It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DProject: How poor do you have to be, for not being able to afford fucking 6 dollars, and having to resort to stealing instead.
djdarko: Exactly what I was thinking.
Not poor, they enjoy the feeling of power tricking people brings. I don't trade because I'm poor, I trade because I enjoy bartering.
high rated
akhliber: *snip*
So he thinks he is Yoda giving people life lessons and making them streetwise, the thing that concerns me is that this guy is bound to have multiple accounts like theslitherydeee said, and may try to pull this again. Really pathetic attitude, taking advantage of others and then telling them its their own fault for being naive.
Post edited April 20, 2014 by stg83
akhliber: I just received this message from The_maestro27:
"#1: They wont give you extra keys just because you say they were stolen
#2: You sent them as gifts
#3: Selling humble bundle codes is forbidden (Each purchase is intended for use by one individual.)
#4: There's absolutely no way they'll believe you since you sent them as gifts
#5: Learn from your mistakes (same applies to everybody else ;) )
#6: Happy Easter "

Time for some screenshots and I suppose there's no need to wait on reporting him to GOG and HIB support. How sad.
Zurvan7: hahaha either this person is trolling you thinking it's 1 april today or the individual is dumb as hell. Now you can take a screenshot of his message and expose the motherfucker. Some people these days are too desperate to be considered as a member of human society. Scamming people for games...
Yep, just reported him to support with screenshots of our conversation.
akhliber: *snip*
stg83: So he thinks he is Yoda giving people life lessons and making them streetwise, the thing that concerns me is that this guy is bound to have multiple accounts like theslitherydeee said, and may try to pull this again. Really pathetic attitude, taking advantage of others and then telling them its their own fault for being naive.
In the end I didn't lose anything I really valued. At least he didn't make me run a couple of miles while carrying him as part of my training. All the teeth nashing won't change what happened all you can do is move on and try not to let such events poison you to the world.
theslitherydeee: In the end I didn't lose anything I really valued. At least he didn't make me run a couple of miles while carrying him as part of my training. All the teeth nashing won't change what happened all you can do is move on and try not to let such events poison you to the world.
Agreed but I was just worried that we have to be vary all the time and keep an eye out for this kind of exploitation because there is no way to know how many accounts one user has at their disposal. Its good that it wasn't a big loss for you, hopefully now that he has been reported others will take heed from this.
To lighten the mood for a moment, I'd like to give a huge thanks to Momo1991 and alloy627 for being so kind. You've brightened my day. :)
akhliber: To lighten the mood for a moment, I'd like to give a huge thanks to Momo1991 and alloy627 for being so kind. You've brightened my day. :)
Here is something to lighten the mood, I hope we get this game on GOG someday. :P

oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/04/tumblr_ln1esltH1g1qbvx0xo1_500.gif

Copy/paste in browser, apologies for the inconvenience especially if no one finds it funny. :)
Post edited April 20, 2014 by stg83
akhliber: To lighten the mood for a moment, I'd like to give a huge thanks to Momo1991 and alloy627 for being so kind. You've brightened my day. :)
missing the context there :)
Sounds like Wakalo's back in action and using more smart tactics than before. Last time he scammed someone in this thread was around Christmas/ New Year.
He was using a different account which got banned after the victim and myself reported him - I reported him because he PMed me to complain about me making his scamming activity public.

Just keep in mind that even banned accounts can still PM others on this forum.

I've reported this to GOG Support as completely irrational and counter-productive to the ban, but never heard back on the issue.
Seems like a good time to suggest a change on that in the "Let's discuss your experiences with the forum" thread.

EDIT: typo
Post edited April 20, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
djdarko: Hi guys,

I'm sorry to report the user "The_maestro27" should be avoided.

We agreed on a trade:
My Saints Row 2 and Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded Steam keys for a copy of Jade Empire (GOG).

His exact words were "Sounds good. We have a deal then! Buying it!"

I sent him the keys immediately afterwards, and he stopped responding, he hasn't responded in 18+ hours and he's even online now. It has been confirmed by a steam user here that my steam keys are now taken.

I guess I should have been smart enough to only send 1 code first... but I guess I trust people too much.
Shit! I agreed on a trade with The_maestro27 yesterday, i sent him 10 bundle keys (Steam) for Magic Carpet 2 (GOG) and Ultima 8 (GOG) which i never received.

His exacts words after we agreed on the trade: "Alrighty! Ultima 8 and Magic Carpet 2 it is then! Buying!"

So i have been scammed by this scummbag too! AVOID THIS SCAMMER!!

So far i've never had problems trading with GOG members, everyone i traded with has been kind and honest.

It's really sad that even on GOG we now have to watch out for scammers. This is actually the second time i've been scammed in a trade this week... A few days ago a Steam-Member called "Johnny" asked for a trade, i sent him a few bundle keys and he sent me an invalid key in return and immediately kicked me of his friend-list.
Now i can't find him any more (a search for "Johnny" on Steam returns 80.000+ results)...

This is just a bad week for me... *grumble*
Aveweto: missing the context there :)
Ah yes, I wasn't very clear. Momo1991, alloy627 and triock all showed me great kindness today, and it brightened my day. Sucks to know some people feel that have to stoop to the level The_maestro27 did, but the kindness of the majority of folks in this community makes me smile. :)
HypersomniacLive:
Yup - your own post from back then quoting him: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/classifieds/post8928
...also turned up about a month later - the steam profile and "will accept paypal" made it obvious.
To everybody who got scammed I can only say I'm really sad for that, it is a real shame to see this kind of behavior ocurring in this forums, never gone through that so I can't say I share your feelings, but I know how it feels when someone lie to you so that should be aproximate enough.

------------------------------------- Huge Thanks To Rong44 For This! Happy Easter! ----------------------------------------

Interested in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky and Shadow Man from the Toxic Bundle at Bundlestars.com, let me know what you'd like in return.

------------------------------------- Huge Thanks To Rong44 For This! Happy Easter! ----------------------------------------

Interested in Noir Syndrome from the Retro 3 Groupee Bundle at Groupees, let me know if you'd like to make an offer.

http://groupees.com/retro3#

Interested in Europa Universalis III Heir To The Throne and if possible Divine Wind at Bundlestars.com, let me know what you'd like in return.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/europa-universalis-III-bundle/

This is what I have, not much but hopefully someone missed it, feel free to make offers.

Origin:

- Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
- Dead Space 3
- Medal of Honor
- Mirror's Edge
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 – Uprising

Steam:

- ArmA 2
- ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead
- Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
- Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 – Uprising
- UFO: Afterlight
- Alpha Prime
- Fish Fillets 2
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

Others:

- Exoplanet: First Contact Developer Key

I've traded with lots of users in here, but I'm re-joining the trading scene so I don't remember all of them.

Recently traded with: carnival73; NoNewTaleToTell

Thanks for reading.
Post edited April 20, 2014 by Crsldmc
Sachys: Yup - your own post from back then quoting him: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/classifieds/post8928
...also turned up about a month later - the steam profile and "will accept paypal" made it obvious.
+1 for digging that post up, but most importantly the page itself (several posts before and after the one you linked to) - some good reading for other members on everything that was going on back then.
If anyone happens to have Deus Ex 1 or 2, Omikron, Brutal Legend, Anachronox, Alan Wake / New Nightmare

I'll trade for basically anything (reasonable) that is on sale right now. Send me an offer.
Post edited April 20, 2014 by djdarko