It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: 2. Maybe...maybe not. Many see it as inferior(sadly) than male versions of the sport, or see it as fluff compared to male versions. You'd need to change many people's way of thinking to get around that, imo.
DadJoke007: On the other hand, the Swedish women soccer team lost against a team of 15-year-old boys from Stockholm in Sweden. And those women were among the best in the world.

Those who don't believe me can translate the page below. (edit: wrong link at first, correct one in place now)
https://www2.svenskfotboll.se/landslag/damer/arkiv/landslag/2015/11/forlust-mot-stockholm-p15/

I have nothing to add and nothing I wanted to say by that really, just some anecdote I remembered that could be part of the explanation for the low interest. But that might be a case of the hen or the egg, higher salary might incentivize more women to push harder and raise the bar.

tinyE: I should have kept my fucking mouth shut.

From now on, I'm just going to let my army of mass derepping alts do all my talking. :P
DadJoke007: My bad, I can't help myself from dissecting and ponder a question or an argument when it shows up.

Congratulations to the victory by the way, even though I hoped for Sweden deep down. :D
None of the athletes deserve to be paid.
richlind33: None of the athletes deserve to be paid.
Of course they do, somebody wants to pay them for what they do and they do it. Very few could do what they do, hence the high salary.

That what they do for a salary is totally worthless for society as a whole is another issue. But if people think they're worth it and are willing to give them money for it by free will, who are we to say they don't deserve it?
DadJoke007: Of course they do, somebody wants to pay them for what they do and they do it. Very few could do what they do, hence the high salary.

That what they do for a salary is totally worthless for society as a whole is another issue. But if people think they're worth it and are willing to give them money for it by free will, who are we to say they don't deserve it?
Monetization of sports has completely destroyed sportsmanship. It's a reality-themed soap opera.
Ashleee
DubConqueror: CongratulUSasians and celebrations to you!
You just defeated the second best women's team of the whole world ;-)

#proudtobedutch
tinyE: Thank you, and as many have noted, the rest of the world is quickly catching up, for the betterment of the sport, for the betterment of everyone.

Now with that said, how about we do something about getting these players EQUAL PAY.
But sportsman never get paid like office employees. They're paid according to their skill, demand and negotiating power. Just like big name players will gain millions while no name players are paid smaller amount since they're in the B team and usually a bunch of bench warmers.
GameRager: 2. Maybe...maybe not. Many see it as inferior(sadly) than male versions of the sport, or see it as fluff compared to male versions. You'd need to change many people's way of thinking to get around that, imo.
DadJoke007: On the other hand, the Swedish women soccer team lost against a team of 15-year-old boys from Stockholm in Sweden. And those women were among the best in the world.

Those who don't believe me can translate the page below. (edit: wrong link at first, correct one in place now)
https://www2.svenskfotboll.se/landslag/damer/arkiv/landslag/2015/11/forlust-mot-stockholm-p15/

I have nothing to add and nothing I wanted to say by that really, just some anecdote I remembered that could be part of the explanation for the low interest. But that might be a case of the hen or the egg, higher salary might incentivize more women to push harder and raise the bar.
It might and if it does i;'m all for it. :)

DetouR6734: Why not have mixed teams? then you have your equality, otherwise it's not really equality is it?

Intruth things will never be equal due to the physical differences between the sexes, such as life.
One reason why is potential sexual harassment/etc suits by players if they had to share co-ed locker rooms/bathrooms/etc.

My bad, I can't help myself from dissecting and ponder a question or an argument when it shows up.

Congratulations to the victory by the way, even though I hoped for Sweden deep down. :D
I disagree...EVERYONE who does work or provides entertainment deserves pay of some sort if they choose to charge for such.....though maybe not to such extreme degrees as we do now with male pro sports.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by GameRager

GameRager: It might and if it does i;'m all for it. :)

DetouR6734: Why not have mixed teams? then you have your equality, otherwise it's not really equality is it?

Intruth things will never be equal due to the physical differences between the sexes, such as life.
GameRager: One reason why is potential sexual harassment/etc suits by players if they had to share co-ed locker rooms/bathrooms/etc.
You're just isolating it, it doesn't really solve the underlying social norms.

My point is though, the sexes will never ever be equal, the males are normally the stronger of the species, physically atleast. If you want women to be paid the same, they have to be as physically capable as the men on the field, and intruth if they were i don't see a reason why they couldn't be part of a major team and get paid the same as the top players she played with, and they could still provide separate locker rooms.

There are women capable, without a doubt, but unless they join the major teams, with the major players, they won't ever be paid the same.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by DetouR6734

GameRager: One reason why is potential sexual harassment/etc suits by players if they had to share co-ed locker rooms/bathrooms/etc.

GameRager: I disagree...EVERYONE who does work or provides entertainment deserves pay of some sort if they choose to charge for such.....though maybe not to such extreme degrees as we do now with male pro sports.
Yeah, encouraging people to be couch potatos is ever so extremely important. And incredibly beneficial! o.O
Personally I'd rather watch women run around playing football than men. Unless enjoying watching men is your kind of thing then who am I to judge. I might actually start watching this game everyone seems to strangely obsessed with.
BFBunny: Personally I'd rather watch women run around playing football than men. Unless enjoying watching men is your kind of thing then who am I to judge. I might actually start watching this game everyone seems to strangely obsessed with.
Bow Chicka Wow Wow

I could watch both, tbh. For... I mean, like, alot of reasons...

Also, I don't care I'm a predictable American, here; I like when we dominate in sport. World is so scary and unpredictable right now; gotta have something to cheer for.

Edz: On the other hand, hmm, sport...
Post edited July 09, 2019 by Fairfox

One reason why is potential sexual harassment/etc suits by players if they had to share co-ed locker rooms/bathrooms/etc.

I disagree...EVERYONE who does work or provides entertainment deserves pay of some sort if they choose to charge for such.....though maybe not to such extreme degrees as we do now with male pro sports.
richlind33: Yeah, encouraging people to be couch potatos is ever so extremely important. And incredibly beneficial! o.O
You know very well they'd be that way regardless.

Also some people get encouraged to PLAY said sports to be part of the team or make said money so there's that.
Date Nite with Bets! Later, y'all!
richlind33: Yeah, encouraging people to be couch potatos is ever so extremely important. And incredibly beneficial! o.O
GameRager: You know very well they'd be that way regardless.

Also some people get encouraged to PLAY said sports to be part of the team or make said money so there's that.
What I know is that you're a lot less likely to be obese and depressed if you live an active life, and don't eat the shit "food" that's marketed to people who watch telly.
I eat good food, watch a lot of telly, work my ass off.

I'm depressed, a total fucking basket case, but skinny and in relativity good shape given the circumstances.

My eyes are shot but I can hear a mouse pissing on cotton from a mile away.

This is so confusing. :P
Post edited July 10, 2019 by tinyE
The best and only thing to do if you want people around you to be more active is to lead by example, an active lifestyle and high energy inspire people in your proximity. That's the most you can hope for.

People know well what they should and shouldn't do. Trying to create incitement through laws, regulations, and subsidies for 'good stuff' will never work. On the opposite, complaining about what people enjoy and point fingers might actually make them hostile to do the right thing on the side of their usual 'bad' lifestyle choices.
Post edited July 10, 2019 by user deleted