It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Freedom Fall

An excellent platformer with beautiful graphics and a great story with an innovating way of telling it.
kalirion: Freedom Fall

An excellent platformer with beautiful graphics and a great story with an innovating way of telling it.
I assume it's not a very long game?
Well, as far as 2013 goes, I have completed a few games already. I am a very slow paced gamer, I like to take my time exploring the game and get the most out of them. Playing always on a harder difficulty setting and trying to get as full completion as possible. Let's see:

Bioshock: Infinite
I would say, great presentation, one of a kind world design, great story that will stay in your head for a long time after completing the game, making you think about various story-related nuances a long time after completion. Fairly average gameplay with average and quite limited modern-day mechanics, which where slightly disappointing for me. Good game overall, took me quite suprising amount of time to complete on hard (I was exploring way too much :P). The game wasn't all that hard for the most part (there where some battles where the difficulty level went through the roof though). I didn't go back for 1999 mode and all collectibles.

Metro: Last Light
Finished this game last week or so. Amazing visuals combined with good and fun gameplay. Atmospheric and immersive experience with a lot of small mechanics at player's disposal that increases their immersion even more. It can be sometimes terrifying for some players, though, as a fan of horror games, I didn't found this game to be scary. Great sequel to one of my favorite games, Metro 2033 with slightly bittersweet ending that left me wanting a bit more out of it. Played on Normal Hardcore mode, with no crosshair or subtitles (anything that may obscure the amazing looking world). Gotta go back and grab rest (6 left) of the collectibles.

Sleeping Dogs
Just a great open world game. Nice story, nice gameplay. Playing a grab and bone-breaking oriented character for the first half of the game was a ton of fun. Finished it in the early 2013. Got 100% completion and enjoyed every single precent of it.

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition
I've played a lot of this game back in the day (on a old PC, on my PSX). Some time ago, I've got it from GOG and played it all till the end. Such a great, simple and addictive bag of fun first person awesomeness.

GameBiz 2, GameBiz 3
Went through GameBiz 2 for the third time overall, this time becoming the master or racing simulation genre. Decided to give the GameBiz 3 a try, that finished in... me being crushed later on in the game in my first run... and me steamrolling through everything in my second run.

Forza Horizon
As I was waiting for a new PC, my brother given my his X360, so I've decided to get this game a go. It's quite fun actually, when you disable every singe driving assist, set the difficulty harder, set the cockpit view and rock on to the rock radio as you drive around like a madman. Completed it 100% in singleplayer, I didn't have time and will to play this game online and my Xbox Live Gold thingy has expired back in 2011 anyway :P

Overall, I'm continuing playing Dark Souls (currently having a break), Borderlands 2 (got bored of it, maybe I will finish it some day), waiting for GRID2 to be cheaper (probably the next game I will play through), left Skyrim behind and started Daggerfall. Having a long break from Planetside 2 and Mechwarrior Online, getting psyhed for buying Unepic and starting another run in King of Dragon Pass (this will be my third attempt actually). That should be it.

Year 2013 was very decent so far for me.
Post edited June 24, 2013 by defosh369
kalirion: Freedom Fall

Austrobogulator: I assume it's not a very long game?
Yeah, it's pretty short. But you can replay levels to attempt to get a higher score and rank in them. You get up to three "gears" you can earn for each level - one for the number of parts you collect, one for time and one for low death count.

Also I hear leaderboards might be coming in the future.
Finished 2 games today:

1. Defender's Quest
An average tower defense game with some rpg elements that was not particularly hard. Kinda boring, especially if you didn't use the 4x speed. Not really worth the 15 bucks it's asking.

2. Overlord II
The sequel is a case of more of the same, so if you didn't like the first Overlord, you won't like this. Having said that, the game is worse than the first. The grinding for the pink crystals, the hidden dark crystals which are necessary to power up your minions, the long stealth sections and some accursed enemies that refuse to die (like the legionnaires when they are in formation) certainly make this a worse experience. And to rub insult to the injury, I went for the Domination path and I didn't get the Domination ending thanks to a damn bug! Grrrrr.....
All in all it was a nice game, but not one I would like to replay.

