It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Starmaker: How's it balanced? From what I saw, the resources seem to be finite (the stuff that's on the map) while the expenditures are unlimited, which potentially leads to a death spiral. I restarted on every monetary loss, got bored eventually and stopped playing. Was I wrong?
Leroux: It's a very easy game, in any case. I'm a completionist and a resource hoarder and I didn't run into any issues on my playthrough even though I didn't spend much thought on these matters. It's been some time since I played it, but from what I remember I would say even if the resources are finite, they are abundant and exceed what you need for your purchases by far.
Yeah, having just finished it, I handily had a nearly fully upgraded character and there were still resources appearing on the radar that I could have gone for.
Red Faction. Man this game is a WHOLE lot shorter than when I originally played it on the Ps2. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that it doesn't take two minutes to save/load the game haha. Not to brag (brag incoming!) but it's also a whole lot easier, I'm playing it on the medium difficulty and only using the two starter weapons and the only time(s) I've died so far have been when I jumped into the various endless holes that are present in the base. Well...and the time I jumped onto a tank to see if I could...borrow it.

I'm currently at the Geothermal Plant, I've played maybe two hours (give or take a half hour) and I'm not even rushing or making my own paths. I suppose that is about a third of the way through the game? I can't quite remember. I know it's not too far from the token "say bye to all your things!" part of the game.

Anyway, this game is great. Seriously great. It might have a barely present (despite the amount of important NPC chatter) story but it's just a great great game.

Sidenote: I did NOT remember enemies dancing dodging and skating around like they're on ice. I would be mad but they're doing the same thing I am so eh...it's all fair. I love how enemies beg for mercy and run and then almost instantly turn back around and attack you again, I assume that was an inspiration for Skyrim.
Post edited October 05, 2014 by NoNewTaleToTell
Trails in the Sky... I've been so busy I haven't started it in almost two months. And I'm still on Chapter 2! I'm gonna finish it in 2015 x_x
Some more Red Faction. Still having fun with it but I've run into a couple of bugs, one of which could have been a game ender. I just finished with a boss fight which was a bit annoying, one of those encounters where you know right away what you have to do but you still have to follow the script until you're allowed to actually use the solution.

It's making me want to play Area 51 for some reason, which isn't a terrible thing.
Delver. What a wonderful game, and it only gets better with each update.
Modded disc-based Morrowind
Even more Red Faction. I'm nearing the end (at least I think I am) and I'm a bit ready for it to be over. It's still fun and a great game overall but the higher tier enemies are just sponges, which is never fun (for me at least). Oh and the cutscene where you meet the real big bad for the first time is perhaps the stupidest scene I've ever seen in a game. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing but one thing is for sure...it was certainly a thing.
After finishing all four campaigns of Neverwinter Nights 2 I started my third or fourth attempt to play through Might & Magic VII: For Blood and Honor.
Post edited October 05, 2014 by viperfdl
OMG, Borderlands is so much ridiculous fun.
Just started Dead Space! Very cool game so far. I've owned 2 and 3 for quite a while but avoided them so far because I hadn't played 1. Looking forward to doing the whole trilogy over the next couple weeks.
I'm not a fan of calling games "pretentious," a word that gets thrown around so often by gamers about anything that does anything experimental that it basically no longer means anything. So I'll just say that I have no idea what Anodyne, the game I'm playing now, thinks it's doing, and maybe the problem's on my end, and maybe not.
about to finish messing around with 99 levels to Hell. Am on level 60-ish and not finding the motivation to keep going (save obsessive completion-ism that is growing more faint with age).

Added Grey Matter to the mix. This landed a great first impression visually.

GK remake will likely be started upon release.

Still piddling with Grim Dawn, Riptide, and lego Batman (Just realized I didn't have the villain side to 100%)
I managed to get my physical, legit copy from Vampire Bloodlines, to finally run in Windows 7! I am currently sinking into it again, after 3 whole years! Am going to try some mods this time around, like the true gold patch and a certain spicy mod that turns female players and/or certain npcs, completely topless, or even more revealing (don't ask me how i got my hands on it, since it was stopped being shared publically...)!
Gun Monkeys. Not really my style of game but it looks fun!
BadDecissions: I'm not a fan of calling games "pretentious," a word that gets thrown around so often by gamers about anything that does anything experimental that it basically no longer means anything. So I'll just say that I have no idea what Anodyne, the game I'm playing now, thinks it's doing, and maybe the problem's on my end, and maybe not.
No, I don't recall getting much out of Anodyne's...story...but I still liked the game because of the combination of Zelda-like action and weird imagery.

I just started playing Super Cyborg, which I grabbed from Indie Game Stand yesterday. I'm a big Contra fan so I had to get it and so far the impression is very good. It's basically just NES Contra (or maybe Probotector, based on the heroes' designs) on steroids, which is fine with me.