It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just finished Super Star Wars Return of the Jedi.
Wrapped up Crysis last night. I quite enjoyed the initial portion of the game that allowed you to be stealthy and avoid detection, but once you went into the alien ship, the game quickly became dull and linear. All the freedom the game granted you at first was taken away. The only way I can see myself replaying this is to play the levels prior to entering the Core.

So far:
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Base)
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Mass Effect 1
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect 2
Crysis
dutchexcalibur: Wrapped up Crysis last night. I quite enjoyed the initial portion of the game that allowed you to be stealthy and avoid detection, but once you went into the alien ship, the game quickly became dull and linear. All the freedom the game granted you at first was taken away.
Sounds like my frustration with most games. Teach gamer how to deal with this situation... then give mobs that are immune to what we just taught them to do. Progression isn't inherently bad... but I loathe devs that use it as a "gotcha".
Just finished You Are EMPTY
Good solid shooter, the constant walking pace is a bit odd and end of level bosses would have been nice but good atmospheric shooter from Russia, really interesting perspective to be playing a Ruskie rather than a Yank for once
Excellent art style on the cut scenes good engine, the start was very '28 days later but in Russia' though
Not spoilers but you are NOT a zombie or in any way affected yourself (from the title and slow movement pace and lack of mirrors I wondered but no) and at the end you seem to be given a choice of 2 ending but you don't there is only one choice you can make, before you spend ages trying to work out how to see the 'other ending'

Full list:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post107
Finished Arkham's Assylum.

What a wonderful game that they nearly ruined with the combat. Wasn't impossible, but was frustratingly buggy, and they followed my least favorite tripe in gaming where every encounter has to be tougher than the one before it.

On the positive, SOME of the combat was fun, and the exploration (secret finding) was very, very fun. If it weren't for constantly trying to overcome all the tools they provide, this was close to having some nice stealth elements... which is always good ;)

Good enough overall, I'll be getting the next one.
29 06 13
Gothic 2.
great game
hucklebarry:
yeah, Arkham Asylum combat system was not so optimized (Arkham City is far more better in this), but nothing impossible, trust me ;)

zer00o: 29 06 13
Gothic 2.
great game
yes... awesome game :D
Beat Eschalon: Book I the other day, and beat Ys I Chronicles+ earlier today.
Tomb Raider Legend

Very good game ! We can find the classic gameplay of Tomb Raider series, nice boss, good story, pleasant graphics, beautiful environments. I enjoyed the trip !
I've finished too many games this month...(or wrote too much about them); there's no room for anymore reviews on my July list. So, here's July list #2. The July list #1 is here.

July 20th: Pirates of Black Cove. There haven't been many good pirate games for quite a while, at least to my knowledge. I guess the last good one was Sid Meier's Pirates! from 2004. I began playing this game, expecting fierce sea battles and tactical land ops. But, the game was mind numbingly boring and easy! The first ~four hours were the worst, because it took ages to get anywhere on the sea. Sea battles are laughable; it's like being on a merry-go-round, doing 360s with the opponent until either one dies. The ships handle like motorboats, and the Caribbean sea in this game is the calmest ever, because there is absolutely no wind anywhere, ever. Once my ship was upgraded to be a bit better (and most of all, faster!), there was still the problem of land missions, because the overall slowness of everything is especially evident here. The pirates take their sweet time, and sometimes it's not enough to walk to the end of the map and complete a task: you were often forced to watch them slowly waddle back to their ship, even when there's not even enemies left in the way! The AI is terrible: the ships are constantly crashing into each other, and this was especially funny during the last sea battle: You're up against the most feared, professional fleet in the entire Caribbean...and they look like a bunch of drunken jackasses, bumping into each other and firing at their allies all the time. Plus the final mission (like the whole game pretty much) was a complete cakewalk - I didn't lost a single unit in that mission. The game also tries to be funny, but fails miserably: the pirate jokes found on the sea ARRRR really forced and bad. The soundtrack consists of maybe three songs, and they all suck. The voice acting is decent though, except for my character who had a very annoying lisp. Overall: an interesting newcomer on paper, but compared to, for example, Pirates, it fails in every aspect. I'm not gonna say I didn't have ANY fun with this, but it could've been tons better.

