It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: You find out he is asking 110 ore for the sword (instead of the 100 that the person gave you), so instead of taking the hit and paying 10 ore from my pocket, I did what I'd probably do in real life: I went back to the person and told him it costs 110 ore, not 100 ore. And indeed, he agreed to give me the missing 10 ore.
Hmm, iirc I actually did pay the extra price out of my own pocket because I wanted to win some friends...interesting that there are other options :-)
Have to say personally I was a bit disappointed by Gothic 1, had expected it to be more of a true rpg. And the combat system irritated me.
I quite enjoyed the sequel though, which had somewhat more quests and options apart from just combat.
Went a different route. Noticed I have Divinity 2 installed so I'm giving that a whirl.

After finishing Dragon Age: Origins just prior to this, I find that it's a step backward at least in one regard: the NPC animations - when in conversation - are akin to watching an episode of Robot Chicken. Just really, REALLY overdone, except RC does it on purpose.
I've now decided to continue with my attempt at playing through Thief: Gold, and am now in the 12th mission (the one where you return to the cathedral). Don't find it as creepy as many other people apparently do, but those zombies are annoying.
Have to say though that the mission design is really somewhat flawed in parts...despite Thief's undoubted qualities, this definitely is a game I can't imagine playing without occasionally looking in a walktrough, just to know what I should be doing or where I should go next. Reminds me of System Shock 2.
Caesar.: Playing The Witcher 1 for the first time. Yes, we do exist!
I keep starting it and quitting.
Gonna try it again with my new PC later this week. Hopefully the new OS won't give me the minimum settings bug, knock on wood.
Picked up Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for my 3DS.
Caesar.: Playing The Witcher 1 for the first time. Yes, we do exist!
ciemnogrodzianin: I've completed W1EE this year and that was really nice 56 hours. Well balanced action crpg with interesting setting and quite good story. Have a nice play!
So far the storytelling and immersion are amazing. I love how NPCs randomly insult me because technically I'm not 100% human. I usually play other types of games so a lot is whole new for me.
Still playing Veil of Darkness. I might have to restart because I think I may have gotten myself into a bit of a walking dead situation. Basically I need money to buy a critical item but I'm having trouble scrounging up enough because I blew it on another item which I think is more important to the later part of the game. I am having fun, although the "steamlined" interface on this game is very unintuitive to me.
I have been playing with my boyfriend Borderlands since the GOTY edition was really cheap on humble bundle and we have been having a lot of fun. I am a siren and he is soldier so we go well together.
Since we are both into coding we decided to try Else Heart.Break(), it's been fun but the fact that it doesn't have any quest system where we can check what to do next it's been making things a little bit more difficult since we get distracted a lot. But the art style it's absolutely gorgeous.
And i went back to Guild Wars 2 and chose to be a fire Elementalist and my boyfriend it's a Guardian so we make very good combos.
Cosmic Star Heroine on pc while waiting for some new console game arrivals. More on that later.
Post edited October 17, 2017 by Hikage1983
GT Sport Demo (PS4 Pro)

It's rubbish. Don't listen to the Sony fanboys. It doesn't even have a championship mode in single player...unless the full release springs a massive surprise. All you can do is run single races. And the AI waits for you. That's nice of them.

It doesn't even look very good. 5 years for Polyphonic to come up with an e-sport racer? Or do I smell a full GT 7 this time next year?

This cannot even compare to Forza 6, let alone Forza 7. In fact even Forza 5 has more content and that game was pounded by the media for having low content.

But, with millions of rabid fanboys behind it, and Sony having a lock on gaming media, I predict this as game of the year on every game site the world over.
Concentrating on Gothic now. I'm still in chapter 1 as I don't have any big urge to advance in the story for now, as long as I am able to level up my character. I'm now on level 4, have level 1 in single-hand melee fighting and bow, so now I can also (barely) kill e.g. wolves and those lizard thingies. Orcs and orc-dogs are still out of a question, even my bow doesn't seem to do any damage to them yet.

This is the part I usually love in RPGs, concentrating on improving my character, levelling up, getting better gear, thinking "Damn orcs, you beat me now but just wait until I've become stronger, I'll wipe the floor with you and your orc-dogs...".

