It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I sse several people have had problems with both mouse and general input lag, but generally from some months past. Have anyone else got problems with the 2.1 patch? I just picked up TW2 again after beeing very occupied with work and studies for a while, and it seems to me this is even worse than i remembered it.

The mopuse is so sluggish it's ridicoulus. It is impossible to finish the arm wrestling quest in the first village - it's even hard to select the amount to bet or hit the OK-button.. I have disabled Mouse smoothness and smoothness in user.ini, I have disabled the better precision-option in windows control panel, I have pretty much tried anything.

I have problem with the keyboard input as well. Something as simple as using the medallion often takes two keypresses to register, and I have to keep it pressed for longer than a normal keypress to register at all. On top of that, Gerald sheats his swords at will, which is not very practical. I can just forget about casting speels at a speciic enemy, I'm happy iof it hits somebody at all. Battling anyone is thus a complete nightmare, and to sum it up, the game simply isn't playable in this state

It is so bad I feel pretty certain I would have remembered it if it was lkike this when I started playing a month or so ago, so I'm seriously concidering this might be a regression. So are there any other out there with the same impression?

Btw. my system isn't very new and beefy with a C2D@2,9GHz, 3GB RAM and a GTX 460 @ 875/1750 clock, but it is well above the minimum requirement for CPU and well above the recommended for GPU. This computer runs BF3 in 1680x1050 resolution with most settings on high, same for Skyrim, and Batman AC also runs great.

I get that the game uses a virtual mouse and so it will never be perfect mouse-control-wise, which in most peoples opnion seem to be pretty f-ed up in a made-for-PC game, but I can't imagine it is meant to reult in such a horrible gaming experience. Right now I just wish it wasn't too late for a refund, because there is no way I will get anything but frustration out of this game the way it runs now.
All of a sudden I am getting the following message when I attempt to start TW2.

Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\The Witcher 2\Launcher.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Has anyone seen this error? Is there a fix?
macran: All of a sudden I am getting the following message when I attempt to start TW2.

Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\The Witcher 2\Launcher.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Has anyone seen this error? Is there a fix?
I have the same problem, someone know how to fix this??

Edit: nevermind the patch 2.1 solved the problem somehow :P
Post edited March 29, 2012 by Ureshi
gert: I sse several people have had problems with both mouse and general input lag, but generally from some months past. Have anyone else got problems with the 2.1 patch? I just picked up TW2 again after beeing very occupied with work and studies for a while, and it seems to me this is even worse than i remembered it.

The mopuse is so sluggish it's ridicoulus. It is impossible to finish the arm wrestling quest in the first village - it's even hard to select the amount to bet or hit the OK-button.. I have disabled Mouse smoothness and smoothness in user.ini, I have disabled the better precision-option in windows control panel, I have pretty much tried anything.

I have problem with the keyboard input as well. Something as simple as using the medallion often takes two keypresses to register, and I have to keep it pressed for longer than a normal keypress to register at all. On top of that, Gerald sheats his swords at will, which is not very practical. I can just forget about casting speels at a speciic enemy, I'm happy iof it hits somebody at all. Battling anyone is thus a complete nightmare, and to sum it up, the game simply isn't playable in this state

It is so bad I feel pretty certain I would have remembered it if it was lkike this when I started playing a month or so ago, so I'm seriously concidering this might be a regression. So are there any other out there with the same impression?

Btw. my system isn't very new and beefy with a C2D@2,9GHz, 3GB RAM and a GTX 460 @ 875/1750 clock, but it is well above the minimum requirement for CPU and well above the recommended for GPU. This computer runs BF3 in 1680x1050 resolution with most settings on high, same for Skyrim, and Batman AC also runs great.

I get that the game uses a virtual mouse and so it will never be perfect mouse-control-wise, which in most peoples opnion seem to be pretty f-ed up in a made-for-PC game, but I can't imagine it is meant to reult in such a horrible gaming experience. Right now I just wish it wasn't too late for a refund, because there is no way I will get anything but frustration out of this game the way it runs now.
I couldn't agree more.

I also picked up TW2 again to play the extended version and after a long download and installation i was remembered why i havent even finished the normal game back then. The lack of hardware cursor support (mouselag) is just unbearable. Completely ruins the game for me. And its a great game besides that.

Don't understand why CDP doesn't adress this... :(
Post edited May 01, 2012 by Hatman
I'm getting that ridiculous music/sound glitch after attacking loredo's residence and it doesn't seem to fix itself no matter what I do. When I did give iorveth sword/rothe path it happens. Yet when I did attack iorveth/roche path, my audio was fine. Would it be from that?

p.s. i'll do a reinstall and see what happens of course.
p.p.s that did the trick. Carry on fellows. Can't help but feel this is a rather silly bug.
Post edited May 25, 2012 by vaari
UK_John: Witcher 2 2.0 patch
Tutorial
Arena
Level up

Game does not recognise that you have allocated the attributes when levelling up. Therefore the game breaks as the message "level up instructions" does not go away, stopping you from continuing the tutorial.
I have the same problem. I tried restarting and I tried leveling up different skills and the problem still persists. The game is stuck at the 'press c to spend all talent points' instruction. The game also mentioned something about mutagens before, but I can't use any, because I don't have any (there was none in the chest and there are no enemy bodies to loot).
Another thing I noticed: when meditating before entering the arena, the screen shows that Geralt is level one. After the fights when leveling up, the level is shown as 8, but one has only one talent point to spend. Perhaps that is the problem? That the game expects you to spend several talent points when you have only one?

