It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warriors orochi 3 Ultimate. A real blast! Way better than Musou Orochi Z, which wasn't even translated! Great compilation, relatively recent pc release! As others claim, this has to be the single best title, across all of the warriors series!

Too bad it's never coming here... Oh, well.
Dabbled with Outer Worlds remaster. Somehow it looks worse than the original. Legitimately worse too, not "oh it's hard to run so I'm gonna say it looks worse." No, at max settings on both I find the original game more pleasing visually. It's a shame.

Tried Tales of Arise and couldn't get into it. Too anime for me, and the combat controls are bad IMO.

Probably have given up on Atomic Heart. It's just not fun to play for me, for a lot of little reasons I think just add up. I can't point to one "it sucks" thing, it's a lot of little things.

Playing Far Cry 6 now. The Ubisoft formula is what it is but I enjoy FPS stealth enough to like Far Cry anyway. It's weird how this game doesn't look that great graphically though, I guess their tech is finally aging. I remember FC2 and 3 looking AMAZING at the time, but this game is far, far behind other modern games visually.
I have downloaded from my library the two NecroVisioN games in order to start them.
well, not right now in this very moment, but the games I currently my time with, are:

Detroit - Become Human
Cat Quest 2
Born Punk
So Blonde
I'm re-playing Morrowind recently.
In the first playing I had chosen a warrior character, so in this time, I chose a dark-elf mage.
At first, my character couldn't restore his Magicka (MP) when resting on a bed. I didn't know why. I checked a walk-through and realized that my character's birth sign was the Atronach which has a penalty of "stunted magicka" but it is too ambiguous to understand the true meaning...(especially for not a native English speaker).
I made a new character whose birth sign is the Mage, and I could restore his Magicka in this case and begin the real adventure.
Playing through Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Siege of Dragonspear for the first time ever. Finished Baldur's Gate and am now about halfway through Dragonspear. I feel like BG1 was slightly disappointing, mostly because all the interesting parts of the story happens right at the end while the early and mid game felt like a series of "Your princess is in another castle" dungeons. Dragonspear meanwhile has been a nice surprise. I remember hearing so many complaints about it when it first came out but I'm really enjoying the more directed and focused story. Could do with more optional areas though. Looking forward to starting Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition soon.
dtgreene: I've found that I often want to rush through a game and/or get 100% on a first playthrough, but can relax more on later playthroughs.

(Then again, there are some games that, on repeat playthroughs, I prefer to play in a nonstandard manner; this is especially true if the game is nonlinear, or can be glitched into becoming nonlinear.)
I feel the same a lot of the time. In rare cases it gets to the point that I feel like I just want to get the first playthrough over with so that I can actually enjoy the game lol.
HIRO kun: I'm re-playing Morrowind recently.
In the first playing I had chosen a warrior character, so in this time, I chose a dark-elf mage.
At first, my character couldn't restore his Magicka (MP) when resting on a bed. I didn't know why. I checked a walk-through and realized that my character's birth sign was the Atronach which has a penalty of "stunted magicka" but it is too ambiguous to understand the true meaning...(especially for not a native English speaker).
I made a new character whose birth sign is the Mage, and I could restore his Magicka in this case and begin the real adventure.
There are ways around the Atronach birthsign's penalty, like summoning an Ancestral Ghost and turning it hostile, absorbing the magic it casts against you, for example.

I actually find this birthsign to be quite fun in Morrowind, and the Sorcerer class (which has the same combination of spell absorption and stunted magicka) to be fun in Arena. (Note: If you're playing Arena as a Sorcerer, you'll want high Willpower to increase the chance of absorbing spells.)
Command and Conquer Remastered.
I think I prefer Red Alert's campaign to Tiberian Dawn's.
Tiberian Dawn has some pretty annoying scenarios and the AI cheats pretty hard. Apparently the AI harvester there gets 28 times more credits than it should, and it's really irritating because it just spam hoards of infantry.
I'm playing Neverwinter Nights and ready for vampires....

