It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: directed by Peter Jackson
You lost me right there. :P
Matewis: directed by Peter Jackson
tinyE: You lost me right there. :P
Not a fan of Peter Jackson? LotR, King Kong?
tinyE: You lost me right there. :P
Matewis: Not a fan of Peter Jackson? LotR, King Kong?
"I Refuse to Answer on the Grounds That It May Incriminate Me." :P
Matewis: Not a fan of Peter Jackson? LotR, King Kong?
tinyE: "I Refuse to Answer on the Grounds That It May Incriminate Me." :P
Lol ok. As long as we just get more bigscreen Tintin adaptions everyone wins :) And hopefully some more Asterix films down the line while we're at it. Just as long as no-one who worked on 'Asterix and the Vikings' is involved...
Matewis: It seems a new Tintin film directed by Peter Jackson might be in the works, based on Prisoners of the Sun. Can't wait!
Not super optimistic about the faithfulness. Even Hergé found, in retrospect, the "sun-worshipping population completely baffled by solar calendar" bit a tad embarrassing. In our age of super responsible representations of other cultures, it may raise some eyebrows.

That said, if the tone is faithful, some alternate twist could be cool too.
Matewis: It seems a new Tintin film directed by Peter Jackson might be in the works, based on Prisoners of the Sun. Can't wait!
Telika: Not super optimistic about the faithfulness. Even Hergé found, in retrospect, the "sun-worshipping population completely baffled by solar calendar" bit a tad embarrassing. In our age of super responsible representations of other cultures, it may raise some eyebrows.

Oh yes, they will definitely have to find another way to conclude that part of the story. Perhaps with an actual daring escape. Though that would still leave open the question of how to release those scientist/explorers from their comas.
That The Curse of Monkey Island is available on modern PC:s without hassle makes me happy.
London started arrests of Russian oligarchy's assets. Ha ha ha! :D
Attachments:
uk_mod.jpg (33 Kb)
I got a confirmation yesterday that I got the new "job" that I applied for.

I wrote "job" because it is "complicated", in that at first it is merely "learning in the job while getting also some extra education through courses", and after a few months the company makes the decision whether I am up to the job and they want to hire me for real. The premise is that the company will hire the person after the test period, unless he is just unfit to the position or the company or doesn't grow enough to the job.

I'm kinda excited because it is a new field in ICT for me where I don't have much at all former experience (hence I applied for the position through a program like this), and I feel it is now up to me to prove myself, show my passion and not to fuck it up (like playing too much Team Fortress 2 instead). Not like my former job which was a dead-end job with no room to grow, among old obsolete technology.

And even if it failed for some reason and I didn't get hired for reals, I still feel I get lots of good experience and knowledge from this which will help with further jobs, good for my resume.

Also what kinda excites me that while my former job was in a biiiig ICT company, this is at the other side of the spectrum, a small one-man company (where I would be the first actual employee). I was kinda hoping to get to some smaller company as it is easier for your job role to grow and change according to the needs and one's desires. For instance, at first I am more interested to concentrate in the technical side of things, but I could possibly grow to something else as well.
Post edited March 27, 2018 by timppu
Telika: Not super optimistic about the faithfulness. Even Hergé found, in retrospect, the "sun-worshipping population completely baffled by solar calendar" bit a tad embarrassing. In our age of super responsible representations of other cultures, it may raise some eyebrows.

I read in the booklet that came with the 25th Anniversary Edition of Tintin Adventures collection, that Hergé really didn't travel much, and just got his ideas for other cultures from reference materials mostly :) Newspaper articles and what ever was available, I guess.

Also happy to have the GOG release of Curse of the Monkey Island ;) And happy that there is only two more days till Easter Holiday Chillout Time :P
Post edited March 27, 2018 by superstande
Evidently timppu got a new job and the shits at the same time.

I'm happy and sad for him.

We need a go between thread that meets the "bitch about" and "made you happy" threads halfway.
Yeah a new job makes diarrhea easier to cope with.
tinyE: Evidently timppu got a new job and the shits at the same time.

I'm happy and sad for him.

We need a go between thread that meets the "bitch about" and "made you happy" threads halfway.
Might have been a different forum, but I remember participating in a "Good News - Bad News" thread somewhere. Kinda that idea.
Seriously. Rabbits are the best way to consume chocolate.
Telika: Seriously. Rabbits are the best way to consume chocolate.
Agreed