It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: Awww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... Baldur's Gate 2: only now I realized that if your mage's summoned "familiar" dies, you lose -1 constitution, _permanently_. Now I am wondering should I restart the whole game before I used a familiar as a tank, or try some cheat to get the lost constitution back.

Yeah yeah, I should have read the familiar spell description more closely. These kind of permanent negative changes suck ass, big time. I googled for it and someone was way worse off, his familiar had died many many times, hence his mage's constitution was only 3 anymore.
Yeah, just use the console to give your character the Manual of Bodily Health (+1 Con), item code BOOK03. Better than starting over.
Post edited August 27, 2013 by Coelocanth
Update:
Now I'm playing:
Fallout: New Vegas
This is my favourite fallout game, just above fallout 2. That, and they added chainsaws :)

Pokemon Heartgold
Probably my second favourite Pokemon game, after emerald. None can withstand the terrible power of my Electrode!

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow (Julius Mode)
I prefer julius mode to Soma mode, probably cause I'm a bigger fan of classicvania then metroidvania

And Finally:
C&C Red Alert 2
Absolutely brilliant. I like the skirmish mode, although a mod that put Red Alert 1 missions into red alert 2 would be awesome.
So I got, and subsequently beat Ittle Dew. and I must say, I like it, but it is WAY TOO SHORT! The whole game feels like a tutorial at the beginning of a Zelda game, except that the Tutorials in Zelda can take longer to beat.

In fact, there is an achievement in Steam that you earn by completing the game in under 15 minutes.

This is not good because it was a game I could easily see myself spending quite a few hours playing.

Now that I beat that, I am moving into Bastion, I think.
Playing the alpha of Sir you are Being Hunted.

Game is amazing, even in its unfinished form.
Cookie Clicker >_>

Also, some Thomas Was Alone.
Dead Space 3. My brother wants to watch me play this, so I can't play it often. However, I've put in roughly three to four hours, and what I've played so far, I like. I enjoyed both of the previous games and preferred Dead Space 2's more action-oriented gameplay, so I wasn't put off by the even greater focus on action in Dead Space 3. The gun crafting system is already pretty cool, and I imagine it will get better with the more components I get. My current weapons are a line gun with a force gun attachment and a semi-automatic weapon with a shotgun attachment. If I had any major complaint about the game, however, it would be that the weapons seem to be a little... weak. I mean, they aren't underpowered, and I certainly wouldn't want them to be overpowered, but the weapons in Dead Space 2 had a bit more punch to them. I know I can upgrade the weapons, but the base versions just lack the oomph I was expecting. Still, the game is really fun, and I look forward to seeing how things develop.
timppu: Awww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit... Baldur's Gate 2: only now I realized that if your mage's summoned "familiar" dies, you lose -1 constitution, _permanently_. Now I am wondering should I restart the whole game before I used a familiar as a tank, or try some cheat to get the lost constitution back.

Yeah yeah, I should have read the familiar spell description more closely. These kind of permanent negative changes suck ass, big time. I googled for it and someone was way worse off, his familiar had died many many times, hence his mage's constitution was only 3 anymore.
Coelocanth: Yeah, just use the console to give your character the Manual of Bodily Health (+1 Con), item code BOOK03. Better than starting over.
Thanks for that, because for some odd reason I didn't see that item listed in the Baldur's Gate 2 cheats/items lists I googled. Seems those items lists are way incomplete.

I first thought I had written the "create item" cheat command wrong because I didn't get any feedback whether it was successful or not, but they worked, so suddenly I had ten manuals of bodily health in the inventory. Used one of them on my mage, threw rest to ground, and continued with the game. All is well now, my mage's constitution is back to 16 now.

I guess I will not use the "find familiar" spell anymore, unless I find a very good reason to do so. Yeah you get extra HP as long as your familiar doesn't die, but I simply hate the idea of having to pamper it just so that I don't get permanent negative traits to my character. Just not worth it.
Post edited August 28, 2013 by timppu
I'm playing Legend of Grimrock. I like it very much.
So I was playing around in the sandbox mode and wrote ZOMBIE and it appears and starts wailing away at Maxwell. So I decided I needed something to kill the zombie (it was getting annoying) but what? So I decided a Tyrannosaurus Rex would be ideal. I was too lazy to type in full so I just wrote TREX. And it still worked! :) A Rex materialised. And then, I'm not making this up, the stupid Zombie jumped up and mounted the Rex! T-Rex-riding zombies! W00t! :D
I'm playing A.N. Adventure game (dont want to post the name in case of spoilers while I bitch about it).

Jesus the mechanics are pretty brutal, story is great, but progression is just bonkers. It is really trial and error.

You make a lightbulb with a shard of glass and a piece of aluminium foil...huh?

Just one scenario I played last night :

You take a metal sign off its hook outside a bar and then ask the owner if you can roast a fish on top of it and the owner say "yep, no problem", so you roast the fish on the fireplace in the bar, even though the hostelry has a kitchen that does meals.

You get a flag, the character tells you its plastic and no use for taking a metal tray off a fire....but.....if you wet the "plastic" flag then you can....huh?

You get a glass from the bar, go to the sea to fill it with sea water, then leave it beside the fireplace for the water to evaporate so you can get salt to..... you're in a fucking restaurant, why would you do that?!? >.<

The game is full of busy-work shit like this, a very disappointing experience so far, but as I said the story is quite good, its just the mechanics really take away from it.
Post edited August 28, 2013 by F1ach
timppu: Thanks for that, because for some odd reason I didn't see that item listed in the Baldur's Gate 2 cheats/items lists I googled. Seems those items lists are way incomplete.

I first thought I had written the "create item" cheat command wrong because I didn't get any feedback whether it was successful or not, but they worked, so suddenly I had ten manuals of bodily health in the inventory. Used one of them on my mage, threw rest to ground, and continued with the game. All is well now, my mage's constitution is back to 16 now.

I guess I will not use the "find familiar" spell anymore, unless I find a very good reason to do so. Yeah you get extra HP as long as your familiar doesn't die, but I simply hate the idea of having to pamper it just so that I don't get permanent negative traits to my character. Just not worth it.
Glad to help. Re the item list, the Manual is actually a BG1 item, but all of the BG1 items can be spawned in BG2 as well.

As for the familiar, I'm of two minds. On the one hand, there are one or two that can give your character some okay benefits, but on the other, the only safe place for him is in your backpack, which takes an inventory slot. So it's kind of a toss up on whether or not to bother with it.

Anyway, enjoy the game. :)
Recently:

Wizardry 6
I am falling in love with this game. So glad it was released here and I am finally able to experience it. This has been huge stress reliever for me the past few evenings. Phenomenal, wonderful, and atmospheric.

Zafehouse Diaries
I'm getting better at this one. It started raining in the game last night and I fell asleep with the laptop in my lap. Only to wake up at some point during the evening and moments later have my character die horribly in a zombie onslaught. It was alright though because the sound of the thunder and falling rain was so soothing. I barely heard the screams and the sounds of the feeding frenzy that ensued once the zombies overwhelmed my lone survivor.
Moved on to NecroVision, quite cool and better than Painkiller to me.
Medal of Honor is the first game from the Humble Origin Bundle that I'm tackling. It's pretty much MMS #347, but so far it's been adequate enough.
Recently started to play half-life opposing force