https://imgur.com/L1jtlFJ.jpg

There's all of one vampire in the module that I brought this into.
(Still) playing Castlevania SotN (PS1 version from the PSN). I never played it during my early years, so thankfully I don't see it with a coat of nostalgia, and my opinion so far is that it is pretty good.
I really REALLY don’t understand some people. I had downloaded the two NecroVisioN games and started “Lost Company” first, as it serves as the two games’ prequel. I REALLY LIKE THE GAME. So much, that I’ve already finished it two times (in the first two difficulty settings) and I’m going for the hardest, without it even having different endings (as is the case in the other NecroVisioN). So why all those bad reviews in the Lost Company’s page? Why? Maybe because enemies aren’t that easy to fall? And there are also bad ones in the NecroVisioN’s page! Would other players like a (gaming) world where all FPSs were exact Half Life’s clones? Or CRPGs to be exact Witcher 3’s clones, action-RPGs to be exact Diablo’s clones and strategy games to be exact Starcraft clones? Would they prefer that??

I just don’t understand this. Unbelievable.
Deleted
Post edited March 29, 2023 by user deleted
_Auster_: (Still) playing Castlevania SotN (PS1 version from the PSN). I never played it during my early years, so thankfully I don't see it with a coat of nostalgia, and my opinion so far is that it is pretty good.
The game is pretty good, but it does have a few flaws, many of which, fortunately, did not appear in later Metroidcvanias, even those that are otherwise similar. Like these:
* Difficulty scaling is bad. The game starts out decently challenging, but then gets easier as you progress. Once you get past a certain point (and you'll probably know what point I'm talking about, once you reach it), the game suddenly gets significantly harder, only to then get easier again once you gain some levels. (Note that, if you're underleveled, you catch up quickly.)
* Stat growth at level up is random, so you can get a good level up or a bad one. (At least stats don't go *down* at level up.)
* When hit by an enemy, you do not become briefly invulnerable. This leads to being stunlocked to death, which is not fun.
* There's multiple ways to break the game, removing any difficulty the game has left. One involves a rare drop, but there's another involving two specific items with fixed locations that, when combined, break the game.
CarChris: So why all those bad reviews in the Lost Company’s page? Why? Maybe because enemies aren’t that easy to fall? And there are also bad ones in the NecroVisioN’s page! Would other players like a (gaming) world where all FPSs were exact Half Life’s clones? Or CRPGs to be exact Witcher 3’s clones, action-RPGs to be exact Diablo’s clones and strategy games to be exact Starcraft clones? Would they prefer that??

I just don’t understand this. Unbelievable.
Reminds me of how Quest 64 was panned for not having much of a story. Thing is, I like RPGs (particularly JRPGs, as I haven't really been able to get into WRPGs that aren't particularly old), but I don't actually play for the story. In fact, I prefer it when the story gets out of the way, so that I don't have to engage with it if I don't want to. Or, for that matter, the lack of a currency in that game; not every game needs to have money and stores to spend them in. (Dungeon Master is an example of another game typically considered an RPG that lacks any sort of currency or shops (coins are like keys here).)

(Worth noting that there *are* legitimate criticisms of Quest 64, but the lack of a story, I feel, isn't one of them. One tip to help mitigate what is probably the game's biggest flaw: When combat starts, the direction you're facing doesn't change (even if the camera does), and after you win the battle, your facing will be changed to what it was at the start of the battle.)
dtgreene: The game is pretty good, but it does have a few flaws, many of which, fortunately, did not appear in later Metroidcvanias, even those that are otherwise similar. Like these:
* Difficulty scaling is bad. The game starts out decently challenging, but then gets easier as you progress. Once you get past a certain point (and you'll probably know what point I'm talking about, once you reach it), the game suddenly gets significantly harder, only to then get easier again once you gain some levels. (Note that, if you're underleveled, you catch up quickly.)
* Stat growth at level up is random, so you can get a good level up or a bad one. (At least stats don't go *down* at level up.)
* When hit by an enemy, you do not become briefly invulnerable. This leads to being stunlocked to death, which is not fun.
* There's multiple ways to break the game, removing any difficulty the game has left. One involves a rare drop, but there's another involving two specific items with fixed locations that, when combined, break the game.
About difficulty and levels, I learned that killing only the easier enemies after "that" point while dodging the others with mist form actually grants quite a few levels. And apparently, if you have a lightening-absorbing armor and go face a boss, you've pretty much won the game, and this boss blocks the passage to an upgrade of the mist form which, when used against the enemies near the center of "that" area, grant the player an absurd amount of levels.

About getting stun-locked, yeah, it's annoying. I was thrown into other rooms multiple times because of that... =.="