It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Factory Idle
Replaying the Witcher.
rocking some mega turrican on genesis for a while then heading after that for some metal warriors on snes.
I'm currently playing <span class="bold">DEEP SPACE WAIFU</span> in between Skyrim and Oblivion.
I just finished Fallout 3 and (for the first time) all the DLC with roughly 77 hours of playtime. Still good fun, even if a lot of the Capital Wasteland is quite samey in parts. Some of the DLC stuff was better than others. My list of the most enjoyed is as follows: Mothership Zeta, then The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and Operation Anchorage.

I love being able to target enemies' guns. Too tough of a foe? Shoot their gun out of their hands. I didn't remember Fawkes being so OP. Once I had him with me he pretty much killed anything by himself... that is if he's able to squeeze through doorways. Heh. Dogmeat didn't feel all that useful this time around. Too many times running off to attack distant enemies to get himself killed. He's a much better distraction than being all that great for attack.

I'll probably take a break from Fallout before tackling more via New Vegas. Haven't made my mind up yet as to what to play next.
I am currently playing thimbleweed park and actually really enjoying it.
I lied! I ended up hopping right into Fallout: New Vegas a couple hours later - my second playthrough now, and I also haven't played the DLC here before. I forgot how much crafting there can be done in this game. A little too much me thinks, especially considering I keep collecting stuff I practically never end up using. That's what happens when you play like a pack rat. Hell, by the time I finished FO3 I still had like 500+ stimpaks and an ungodly amount of ammo left. So much so that I just kept spamming nuka grenades during the last few hours of that game. ;) Anyway, I do get the feeling that Obsidian decided to add complexity to some of the things "just because." Adding a ton of extra temporary modifier consumables tends to just clog up my inventory, too. There's a reason why I have some mixed feelings about this entry. I do like the gunsight ability though and some of the new weapons like the cowboy repeater - the Lincoln repeater was my favorite gun of FO3 until I got the alien disruptor rifle - and the caravan shotgun. I guess I like me some of these older mechanism type guns. I really enjoyed laying waste to the first posse of Powder Gangers with a mere 3 sticks of dynamite. ;)

So yeah, I'm still having a good time. :)
All for the first time:

Primordia
Deadpool
The Saboteur
Star Wars KOTOR 2
Pyschonauts
Godeater Resurrection

Also completed Cry of Fear this morning so going to pick a new horror game from my library tonight to start playing...

Edit: After much deliberation I decided to go for Dread Out - fancied some Asian style creepy horror...
Post edited June 25, 2017 by heartburnron
nothing is grabbing me
Trying to learn my way around in Knights of Honor, an RTS. Currently on sale on Steam and for some reason NOT for sale here on GOG :-( I still have not made out where the head or the tail is.
Themken: Trying to learn my way around in Knights of Honor, an RTS. Currently on sale on Steam and for some reason NOT for sale here on GOG :-( I still have not made out where the head or the tail is.
Hey, that looks pretty nice.
Themken: Trying to learn my way around in Knights of Honor, an RTS. Currently on sale on Steam and for some reason NOT for sale here on GOG :-( I still have not made out where the head or the tail is.
tinyE: Hey, that looks pretty nice.
I did try starting a discussion thread about it but noone ever wrote in that after my boring opening post.
Post edited June 25, 2017 by Themken
Still playing Fallout Tactics (with the Redux 1.3 mod), a few missions to go. I'm now in a situation where I'd almost want to restart from the beginning or half-way from the game, because I feel I'd wanted to do something differently. This sometimes happens especially with RPGs, yoiu feel "why didn't I make my character/party like this in the beginning?" etc.

So, the game lets my characters choose a new perk every third level up (for ghoul and mutant characters it is something else (every fourth?), but my party is all human). Perks are those extra features that somehow enhance your characters in special ways, you are always looking forward to being able to pick new perks.

So, there was this "Divine Favor" perk that became available to my lead character at level 14, but its description was so vague that I never chose it. It just says something about higher powers taking special interest to you and blaa blaa. Most perks explain quite clearly how they improve your character, but this perk doesn't.

Only now I got to google what that perk was all about, and god damn it:

- It gives a +1 to your highest ability (strength, perception, endurance... whichever is currently the highest for you), which is nice of course.
- After getting this perk, you'll get to choose a new perk every second level up, not every third!

And now my character is already at level 24! God damn it, how many "free" perks I could have received by getting this perk already at level 14! I tried my best to read some character creation FAQs when I started the game, but none mentioned this super-important perk.

This perk will be available only for characters with Charisma of 8 or higher, so I am also surprised this wasn't mentioned anywhere back when I read about whether Charisma matters to your character (some FO:T FAQs claim CHA is almost completely useless to the game, some say it matters what kind of recruits will become available to you; I don't find the latter too important because I like to get my recruits early on so that I can develop them the way I want from the very start (veteran recruits usually have some preselected perks which are pretty much useless and I wouldn't have chosen myself). Why none of those FAQs or forum discussions mentioned that you need high CHA for this particular perk?!?

So if you are thinking of starting to play Fallout Tactics (I suggest using the Redux mod as it fixes many problems), make sure that:

1. Your main character has Charisma = 8, or at least 7 (you can later bump it up to 8 with a special perk that gives +1 to Charisma). Same for any recruits which might have either CHA 7/8 of course, e.g. I have one recruit who had CHA 7 so I now picked up the perk to bump CHA to 8 so that I can later pick this "Divine Favor" perk for her too.

2. When you reach level 14, make sure to select the "Divine Favor" perk. End of discussion, just do it. You'll love the extra perks you get later.

So yes, with this I'd like to restart the whole game... but I just don't see myself playing this particular game all over again from the start. It was just too stressing and time-consuming, this one playthrough will have to do for now. Maybe in my next life.

It is interesting to think that earlier I was actually thinking of restarting the game from the start, by minimizing the CHA ability (and use the points to more important abilities like Perception, Agility and Endurance; high Strength isn't as important as you get power armors later on anyway; and there are also extra perks to overcome low strength (like the perk letting you carry more stuff, or another perk to let you use weapons with high STR requirements), as back then I still believed it is a pretty useless ability on your character (like many forum discussions and FAQs suggested). Glad I didn't do THAT!
Post edited June 26, 2017 by timppu
Currently alternating between Sokobond and Age of Decadence. Wonderful games, both.
Just started playing Headlander. I'm enjoying it so far, mostly just because of the odd concept and the retro-1970s style. Seems like a typical Double Fine game - long on charm, competent but uninspired action.