I am damn happy I happened to read this discussion:

Things I Wish I Knew Before Getting Far Into Gothic 1

Every game should have a "FAQ" like that! Especially the part about hunting skills, early in the game you meet a guy who can teach you all sorts of hunting things (how to get skins, claws, teeth etc. out of your prey, which you can then sell for money). I first thought they are less important than e.g. fighting skills and maybe I will look into them later in the game, but as that discussion suggests, you should get most of those skills as soon as possible because monsters don't necessarily respawn (until next chapter), so if you e.g. kill all the wolves without those skills, you simply lose money.

I think I now have all those hunting skills (including the one about extracting mandibles from minecrawlers), except one for which you apparently need to read a book from the New Camp. So now I can quite safely hunt all kinds of beasts and monsters, without losing any potential money.

The discussion didn't reach full consensus though, for instance whether pickpocketing skill makes sense. One person said it is useless because NPCs you can pickpocket don't have anything valuable or interesting (how many apples do you want to steal from NPCs?), but then another person pointed out that you get extra experience for pickpocketing, so it makes sense to have the skill and use it frequently, just for the extra XP.

I also read another discussion about ore mining. When I arrived to the old mine, it seemed to me you can mine ore yourself with your pick-axe... but apparently that is just a red herring. Sure you can keep hitting an ore vein for as long as you like, but you will not get any ore that way. The game developers seem to be trolling the players quite a bit...

So far so good. I've understood the game (world) isn't necessarily that big, mainly the few camps around the map etc., but in a way I am fine with that. Not every RPG needs to be Skyrim (or Daggerfall) in size.

EDIT: Also as I've understood you can only join one camp, so I guess I will join the old camp... but before doing that, it makes sense to do all the subquests in the other camps too, for the extra experience. So now I am visiting the New Camp to see what is to be done there, without properly joining their camp.
Post edited October 17, 2017 by timppu
I started Dragon Age Inquisition about a week ago, bought it on sale a while back but never got around to play it until now(so many games, so little time am I right?).
Overall it's enjoyable. Story carries after the events of the second game and the books, many known characters make a cameo. The gameplay is not as complex and hard as the first one, but it offers enough of a challenge(unlike DA2) to still be interesting, although magic is not as fun as in the first one. The crafting system is a bit confusing and clunky, but one can get used to it. The one major problem I have with the game is that it offers less skills all around and that you can only put 8 skill in the skill bar. What bugs me a bit is a minor character that changes the lore on qunary social norms.
Started a game of X3:Albion Prelude, just doing whatever fancies me at the moment. Sad to see bugs in it that were not present in X3:Terran Conflict. The world seems a lot more hostile than in Terran Conflict with me and my fleet getting attacked everywhere and anywhere. I am only ~16h in yet. My only goal is to shoot things.
ImmortalGirl: I started Dragon Age Inquisition about a week ago, bought it on sale a while back but never got around to play it until now(so many games, so little time am I right?).
Overall it's enjoyable. Story carries after the events of the second game and the books, many known characters make a cameo. The gameplay is not as complex and hard as the first one, but it offers enough of a challenge(unlike DA2) to still be interesting, although magic is not as fun as in the first one. The crafting system is a bit confusing and clunky, but one can get used to it. The one major problem I have with the game is that it offers less skills all around and that you can only put 8 skill in the skill bar. What bugs me a bit is a minor character that changes the lore on qunary social norms.
I found it was an okay game. A lot of the side content gets pretty tedious though (very MMO-style kill X amount of things, fetch this, fetch that, find the secret stash, that type of thing). The main content is pretty good though, and I liked many of the characters. As for the limit to skills, I found I didn't even use all eight available, so you might not find that as restrictive as it seems.

Overall, I felt it was worth the discount purchase, but it's a far cry from the first game.
I just finished the Saints Row series and Red Faction Guerrilla (which could have been soo much better) and started playing Drakensang The River of time. Unfortunately I ran into a problem that no one else seems to have had (I think it is a bug, but not sure) so I am hoping to be able to download the risen series (I LOVED Gothic) and play that.

Otherwise I am thinking of finally trying to finish NeverWinter Nights 2 (way too many bugs have impeded my progress) as I did like it but with all the bugs, it really set me back (I am the type of person who cannot go back X gameplay hours and replay stuff I have just done, I have to wait a while before I can replay games like that)