It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jade Cocoon, the PS1 game, on my PS3.

It's an interesting JRPG. For one thing, it's not all that long. I hear you get around 10-12 hours of gameplay out of it, and indeed, I get the feeling that I'm nearing the end at the 9 hour mark. It's a very rigidly structured game that doesn't really reward retreading your steps - it basically consists of a menu-driven village, a hub world and four separate areas to which you teleport, none of which are particularly large. Once you've finished doing your deeds in each area, there's no reason to go back. The game area is (deliberately) kept very small, comprising said village and the surrounding woodland, and it's a very intimate, and in places very sad story. Combat is basically a poor Pokémon knockoff, but it works and looks good, even if you can't listen to that battle music anymore after a while. And the German voice actor for the Yamu creatures makes you want to strangle someone nearby.

For a one-disc game, there's a heckuva lot of voice acting (of a quality debatable even relative to late 90s gaming standards) and FMV, and it's worth mentioning that the game is the first with Studio Ghibli's involvement. Even the 3D bears some of the hallmarks of Ghibli's style, which for a PS1 is impressive.
Pokemon Uranium! Gotta catch them all!
Lennus 2. From my perspective, here are some pros and cons in comparison to Paladin's Quest, at least so far:

+: Can get mercenaries right away, and can equip them
+: Magic improves even if it's not used, instead improving based off which enemies you're fighting
+: After using a bottle outside of combat, don't need to go back through the menu to use it again
+: Can save almost anywhere (apparently there are times you can't, but I haven't reached any yet)
+: Game has locally nonlinear portions

-: No mercenary equipment makes them less unique
-: Have to choose a specific element of spells for the main character, and if you choose wrong, your magic will often be useless
-: Your use of spells during battle doesn't affect spell growth
-: Elements aren't differentiated in any way (in Paladin's Quest, Break > Bolt > Fire, with the stronger ones costing more HP)
-: HP costs of spells are very low compared to max HP, making spells not risky enough
-: Too much cutscenes and dialogue before the first encounter
-: Some cutscenes where some spirit-like things talk to you have slow text which can't be sped up

*: Early game random encounters are harder (maybe a bit too hard for this early in the game). I have seen enemies early on that, in Paladin's Quest, didn't appear until the southern continent (like one that uses/resists lightning and splits when hit with physical attacks)
*: Paladin's Quest's most powerful weapon, the Wind sw, is powerful because it hits twice. I have *already* found a weapon with that property in Lennus 2 (the Twin Arrow) and apparently there are weapons that hit even *more* times
*: I have already had a game over from a random battle

Edit: One more I just remembered:
-: Lots of cave dungeons in Lennus 2. Paladin's Quest had a bigger variety of dungeons and fewer caves.

Edit 2: Another thing I remembered:
-: You can't see how many doses of medicine you have left during battle. (In Paladin's Quest, you could.)
Post edited October 18, 2016 by dtgreene
I ran right into one of those mathematical squares in 999, all the columns and diagonals have to add up to the same number. Hmm, this might take awhile. I could look up that particular mathematical square but I refuse.

It seems they are called magic squares.
Near the end of Fallout 2 (just preparing the tanker to go to the oil rig), I face this serious, possibly gamebreaking, bug:

https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/crash_at_green_exit_grid/post4

I wonder if the Killap patch would have prevented that? God damn if I had just know not to e.g. hoard those damn holodisks, and keep adding them to my pipboy...
Just bought the Legion expansion for World of Warcraft and 6 months game time and I'm having fun. My lvl 73 Pandaren Monk is doing nicely in Northrend so will be ready for Legion soon.

But I love WoW for like 5-6 months and then I need a break that lasts a few years and then I pick it up again. But WoW is still going strong I can tell.
Still playing Pokemon Platinum on the DS and Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines.

Just beat the 4th gym leader in Platinum (Fighting type) and I was very sad to learn that you can't get Mismagius in Platinum, except via trading, because it's my favourite Pokemon of all time. Oh well at least I have the other 3 : Gardevoir, Vaporeon and Roserade.

As for VTMB I am in Chinatown and I'm trying to do sidequests. I think I'm near the end of the game. When I finish it I think I'm gonna focus on Pillars of Eternity
Post edited October 18, 2016 by AxHell
Gothic 3

Thanks to the Community Patch and upgrading to a slightly better old PC i can finally play this.

I have probably played for 50+ hours (i'm at level 60) so far and i enjoy it. Gothic 3 is not as great as the first two games but it's still a good game and i'm looking forward to kick Xardas' butt. :D
Hehe, I think I just solved the 999 magic square.

Take that, videogame.
First time playing Dark Souls... I am amazed!!
The Room 2

Which should be on gog ( [url=https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/the_room_two]PLEASE ?)

It is, expectedly, a tad more surreal than the original, which started nicely rational, and ended up a bit crazy. But it is still the same principle, the one that The ABC Murders borrowed for so many puzzles : You are in front of a box. Open it.

Turn it around until you find something that slides, put the revealed piece in that slot, turn the dials that popped up behind in order to match the symbols on the cover, and behold, a mysterious clockwork mechanism splits the box open to reveal another box. But how does it open ?

Gorgeous sounds and graphics, intuitive interface, cool atmosphere, and amusing puzzles, ranging from trivial to devious. It's a basic game, with a pretext plot. But if you ever felt like toying with lemarchand's lament configuration in a safer environment, just for its mechanism's sake, here's a nice puzzle box simulator walking a fine line on suspension disbelief ("wait, was there enough room for all these cogs and wheels and mechanisms inside ? uh, but the machine seemed to truly depend on them so I guess...").
Post edited October 20, 2016 by Telika
Mount and Blade Warband!

I've tried this game twice(the vanilla and with Prophesy of Pendor mod) and both quit because a lot of time consuming and too difficult to besiege castles.
But this time I played it with Gekokujo mod, and so far I enjoyed it a lot.
I join in Oda clan and after get a town, I betrayed Nobunaga sama and became an independent Daimyo and soon conquer central area of Japan. But almost all other Daimyos decrease of war on me. :D

Also I'm re-playing Empire Earth campaigns. I've finished ancient Greek campaign and now I'm playing medieval English Campaign,which is almost over (7 of 8 scenarios have finished). My English men prepare to decisive battle with the French!
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Incredibly atmospheric and fun game.
Had to uninstall Sacred 2 because it was just too buggy; now I need something bloody and not too hard on the brain.

Maybe I'll finally get around to trying out Rune.
Playing through Shadow Warrior 2 and Starbound on PC, Yoshi's Wooly World on Wii U when I'm resting in bed. What can I say, I like variety, from gory to cute lol.