It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MrFortyFive: ...
Congratulations!
Good luck with delivery and enjoy being a father - one of the most amazing experiences available on this side of life ;)
MrFortyFive: My wife had a check up with our unborn daughter and the doctors said they're both doing "beautifully well". She's due in three weeks. I'm not looking forward to the sleepless nights with a newborn, but I can't wait to meet my daughter.
Best of luck, MrFortyFive. I hope all goes well.
Congratulations! And now it's time for DLCs, sequels, mugs and t-shirts ;)
I just made my first 9999 damage in Final Fantasy VI. These are satisfactions.
I ate one of these: https://kfc.co.za/kfc-catalog/Burgers/zin1002/
Didn't look anything like the picture, but it was delicious nonetheless
EDIT
Wait, there it is
slow internet

Matewis: I ate one of these: https://kfc.co.za/kfc-catalog/Burgers/zin1002/
Didn't look anything like the picture, but it was delicious nonetheless
Do you have White Castle in South Africa? I mean the food chain, not a remnant of Apartheid. :P
Post edited April 04, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: Do you have White Castle in South Africa? I mean the food chain, not a remnant of Apartheid. :P
Nope. Burger King made its way here though.
Qwertw: I just made my first 9999 damage in Final Fantasy VI. These are satisfactions.
Good. Now get strong enough to trigger damage overflow. (I hear that being level 99 with ~140 magic and casting Ultima on a single enemy will do that.)

Personally, I find that the damage limit makes things less satisfying; what I like is, in the PSX version of Final Fantasy 1, playing on easy mode (and this is only possible on easy because of the level cap increase), getting a monk to deal 50,976 damage.
Qwertw: I just made my first 9999 damage in Final Fantasy VI. These are satisfactions.
dtgreene: Good. Now get strong enough to trigger damage overflow. (I hear that being level 99 with ~140 magic and casting Ultima on a single enemy will do that.)

Personally, I find that the damage limit makes things less satisfying; what I like is, in the PSX version of Final Fantasy 1, playing on easy mode (and this is only possible on easy because of the level cap increase), getting a monk to deal 50,976 damage.
God, I hope I won't need to reach level 99 before finishing the game.

I'm ok with damage limit, reaching the famous 9999 gives enough satisfaction and doesn't break the game. And it doen't make you deal with unbearable numbers, like Disgaea. How could I count those? I mean, I only have ten fingers to count with.
Iss my barf-day. My one and only friend sent me a gift card, so I just ordered books: a hardcover James Joyce collection, the new book by Andersen Prunty (a Bizarro author), and the Sean Penn book, because it sounds so horrible I simply must have it.
dtgreene: Good. Now get strong enough to trigger damage overflow. (I hear that being level 99 with ~140 magic and casting Ultima on a single enemy will do that.)

Qwertw: God, I hope I won't need to reach level 99 before finishing the game.

I'm ok with damage limit, reaching the famous 9999 gives enough satisfaction and doesn't break the game. And it doen't make you deal with unbearable numbers, like Disgaea. How could I count those? I mean, I only have ten fingers to count with.
You don't need to reach level 99 to finish the game; I believe I was level 60 the first time, and beating the game at level 40 is quite reasonable. Beating the game at much lower levels (like, single digit levels) is possible but requires in-depth knowledge of the game mechanics.

I would, however, recommend doing enough sidequests so that you have at least 12 characters (out of the 14 possible); aside from the fact that you have to form 3 parties for the final dungeon, you will likely need the experience and treasures you get by doing the sidequests.

In any case, damage overflow is a novelty that isn't likely to happen via normal play, but it's fun to push the game to its limits.

By the way, here is a way to do 9999 damage not too far into the game:
* Level up Sabin to the point where he learns Mantra/Chakra (depending on translation). Also, get somebody else to learn Muddle.
* Get into a fight with a single undead enemy. (If there's multiple undead, kill all but one.)
* Cast Muddle on Sabin. (Optional: Cast Vanish on him first; doing so will prevent Muddle from missing.)
* Before Muddle is resolved, input the Blitz command to have Sabin use Mantra.
If you do this correctly, Sabin will use Mantra on the enemy, and the enemy will take 9999 damage.

Explanation: Sabin's Mantra Blitz targets the entire party, but will specifically not affect the user. Everyone else regains hit points equal to Sabin's current HP divided by the number of characters healed, or more precisely (and accurate), divided by one less than the number of targets. (Heal amount = HP / (targets - 1).) When confusion causes the ability to be used on the enemy, you can end up with the situation where there's only one target, and that target isn't Sabin. Hence, the enemy will be healed an amount equal to Sabin's HP divided by 0, which the SNES calculates to be a large number. This is reduced to 9999 by the damage limit, and the enemy's Undead trait changes the healing into damage. This allows you to do 9999 damage regardless of level or stats (though to get Mantra at a low level, you need to be at the point where the final dungeon is accessible).
Thanks for the info, I actually have all base characters plus the Moogle, I plan to obtain also Umaro and Gogo. Most characters are around level 40, whith four of them, my favourites, being over 50. I levelled them (I'm levelling them) in the Phoenix cave while doing the 256 battle to uncurse the cursed shield. I hoped the multi-party sections were over, now you're scaring me a bit.
Post edited April 07, 2018 by Qwertw
Yesterday I got the news I'm suffering vitamin D deficiency. The reason I'm posting this here in the happiness topic, is that vitamin D deficiency can cause exhaustion and depression and it means the exhaustion and depression I suffer might not be just from having Autistic Spectrum Disorder but might have a physical reason as well. And a physical reason, in casu a vitamin D deficiency, is treatable, while a mental illness, that's something you just have to live with.
Post edited April 07, 2018 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: Yesterday I got the news I'm suffering vitamin D deficiency. The reason I'm posting this here in the happiness topic, is that vitamin D deficiency can cause exhaustion and depression and it means the exhaustion and depression I suffer might not be just from having Autistic Spectrum Disorder but might have a physical reason as well. And a physical reason, in casu a vitamin D deficiency, is treatable, while a mental illness, that's something you just have to live with.
Then again, the world being objectively depressing may also be a reason, and tough to treat aswell.

Back to the bitch-about-life thread with you !
DubConqueror: Yesterday I got the news I'm suffering vitamin D deficiency. The reason I'm posting this here in the happiness topic, is that vitamin D deficiency can cause exhaustion and depression and it means the exhaustion and depression I suffer might not be just from having Autistic Spectrum Disorder but might have a physical reason as well. And a physical reason, in casu a vitamin D deficiency, is treatable, while a mental illness, that's something you just have to live with.
Telika: Then again, the world being objectively depressing may also be a reason, and tough to treat aswell.

Back to the bitch-about-life thread with you !
Hey, I was just looking for something that helps, not the truth ;-)