It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

On the 10th level now, I think it has 18 levels.

Pretty meh overall. Not particularly bad, but not particularly good either, and I must admit the graphics look quite bland and are an eye-sore by modern standards. I know there is some third-party graphics update for it with new models etc., but for some reason I couldn't get it to work reliably.

I recall hearing this game is supposed to have very good level design... but rather meh overall. All levels so far look so similar overall, bland, grey etc., and many architectures don't make much sense. Occasionally there are some "breathtaking" views, like at the end of the 9th level when you take a lift that goes very long way up, and you see some vast outdoor areas. I almost got a fear of height there.

I do sometimes feel I should just stop playing it and try some more interesting game, but whatever... At least I don't see myself replaying it later, similarly how I've replayed e.g. the first two Serious Sam games several times.
Post edited October 26, 2022 by timppu
After finishing Wizards and Warriors, I began to re-play Witcher 1, and probably I'll play through a 1 - 3 marathon (like I have played Wizardry 6 - 8). I have heard that CD-Projekt RED is planning to add 5 Witcher games including a new trilogy, so I want to remember the Witcher world by playing older games.
To my surprise, the appearance of Geralt is a young man compared to 3's him. He looks like almost a completely different person. lol.
At first, I played the game at hard difficulty, but I could not beat a beast dog boss in chapter 1 even after a lot of time I was trying, so I gave it up and played again the game at normal difficulty, and beat the dog, and then entered Vizima city...

EDIT: When I had written this post, CD-Projekt RED just announced a remake of Witcher 1. lol. Still, I'll continue to play the original. :D
Post edited October 26, 2022 by HIRO kun
HIRO kun: After finishing Wizards and Warriors, I began to re-play Witcher 1, and probably I'll play through a 1 - 3 marathon (like I have played Wizardry 6 - 8). I have heard that CD-Projekt RED is planning to add 5 Witcher games including a new trilogy, so I want to remember the Witcher world by playing older games.
To my surprise, the appearance of Geralt is a young man compared to 3's him. He looks like almost a completely different person. lol.
At first, I played the game at hard difficulty, but I could not beat a beast dog boss in chapter 1 even after a lot of time I was trying, so I gave it up and played again the game at normal difficulty, and beat the dog, and then entered Vizima city...

EDIT: When I had written this post, CD-Projekt RED just announced a remake of Witcher 1. lol. Still, I'll continue to play the original. :D
That boss is a major and relatively unique difficulty spike in the first game. I don't know if you tried it, but as I recall using the...spectre?...oil (assuming you have some) makes the fight a bit of a joke as you can take it down quickly, before the other dogs take too much out of you.
HIRO kun: After finishing Wizards and Warriors, I began to re-play Witcher 1, and probably I'll play through a 1 - 3 marathon (like I have played Wizardry 6 - 8). I have heard that CD-Projekt RED is planning to add 5 Witcher games including a new trilogy, so I want to remember the Witcher world by playing older games.

andysheets1975: That boss is a major and relatively unique difficulty spike in the first game. I don't know if you tried it, but as I recall using the...spectre?...oil (assuming you have some) makes the fight a bit of a joke as you can take it down quickly, before the other dogs take too much out of you.
I used several potions and oil before the battle, but even so, I could not beat the dog...Its fire breath(?) made Geralt paralyzed and then soon lost all vitality. On the contrary, in the normal difficulty, after using oil, Geralt quickly beat it.
Playing Prey (2017) for the first time - wow, the game's so good. It's way better than I expected, even though I've heard/read plenty of people praising it. I played it the whole weekend and I'm hooked. Now I'm more excited for getting back to play the game than the Halloween sale. :D
ariaspi: Playing Prey (2017) for the first time - wow, the game's so good. It's way better than I expected, even though I've heard/read plenty of people praising it. I played it the whole weekend and I'm hooked. Now I'm more excited for getting back to play the game than the Halloween sale. :D
It is really great. How far are you
Banners of Ruin - finished it once with 2 bears and 2 rats
Trials of Fire - finished the main campaign and other adventures with a few classes
Master of Magic Classic - started a few games, too much clicking and management, building an army and moving it takes too long for my taste, don't have the patience right now, uninstalled, may try it later

I would like to start a traditional roguelike right now, any suggestions? I have enjoyed Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup in an earlier version, Tangeledeep not as much, not ready for to get into ADOM, Caves of Qud doesn't draw my interest, maybe try the free version of Tales of Maj’Eyal? Tiles and auto explore button is a must.
More Demon's Wintoer experimentation, discovering some new things.

One thing: At least in the DOS version, do not take the Persuasiveness skill; it seems to do the opposite of what it's supposed to. (In other words, when the game checks to see if you have the skill, it seems the check is backwards.)
Control - The Foundation DLC
One of the best DLCs that I've played - it should've been part of the main game! (not that it really matters to me, it was included in the GOG release)
Playing Dying Light right now. Once you get a Gun the game is a walk in the park.
Post edited October 31, 2022 by Syphon72
The Evil Within 2
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Gold
ariaspi: Playing Prey (2017) for the first time - wow, the game's so good. It's way better than I expected, even though I've heard/read plenty of people praising it. I played it the whole weekend and I'm hooked. Now I'm more excited for getting back to play the game than the Halloween sale. :D
lukaszthegreat: It is really great. How far are you
I'm in Psychotronics now, about to enter the G.U.T.S.. But I'm taking my sweet time, explore and loot everything, kill every Typhon. Going with stealth and wrench for now, so no worries for ammo - stockpiling it for later game. :)
Silent Hill 2.
I play The Witcher lately. Great game. I think one of the top games I recently played. Also, I sometimes play poker at https://www.kakeroi.com/pharaoh/ for a little distraction. I like games that make me think and those that give sharp emotions.
Post edited November 07, 2022 by corickl
I'm playing Vagrant Story. I wish I had played the game back in the day, but I'm having a blast nonetheless. The learning curve is kinda steep, but it's well worth it once you start to properly manage the chain commands, all the equipment, gems, magic and whatnot. Now I see why it had a 40/40 score from Famitsu. Highly recommended for RPG fans!