It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

... solved my problem ... ;)
Post edited July 13, 2021 by lllll_G_lllll
I have the "hair twitching like crazy" issue but I have only one GPU so this is not caused by SLI or Crossfire...

Ah, I found the solution in another topic here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/hair_twitching_when_conversing_with_characters_abigail_the_reverend_no_multiple_gpu

Since you took part in that topic as well, why didn't you update this fixes to common problems topic to say:
"Enable V-Sync in your GPU control panel"?

I mean, the only answer that you give here is: "Disable SLI or Crossfire", but many players answered that they have only one GPU so that doesn't help, the answer who actually helps is: "Enable V-Sync in your GPU control panel".
Post edited February 02, 2022 by MaximeMartyr
Guess I'll Necro and say that I still have problems with frequent crashes. It runs fine for about 15-40 minutes then the Graphics Glitch out (Scan-lines and Disappearing Hud), the sound keeps playing for about a minute, then it Crashes. I have tried all the things described, and still I have gotten no results. Playing on Windows 11, using Intel UHD 730 ( Using a hardware monitor, I can determine that the integrated graphics never reached 100% usage, so it might not be that.)
Application failed to start correctly. Error 0xc000007b

I wanted to play this game again on my new 12th GEN Intel running windows 11. So I downloaded GOG and The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I immediately received the error above the game failed to launch. I found many posts concerning installing DirectX 9 and all the Virtual C++ versions and so I did that. However, nothing fixed my issue.

Finally, after looking at the DirectX files in the /windows/system32 and /windows/sysWOW64 folder, I notices some of the files were still showing a date of 2022.

So I
1) Deleted d3dx9_35.dll, and d3dx9_43.dll from both folders.
2) Followed the directions from GOG Support.
a) Download DX9
b) Run the download to expand the install files to a temporary folder.
c) Right click DXSETUP.exe and run as Administrator.

Ultimately you have to delete the system32 and sysWOW64 files first, then run DXSETUP.exe as administrator to get this fix to work.
MaximeMartyr: I have the "hair twitching like crazy" issue, but I have only one GPU so this is not caused by SLI or Crossfire...

Since you took part in that topic as well, why didn't you update this fixes to common problems topic to say:
"Enable V-Sync in your GPU control panel"
I'd just like to add, enabling V-Sync in the Nvidia control panel does stop the hair and beard twitching in Chapters 1 & 4, but causes Triss' hair to glitch in the starting scene of Chapter 3.
So I enable v-sync when beginning the game, and disable v-sync once I'm in the mages tower, before going out to face Javed.
Then re-enable it in Chapter 4 before speaking to Abigail.
Post edited September 16, 2022 by olnorton
Hi! I boght a witcher enchanted edition dvd and i will download a virtual version. This page need a cd-key. i wrote. Situation 7.99. I have alredy bought it.
I give a cd-key, & wait a virtual versin a witcher enchanted edition. This page wote 7.99.
I have already bought it.
?
naraku666: I give a cd-key, & wait a virtual versin a witcher enchanted edition. This page wote 7.99.
I have already bought it.
?
Is this the page where you entered your code?
https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup
Hello, I'm not sure I can post here but I try anyway.

Until now I played the game with my radeon vega 11 integrated graphics and the game was fine. Now i upgraded to a radeon rx 6600 and the game gives me problems.

In particular the loadings to start the game and to new areas are very slow, accompanied by weird audio glitches. Plus the cursor seems to have changed colour, normally was bronze now it is white.

I tried changing the resoulution or run window mode.

Also I reinstalled the game and tested it with and without new gpu drivers, but it's the same.

My specs are:

cpu amd ryzen 3400g

gpu amd radeon rx 6600

mb msi b450 pro-m2 max

I installed the game on a ssd.

Has anyone experienced these issues?
Please fix the small font /UI scaling issue for modern high resolutions.