July 21th: Waking Mars. Yeaaaaah...I didn't like this game at all. In fact, I hated everything about it. The first warning light flicked on when cutscenes would interrupt the gameplay CONSTANTLY. By constantly I mean ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Like every three or four steps, either ART, the besserwisser AI robot, or Amani, the...black woman, would say "Hello, it's me again, :<" and calculate percentage of alkaline particles hovering in the air or some shit, I don't know and I don't care!! Amani started off as a bit cute with her subtle flirtatious behavior, but DAMN, this girl keeps calling me more often than those overweight, low-esteemed, socially awkward girls you run into in bars! What was cute became very, very annoying, very very fast. Look miss, I don't care about your pseudo-scientific babble, I'm here to explore the caves and plants: so shut the fuck up, would ya? The second warning light went on when the objectives started to become a lot more vague compared to the previous "find an exit" type of objectives. "Find more evidence of sentient life". Okay...how do I do that? Where do I find it? Could you at least point me in the general direction? ...No? Well, fine then. I also didn't particularly fancy the graphics style, especially the animations which always seemed to miss a couple of frames; the sound would sometimes go haywire and start making a weird machine gun sound; and the gameplay was sometimes infuriating because the plants either kept dying or their seeds got stolen. Now, I understand some people like this game, but it just wasn't my cup of tea AT ALL, and therefor it rocketed its way with maximum speed to my current Bottom 3 of Games Finished This Year, being only barely better than Waxworks and Ghost Master. I only collected the minimum amount of Core Power and got only one of the endings out of possible three, I believe, but it will be a cold day in Hell before I ever touch this game again.

July 22th: DBTL - Down by the Laituri. This is a Finnish freeware from 1997, in which your task is to plan the DBTL music festival in Turku, Finland and hopefully make some profit. I remember playing this when I was a kid, so while the game is pretty simple and doesn't hold much replay value, it was still very fun to go down the memory lane, planning which artists to assign to which place since I didn't remember the best strategies beforehand anymore. I also captured video footage and made a Let's Play of the session too. In the end. I made a profit of about 150k Finnish Marks on Hard difficulty, which is roughly 25k in Euros (not taking inflation into account). Don't know if it's particularly that great (probably not), but hey, at least we made a profit instead of debt.

The August list is here.
Post edited August 02, 2013 by DProject
Just finished the amazing platformer FLY'N.
Anyone who likes platfomers, or just wants to play a high quality game should definitely get this. It's more of a pure platformer like Giana Sisters, but is a much deeper game. High polish, an amazing soundtrack, aesthetically beautiful, and some absolutely brilliant level design. High quality all the way around. Including the bonus levels, the game took me 21 hours to beat.
Post edited July 20, 2013 by Thiefer
Thiefer: Just finished the amazing platformer FLY'N.
Anyone who likes platfomers, or just wants to play a high quality game should definitely get this. It's more of a pure platformer like Giana Sisters, but is a much deeper game. High polish, an amazing soundtrack, aesthetically beautiful, and some absolutely brilliant level design. High quality all the way around. Including the bonus levels, the game took me 21 hours to beat.
I watched a Let's Play for a while, and it indeed looks pretty interesting. Really did remind me of Giana Sisters, with gameplay and music which both seemed awesome. Might pick this up later, thanks!
I just finished the reboot of Tomb Raider.

It was my first playthrough but I found 100% of the items and got ~90% of the single player archivements.
The whole adventure took 22 hours, which is quite good for a modern action game.
The game had great action and enough space to explore a bit, even if it was mostly very easy.

At the time of writing the game is 75% off on Steam for the next 17 3/4 hours.
It costs 12,49€ and is definitly worth its money.

I also updated my list.
Post edited July 21, 2013 by Dotur
I just finished Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1 launch of the Screaming Narwhal.
My full list.
Post edited July 22, 2013 by megarock58
I just completed the campaign in FEAR 3. It sort wraps up the story and out of the three FEAR games and the two expansions, the original FEAR was my favorite.