It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Austrobogulator: Does it do that whole "You are leaving the combat zone" when you walk a few steps away from where you're supposed to be?
I haven't encountered that but most of the time you're running through narrow corridors anyway.
Austrobogulator: Does it do that whole "You are leaving the combat zone" when you walk a few steps away from where you're supposed to be?
Dotur: I haven't encountered that but most of the time you're running through narrow corridors anyway.
For me, corridors are okay, because that makes sense - you can't walk through a wall, so you can't progress that way. On the other hand, wandering around an open-looking environment only to have "YOU ARE LEAVING THE COMBAT ZONE" pop up at some arbitrary point is a huge affront to me.
Dotur: I haven't encountered that but most of the time you're running through narrow corridors anyway.
Austrobogulator: For me, corridors are okay, because that makes sense - you can't walk through a wall, so you can't progress that way. On the other hand, wandering around an open-looking environment only to have "YOU ARE LEAVING THE COMBAT ZONE" pop up at some arbitrary point is a huge affront to me.
I didn't mean literal corridors, even if there are some of them.
What I was trying to say was, most of the time something (walls, debris, mountains, trees, invisible walls) is blocking the way on both sides, like a corridor.
For example: There are two trees and it looks like you could walk between them but an invisible wall blocks your path. Or if there is a small cliff and you want to drop down to use a shortcut, most of the time it's impossible because the invisible walls won't let you pass.
Finished:

Potato man and the Search for the Troof - a surreal, trippy and amusing game, but very short indeed, although it does have its fair share of tough moments. The ending is practically non-existent too. I liked the game but my god I'm glad I didn't pay much for it (got it in some bundle or other).

Totally Tiny Arcade - completed on my first go and never want to play again. Not because it was bad but because it just dragged on and on and wasn't even difficult. A nice bit of nostalgia I'll admit, but only when you recongise the games it's mimicking.

Dishonoured - loved it.
In the past month and a half I finished the following,

Warlords Battlecry 1 - Decent enough, but it was kind of buggy. The sequels are way better.

Colonization - Finally beat this game on Conquistador with the Dutch. It took a lot of restarts to learn this game, but it's pretty amazing. Definitely gonna go back to it again some time.

And I just beat Eschalon: Book 1 - Pretty fun and at times difficult game. I went with a wizard/unarmed combat/stealth build that worked pretty well.

The rest of my list is here
Finished Colonization. I had to restart a few times before I get the grasp of the game (although I played a loooong time ago when it was released). I had chosen easy difficulty and the English. Final score: 26%. Now that I beat the game, I could do better but I have other games to play.

So far this year:
- Alone in the Dark 3
- Amnesia Fortnight Prototypes
- Blackwell Convergence
- Blackwell Unbound
- Brutal Legend
- Cognition Episode 1
- Colonization
- Deadlight
- DLC Quest + Live Freemium or Die
- Host Master and the Conquest of Humor
- Host Master Deux: Quest for Identity
- I Am Alive
- Karateka
- Law & Order Legacies
- Lucy & Lola's Big Adventure
- Nelly Cootalot
- Offspring Fling
- Red Faction: Guerilla
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Syndicate
- The Blackwell Legacy
- The Cave
- The Darkness II
- The Experiment (Experience 112)
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days
JMich: 22/08/2013: Assassin's Creed: Revelations: More AC goodness, though this did seem to drag on a bit more. And it ended on a cliffhanger (again). Now to see if ACIII is as bad as they say.

Full list here
Its not so much that ACIII is bad, as it is the fact that Desmond's Ending is beyond horrible & that you could make a cardboard cutout of Ezio & it would still have more personality than Connor. As far as the technical aspects of the game, it is actually pretty good. I do find the chain kills far more satisfying (READ: Easier) in Brotherhood & Revelations & I find the hidden blades to be damn near worthless in this one... other than that though, the combat is pretty good by comparison.
Post edited August 29, 2013 by Roberttitus
Just finished Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time on my 3DS (although it's a DS game), in around 19h. Last time I gave up at the final boss, but this time I managed to beat it fair and square!

That's a very nice game, and that was 19h without any boring moments! I hope the next installment (Inside Bowser Story, if I'm not mistaken) will be as fun as this one. I should know soon, because that's what I'm going to start to play tomorrow in the subway... ^_^

So far in 2013: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
xa_chan: Just finished Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time on my 3DS (although it's a DS game), in around 19h. Last time I gave up at the final boss, but this time I managed to beat it fair and square!

That's a very nice game, and that was 19h without any boring moments! I hope the next installment (Inside Bowser Story, if I'm not mistaken) will be as fun as this one. I should know soon, because that's what I'm going to start to play tomorrow in the subway... ^_^

IMO, Bowser's inside Story is many times better than Partners In Time.
Post edited August 29, 2013 by Austrobogulator
xa_chan: Just finished Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time on my 3DS (although it's a DS game), in around 19h. Last time I gave up at the final boss, but this time I managed to beat it fair and square!

Austrobogulator: IMO, Bowser's inside Story is many times better than Partners In Time.
I remember having tried it on the DS of a friend, seemed very good indeed. Seemed much longer, too.
Just finished Thomas Was Alone.
Elevated to brilliance by the absolutely fantastic narration. I laughed and laughed, and felt sad, and happy, and laughed some more. Nice soundtrack too.
Post edited August 29, 2013 by Thiefer
Dwarf Quest i must say that is the shortest game i've ever played.
Thiefer: Just finished Thomas Was Alone.
Elevated to brilliance by the absolutely fantastic narration. I laughed and laughed, and felt sad, and happy, and laughed some more. Nice soundtrack too.
Just finished it as well; I felt the same way. Although, some of the gameplay was not great; a bunch of glitches (getting stuck on walls, for example), some very repetitive sections, hard to tell which character you're switching to - particularly in the later levels.

Anyway, I still really enjoyed it - I really loved the narration and the music.
Finished tonight Bioshock: Infinite (PC).

Added it to my list of finished games in 2013:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post44
Just finished Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack. Damn, the middle to almost the end portion of the game is just ridiculously hard but impossible :D