Full List
Post edited June 24, 2013 by Grargar
Some games finished in the past days

38. Deadlight (7.5/10) - Nice platformer, same old zombie story...
39. Homefront (7/10) - Usually I don't like game like this, but I wasn't able to say no to a (deluxe?)retail-steamworks copy at 5 dollars. Only played single player. Decent.
40. Alan Wake American Nightmare (7/10) - I don't know. I've loved Alan Wake, but this is some sort of dlc not so good.
41. Hotline Miami (8/10) - Nice top down shooter indie game, nice story, widely replayable
42. Faerie Solitarie (7/10) - A good cards game to play in the break from a game to another

5-10 hours needed to beat every one of this five games

complete list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post568
12.02. - Wolfenstein 3D (1992) 4.5/10
21.03. - Spear of Destiny (1992) 4/10
14.05. - Dangerous Dave (1990) 2/10
13.06. - Beneath a Steel Sky (1994) 7/10
24.06. - Lure of the Temptress (1992) 3/10
04.07. - Tyrian 2000 (1999) 5/10
06.07. - Warsow (2012) 8/10
27.07. - Dota 2 (2013) 8/10
01.09. - League of Legends (2009) 6/10
29.10. - System Shock (1994) 7/10
31.10. - Dink Smallwood (1999) 4/10
Post edited November 13, 2013 by Venser
Venser: 12.02. - Wolfenstein 3D (1992) 4.5/10
21.03. - Spear of Destiny (1992) 4/10
14.05. - Dangerous Dave (1990) 2/10
13.06. - Beneath a Steel Sky (1994) 7/10
24.06. - Lure of the Temptress (1992) 3/10
Looks like your not having much luck with good fun games this year so far.
Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post118
Austrobogulator: I assume it's not a very long game?
kalirion: Yeah, it's pretty short. But you can replay levels to attempt to get a higher score and rank in them. You get up to three "gears" you can earn for each level - one for the number of parts you collect, one for time and one for low death count.

Also I hear leaderboards might be coming in the future.
:D Thanks for the recommendation. I got it from the Groupees bundle, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
i just finished Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.
I just finished "Of Orcs and Men." I really enjoyed this console ARPG in its PC form with a gamepad. It has nice visuals, sound and music as well as a very good story with likable dual protagonists, both of whom you control throughout the adventure. The combat system which goes into slow motion when you hit a button to begin selecting up to 4 attacks or abilities and returns to normal speed when you are done is fluid, involving and fun. Switching between the characters in combat is a breeze. The streamlined UI is a pleasure to use with a gamepad. The game is very light on loot but your characters are always progressing via level ups with new skills and abilities as well as loot you acquire from chests and defeated enemies. You sometimes also get loot from merchants who can (and you'll always want to do this) upgrade your armor and weapons. The game is not about constant looting of stuff though. It is about two great characters on a quest with a good story with fun combat along the way. The Orc Arkail, is a warrior and the Goblin, Styx is a rogue who is a lot of fun to use for his stealth abilities at times. I found it best to develop Arkail as a tank and Styx as melee DPS but you can give focus to DPS on Arkail and ranged DPS on Styx if you prefer. I give it a 8 out of 10 and feel the game was underrated by professional reviews and some PC gamers alike who I think didn't give it a fair chance based on it not being a "PC game" but rather a console game ported to PC. It is a good solid port. I experienced no problems with it. Steam tells me I played it for 29 hours but subtracting out snacks, etc. I think it was probably more like 25 or 26 hours roughly and I took all side quests and checked everywhere for chests as I went along.
Post edited June 26, 2013 by dirtyharry50
Finished Tradewinds 2 for Android. An enjoyable updated take on the old computer game Taipan with a quirky sense of humor. It's easy to get in a hole financially and not be able to recover with the cost of repairs and special ammo.

Full list here.
Post edited June 26, 2013 by Syme
Finished Unepic. The game was great, the writing less so. The ending could've been ok, but they decided to throw in a last joke and it ruined my mood. I can't tell if the writers were trying too hard or if they're just the kind of people I wouldn't get along with.

So, I had a lot of fun with the game. I really didn't enjoy the jokes, especially the last one.
Alien Colonial Marines
Far Cry 3
Crysis 3
Metro Last Light
BioShock Infinite
Dishonored
Duke Nukem 3D
Fallout