to the Future: The Game
Blood 2 (13th July 1:41pm)

Good not great. The story is meh, some good gunplay and levels are well designed. I think Shogo

Add Blood 2 Nightmare (13th July 8:53pm)

They had a idea but they had a limited budget. Few throwbacks to the first blood game. Recommended if you like Blood 2. Also it is very short game. Must of took me an hour or hour and half.
Post edited July 13, 2013 by mrking58
Batman: Arkham City GOTY -- Harley Quinn's Revenge

Full list here.
Hotel Miami

Fun gameplay, great soundtrack, confusing story and awful AI. Would've taken me longer to finish if I had a better computer that could run the game full speed.
*Hotline

...unless of course there is, in fact, a game called Hotel Miami - in which case, just ignore me...
14/07/2013: Sleeping Dogs: Year of the Snake DLC: More sleeping dogs, which is a good thing. Will have to hunt down the rest of the collectibles at some point.

Full list here
So far this year I've finished:

-Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura: One of my new favorite games. I played through as a Dwarf Gunslinger/Technologist. The character building is incredible.

-Back to the Future: The Game: Pretty good story, but really easy.

-Heroes of Might and Magic 2 + POL expansion, all campaigns: I've been working on this one for a long time. I'm not sure which one I like more, HOMM2 or HOMM3, but I definitely prefer the cartoonier artwork of 2.

-Avernum 1: I used to play the shareware versions of exile back in the day, so I had to give this a try. It was good overall, but I had a hard time keeping track of quests (I heard this is resolved in later installments).

-Lands of Lore 1: I played through as Kieran. The game really has a lot of charm and the graphics have aged pretty well. My only problem with it was that you can't tell how much damage your ranged weapon is doing and that at one point in the game you are pretty much screwed against certain types of enemies if you don't have something with you.

Warlords Battlecry 1: Decent enough, but it was kind of buggy. The sequels are way better.

Colonization: Finally beat this game on Conquistador with the Dutch. It took a lot of restarts to learn this game, but it's pretty amazing. Definitely gonna go back to it again some time.

Eschalon: Book 1: Pretty fun and at times difficult game. I went with a wizard/unarmed combat/stealth build that worked pretty well.

Blackwell Bundle: Great set of adventure games! I can't wait for Epiphany to come out. It's the reason I'm back into playing adventure games recently... on to Broken Sword next.
Post edited September 01, 2013 by Jasioar
Organ Trail: Director's Cut

Had a surprising amount of fun on this first playthrough on Normal difficulty, doubtless I'll be back.
[Eeeh,., just Anachronox.
Then some Darkmod FMs + Primorida Demo, but that´´s all.
Post edited July 16, 2013 by Tarhiel
I haven't posted in a while, but this is what I can remember completing in the past few weeks.

System Shock 2. I was really looking forward to this game based on everything I've read about it. Unfortunately, I was rather disappointed. Make no mistake, I did enjoy it to some extent, but in the end, it was just "meh." I didn't find the plot to be all that engaging, the gameplay wasn't very satisfying, and I didn't like the role-playing system. It just didn't work that well and, as has been noted many times, it's horribly imbalanced at the game's start. So not the worst game I've ever played, but it is far, far from being the best.

Thief GOLD. I had high expectations for this game, too, but I knew from experience to temper those expectations somewhat so as not to be thoroughly disappointed. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed the game a lot. It has a lot of flaws and some of the most annoying missions in any game I've ever played, but in the end, it's a game I'll play again in the future.

Thief II. A good step above it's predecessor, Thief II still has a few problems that made the game more annoying than it could have been. Again though, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Thief: Deadly Shadows. Much, much better than the first two. I realize that's purely opinion, but it's how I feel. It has a few flaws, but the gameplay and the story were more than enough to overcome them. Plus, it has an incredible level near the game's end.

Bioshock: Infinite. I don't even know what to say. I don't want to gush, so I'll keep myself in check. But holy goodness this is the most incredible game I have ever played. Ever. Excellent, challenging gameplay, beautiful graphics and aesthetics, and one of the best plots, if not the best plot, in any game I've ever played, as well as an excellent and useful side kick with an awesome character. Oh, and the game has a great soundtrack.

I gushed a bit, didn't I?