Well, whatever the problem is, please fix it!
I ran into this, but after some head scratching I realized the game wanted me to assign an unused mutagen.

UK_John: Witcher 2 2.0 patch
Tutorial
Arena
Level up

Game does not recognise that you have allocated the attributes when levelling up. Therefore the game breaks as the message "level up instructions" does not go away, stopping you from continuing the tutorial.
Lifthrasil: I have the same problem. I tried restarting and I tried leveling up different skills and the problem still persists. The game is stuck at the 'press c to spend all talent points' instruction. The game also mentioned something about mutagens before, but I can't use any, because I don't have any (there was none in the chest and there are no enemy bodies to loot).
Another thing I noticed: when meditating before entering the arena, the screen shows that Geralt is level one. After the fights when leveling up, the level is shown as 8, but one has only one talent point to spend. Perhaps that is the problem? That the game expects you to spend several talent points when you have only one?

Yes. Only I don't have a mutagen at this point of the tutorial. So I can't assign one!

bitbutcher: I ran into this, but after some head scratching I realized the game wanted me to assign an unused mutagen.

Lifthrasil: I have the same problem. I tried restarting and I tried leveling up different skills and the problem still persists. The game is stuck at the 'press c to spend all talent points' instruction. The game also mentioned something about mutagens before, but I can't use any, because I don't have any (there was none in the chest and there are no enemy bodies to loot).

bitbutcher:
I'd just like to know if the latest version of the enhanced edition still has the bugs mentioned here, any idea? I'm seeing the game is at 3.0.1 and just bought it, curious to know if the bugs were ironed out or if there is a fan-made patch to address them.
gordonfreeman1: I'd just like to know if the latest version of the enhanced edition still has the bugs mentioned here, any idea? I'm seeing the game is at 3.0.1 and just bought it, curious to know if the bugs were ironed out or if there is a fan-made patch to address them.
Far as I know most bugs have been ironed out . There will be a couple of patches after the EE . After the latest patch your Witcher2 exe should be at version 3.2.2.0
gordonfreeman1: I'd just like to know if the latest version of the enhanced edition still has the bugs mentioned here, any idea? I'm seeing the game is at 3.0.1 and just bought it, curious to know if the bugs were ironed out or if there is a fan-made patch to address them.
tommy5761: Far as I know most bugs have been ironed out . There will be a couple of patches after the EE . After the latest patch your Witcher2 exe should be at version 3.2.2.0
Thanks for the info tommy5761, appreciate it! :)
I would love to play through this game but it is just an unplayable mess. The games used to work ok with only a few crashes but when I started patching it the lag that is now through out the game, even with all settings on low, just ruins it.
I have now downloaded the latest patch and cannot even start the game now. Just keep getting the Wont Start Correctly message from the launcher.
Does anyone know how to get this game working at all. Im well above the minimum specs to play it.
Hello, I am new to the forum so... hello :P .

I came across a rather irritating bug that caused a lot of trouble to my game.

Here goes the description

Target cursor disappears
Problem: The target cursor disappears and, as a result, the health and the additional information regarding aiming at an enemy are not accessible (ie riposte sign etc). Additionally, the quest regarding the hospital for the mentally ill cannot be completed due to this targeting issue.
Procedure: In ATI systems (as I believe it is an ATI problem), go to the forest and find an endregar (the spiders). You will probably not be able to aim at it no matter what. My system consists of 3x5850, running 13.1 CCC and 13.2 CAPS.
Workaround: I found a workaround, mentioned in some fora all around the web, BUT it is not very appealing. You need to change the default ATI crossfire profile from Witcher 2 to another game (like Dirt 3) OR enable... ubersampling. The former one is irrational, as crossfire has nothing to do with the issue (I tested the game with the crossfire disabled), while the latter one kills the frame rate. Even in my rig, I am unable to achieve fluent gameplay with everything maxed out (including ubersampling), while I achieve constant 60+ frame rate with everything maxed out, excluding ubersampling.
Savegame: Anywhere near Flotsam is fine, so no savegame is needed.
Thread: There is a topic on this forum and one on the official forum for the game regarding this bug. I cannot post links because the board does not let me (dunno why).
Status: Not in my knowledge. I contacted CD Projekt for clarification, hopefully I'll get a reply.

Hope I am not duplicating another topic (I told you I am new). I would appreciate any proper fix to this problem, since changing the crossfire profile has an impact on the framerate. Even though it is not a sincere impact, it is a nuisance to experience stuttering on such a game which your system is capable of running perfectly. Previous to changing the profile, I did never see a frame drop.

Well, that's all, I would be happy to know if anyone has any leads to a fix :) .
Hallo i`ve been playing the Witcher 2 since two days and i have the problem, that the game kicks me to the desktop and i don`t know why.
I have searched in so many forums and there are many people with the same problem, but nobody knows really what to do.
hello I just bought the game yesterday. despite the extremely horrible lags I got I can't go backmards nor rightwords in the game so I keep beeing killed by the dragon at the beginning. anybody can help ?