It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: Most remaining spaces are private homes/etc which one shouldn't NEED to be able to have smoke free access to to live their lives and enjoy such, and are private property and should be respected as such.
But what about other people living in said private homes? (Including, for example, kids whose parents smoke all the time; that's not healthy for the kids.)
Still happy to be alive. lol
I too am happy to be ali....UGHHHH!!!..............................................
GameRager: Most remaining spaces are private homes/etc which one shouldn't NEED to be able to have smoke free access to to live their lives and enjoy such, and are private property and should be respected as such.
dtgreene: But what about other people living in said private homes? (Including, for example, kids whose parents smoke all the time; that's not healthy for the kids.)
Their home, their rules(within reason/the rest of current law)...BUT(and this is important context/exception here) I feel they should do the decent thing and smoke AWAY from those who don't want to breathe it in(outside or in a room far from others).

I don't, however, think people should be forced to do so by law/etc...but should make the choice of their own free will.

(Also as I said people have to able to enjoy their freedoms/vices somewhere[perhaps in a closed off room of their homes?], and people have to give people some concessions to do such....even smokers)

(Additional Disclosure: I grew up in a house with smokers and yes this is anecdotal but I grew up with no lung/etc issues and both parents smoked like chimneys all the time when I was growing up. Take of that what you guys/gals will)
=====================
Aside(and not to provoke but to seriously ask): What about all the things many groups have got made law in the past concerning the LGBTQ+ community saying some countries MUST teach about such in media/schools/etc?

Some say that goes against their beliefs/"harms" them spiritually/mentally/etc(yes it's usually rubbish but they say/think it), YET schools/etc promote and teach it anyways & if a parent objects they are punished in some way or chastised. Should the rights of those people to not let their kids learn such theoretically not also be respected to allow them to avoid said "harm" they believes comes from such?

(Disclosure: I am a member of one of those letters so I feel it fair/not bad to bring these questions up)
======================
Post edited July 11, 2019 by GameRager
DetouR6734: As a smoker you're impacting the choice of those that don't smoke when you simply walk by, as a smoker you are responsible to a high degree. You still have the freedom to smoke, but don't expect people to accept it 'cause you decided to smoke in a crowded public place.

I know what fairness is and i know how many smokers don't give a shit about being fair.

It's like anything that can be considered dangerous to others, sure drunk driving can kill more people, but does that matter if even a single person can be killed by passive smoking? a life is a life, you don't think well oh thats ok only 5-10 die a year from passive smoking when a few hundred say die from drink driving... jeebus.

As for respecting life it's something you learn and should be taught in school, it needn't be forced just the thought of "would you like your life and existence to be snuffed out with a click of a finger?" the answer being no, so fucking respect that of all things.

But with the amount of ignorant fucks a bullet can be used, if someone breaks into my home i'll sure as hell make sure he regrets it and learns the meaning of respect.
GameRager: 5. Whoa....how did we go from cig smoking in public to breaking and entering and home defense? :\
This bullet pointing is seriously annoying.

1: No they can't, queueing up or waiting near a bus stop? oh someone lights up am i supposed to walk across the road?
It's like blaming the passersby for breathing in smoke and shit from the cars as they drive by, the responsibility lies with the person that does it, not with everyone else, who you believe should just "avoid it", people have to start accepting responsibility. And that goes well beyond something as simple as smoking, but it's all in the same basket.

5: It all boils down to respect, or the actual lack of. The majority of people have no respect for others.

Done, i shall not explain more.

As for places to smoke, plenty of places without forcing someone else to breath it in, for now, just many can't be bothered walking that far.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by DetouR6734
GameRager: 5. Whoa....how did we go from cig smoking in public to breaking and entering and home defense? :\
DetouR6734: This bullet pointing is seriously annoying.

==========================
1: No they can't, queueing up or waiting near a bus stop? oh someone lights up am i supposed to walk across the road?
=============================
It's like blaming the passersby for breathing in smoke and shit from the cars as they drive by, the responsibility lies with the person that does it, not with everyone else, who you believe should just "avoid it", people have to start accepting responsibility. And that goes well beyond something as simple as smoking, but it's all in the same basket.
============================

2: It all boils down to respect, or the actual lack of. The majority of people have no respect for others.

Done, i shall not explain more.
To be fair/clarify I don't do it to annoy but to collect my thoughts and organize my reply so people know what part of their post each part of my reply pertains to & is also part of one of my OCDs.

If it bothers you I apologize.
=========================
This is a fair point but one can always find a bus stop a short walk away on the same line(usually).
I agree people should be responsible but only to what they can control(i.e. in your example people usually cannot stop their cars from making exhaust or limiting it without using approved methods which don't eliminate all pollution). Also, I believe people shouldn't have to bend over backwards to extreme levels under the guise of being kind to others.

There is being reasonably nice, and then there is being forced to not do something to be nice to others while being unreasonable to the one being forced not to do something.
I agree some don't have respect for others, but let us not conflate not doing every single thing someone wants one to as not being respectful of others.
Visited my new city, took a good rest and got to know better a person. Amazing mango and salad. A friend who was being unreasonable with me apologised and I feel lighter.
GameRager: 3. I go by the numbers when determining what I think should be limited/banned/tackled in society. To me such small numbers are small potatoes when looking at the bigger problems/picture.

This may make me sound callous but this is how(imo) society should be run....not on trying to save/placate every single person but doing the best one can and tackling bigger problems first.
DadJoke007: Also called democracy, could also be known as "tyranny of the majority" and "mob rule".

I don't know what scares me most, authoritarian dictators or tyranny of the majority/mob rule fueled by self-righteousness and the current moral fad. People in groups are whimsical, short-sighted and tyrannical since there is no responsibility involved. The means justify the ends too often since no-one feels responsible for the tyrannical means.
I'm here to help. lol
DadJoke007: Also called democracy, could also be known as "tyranny of the majority" and "mob rule".

I don't know what scares me most, authoritarian dictators or tyranny of the majority/mob rule fueled by self-righteousness and the current moral fad. People in groups are whimsical, short-sighted and tyrannical since there is no responsibility involved. The means justify the ends too often since no-one feels responsible for the tyrannical means.
richlind33: I'm here to help. lol
Now you lost me.
richlind33: I'm here to help. lol
DadJoke007: Now you lost me.
One of Reagan's famous quips: "hello, I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

He was a phony sack of shite if ever there was one because he had no problem with reinvigorating the "war on drugs". o.O
DadJoke007: Now you lost me.
richlind33: One of Reagan's famous quips: "hello, I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

He was a phony sack of shite if ever there was one because he had no problem with reinvigorating the "war on drugs". o.O
Ah.

Yup, the war on drugs might be one of the worst decisions by any US president in 'modern times'. It destroys families, targets minorities, criminalizes people for a choice that's no business of the state (or anyone else) and so on. The list could go on forever. That's one evil policy under the pretext of nobility.

This should probably not be in the happy-thread though, the 'things-that-piss-me-off-so-bad-that-I-might-get-a-stroke-thread' would be more suitable.

Nixon, what an asshole. Of course Reagan took his torch with a smile on his face.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by user deleted
Good coffee in the morning
~~~VAGINA~~~
Going for coffee in a public space...
The Chicago White Sox:

1st pole to pole netting. FINALLY an organization that takes fan safety seriously.
It almost makes up for them throwing the World Series in 1919. :P