It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: ...
Actually no, it's not a bad habit. In Diablo/Torchlight/Sacred/Titan Quest you never save, unless when you exit the game. My mistake was to overlook the fact that Xanadu Next is actually an action adventure/ action RPG game, instead of a hack and slash. I instinctively acted as I do when playing a hack and slash, because that's how the game felt playing. In reality, if anything, I'm kind of a save scummer. That is a bad habit! :)

To be honest, I'm pretty sure you can skip the intro, though I didn't verify that as I just exited the game, once I realized I wasted two hours. Or at least you can fast skip lines of dialogue by clicking, of this I'm certain, because I accidentally clicked and skipped some dialogue, the first time around. I guess now, I have the opportunity to read what I accidentally skipped before.
Post edited August 03, 2018 by MadalinStroe
A hint of fairness in here.
What made you happy today?
Silence and surrounding forests.

ciemnogrodzianin: Silence and surrounding forests.
GET OUT OF MY YARD!!!
dtgreene: ...
MadalinStroe: Actually no, it's not a bad habit. In Diablo/Torchlight/Sacred/Titan Quest you never save, unless when you exit the game. My mistake was to overlook the fact that Xanadu Next is actually an action adventure/ action RPG game, instead of a hack and slash. I instinctively acted as I do when playing a hack and slash, because that's how the game felt playing. In reality, if anything, I'm kind of a save scummer. That is a bad habit! :)
I would argue that the save system is not a characteristic of a genre, and is neither a defining factor nor a factor that could be required by a genre. The same can be said of whether you respawn after dying.

Case in point: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy are both JRPG series. However, in Dragon Quest, when you die you return to the last place you saved minus half your gold, while in Final Fantasy (at least 1-5 and 7-10), you go back to the title screen when you die.

I also dislike the term "save scum" (and its grammatical variants, as it implies that saving and reloading is somehow bad, which I disagree with and think promotes bad habits; if a game encourages this, maybe it's a flaw in the game, not the player).

(Incidentally, I actually don't consider permadeath a defining or mandatory feature of a roguelike; I would be willing to accept a game that has reloadable save anywhere as a rogueliike. I do consider the style of turn based gameplay to be a requirement, however, as well as procedural generation (don't want something like D.R.O.D. to qualify as a roguelike, but then again there is Shiren the Wanderer's puzzle mode).)
4 new volumes of Judge Dredd comics I ordered arrived!
HOME SWEEÈEÈEEEEET HOME
Having a shitty PC is better than having none
Got an SNES Classic Edition. Now I can play games like Bubble Bobble and Balloon Fight with two players.

(The SNES Classic controller works on the NES Classic. For the record, those controllers are known to work with the Wii, at least for Virtual Console games, but I don't have one due to DRM concerns.)
dtgreene: The SNES Classic controller works on the NES Classic.
Far out.

Too bad I don't have anyone to play against. :P
Lightning maps sevice.
girl flirted with me

xd
Post edited August 05, 2018 by DarkTheRaven
deleted
DarkTheRaven: girl flirted with me

xd
Fairfox: i was called beautiful
i cried
i needed it.
Wow. Proper english. It was a kiss-the-frog curse all along !
Went to the State Fair with the whole family. Corn dogs, cotton candy, sunburn, carnival rides, horses and cows... The whole shebang.

It was glorious!
I spotted Sachys in this steam thread.
He is the fifth post from top down.

Good to see he is alive and kicking.

www.steamgifts.com/discussion/bCX93/jean-luc-picard-to-return-in-a-new-show