It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To all those playing NWN2; if you're interested in trying out any single player modules after you finish the official campaign, I recommend giving the mods Misery Stone and Live Forever a whirl. They're both high quality with good writing and wonderful atmosphere.

Myself, I'm currently playing Legend of Grimrock 2. And it's being quite a tough cookie for my gimped party ;)
timppu: Saints Row 2. Played it a bit, for two hours or so. I seem to understand very little what I am supposed to do, apparently missions are locked out until I receive more respect and shit. I noticed a tag nearby so I started tagging it, but then some green shirt came to shoot me at the back. I shot back, apparently that started a gang war as there is now some gauge with an increasing green bar which fills ups from green kills, and when it fills up, I get one more skull to the gauge.

I presume I am supposed to keep fighting until the skulls are all over the gauge. Let's see what happens then, maybe some missions unlock.

Like so often with GTA clones, I keep juggling with the gamepad and mouse+keyboard. Driving with the gamepad, while on foot and especially in firefights the mouse+keyboard. It also instructs me constantly to push some gamepad buttons so I'll have to do that, as I don't recall which are the keyboard equivalents.
I know this is several hours afterwards but when you start a non-mission related fight in Saints Row you have to stop fighting and hide if you want the "heat" to go away. If you keep attacking gang members they'll keep coming in bigger waves as the heat increases. You can gain respect by buying clothes (yes, really), doing side missions, doing jumps and stuff like that.
NoNewTaleToTell: I know this is several hours afterwards but when you start a non-mission related fight in Saints Row you have to stop fighting and hide if you want the "heat" to go away. If you keep attacking gang members they'll keep coming in bigger waves as the heat increases. You can gain respect by buying clothes (yes, really), doing side missions, doing jumps and stuff like that.
Oh? So the skulls are merely like those stars with cops in GTA games? No price waiting if you are able to "collect" all(?) skulls?

Good to know then, I'll stop trying then. :) Since it was the enemy gang members who initiated the fight (because they saw me making a tag?), I presumed it was some side mission I was supposed to clear, with violence. Or a similar "protect/occupy an area from a rival gang" kind of thing like in GTA San Andreas.

I was actually doing quite well against the rival gang, I think I didn't have much problem handling them until the fifth (last?) skull or so, even though I am playing hardest difficulty level. That's also why I presumed it is some kind of side-mission I am supposed to finish. In e.g. GTA games the policemen become quite unbearable earlier.

Not sure why I find SR2 more confusing than e.g. the GTA games (played and finished GTA3, VC and SA so far). Maybe all these things were explained in a tutorial in the beginning of the game, but I don't recall anymore. I don't really care for any of clothing and decoration stuff, I just want to play missions and blow things up. In GTA SA, I found all those girlfriend sidemissions just irritating.

Running it with the "Gentlemen's Row" mod by the way, to take care of those potential CPU timing issues which IIRC may break some timed missions on the PC version, if your CPU speed is "wrong".
Post edited October 19, 2014 by timppu
NoNewTaleToTell: I know this is several hours afterwards but when you start a non-mission related fight in Saints Row you have to stop fighting and hide if you want the "heat" to go away. If you keep attacking gang members they'll keep coming in bigger waves as the heat increases. You can gain respect by buying clothes (yes, really), doing side missions, doing jumps and stuff like that.
timppu: Oh? So the skulls are merely like those stars with cops in GTA games? No price waiting if you are able to "collect" all(?) skulls?

Good to know then, I'll stop trying then. :) Since it was the enemy gang members who initiated the fight (because they saw me making a tag?), I presumed it was some side mission I was supposed to clear, with violence. Or a similar "protect/occupy an area from a rival gang" kind of thing like in GTA San Andreas.

I was actually doing quite well against the rival gang, I think I didn't have much problem handling them until the fifth (lats?) skull or so, even though I am playing hardest difficulty level. That's also why I presumed it is some kind of side-mission I am supposed to finish. In e.g. GTA games the policemen become quite unbearable earlier.

Not sure why I find SR2 more confusing than e.g. the GTA games (played and finished GTA3, VC and SA so far). Running it with the "Gentlemen's Row" mod by the way, to take care of those potential CPU timing issues which IIRC may break some timed missions on the PC version, if your CPU speed is "wrong".
Well you can farm them for money (and maybe small amounts of respect, I can't quite remember) but that's about it.

To complete the tagging mission(s) you have to complete the tag and yeah, enemy gang members will attack occasionally. However it's best to try and finish the tag as quickly as possible instead of engaging the enemies. If I remember right, the police will help you against gang members if they see them attacking you first, and you can definitely randomly stumble upon the police fighting gangs around the city too, which is neat.

Yeah the enemies in the Saints Row games are fairly easy to deal with, though in Saints Row The Third they start showing up with...bigger members and toys haha. In the GTA games you're always kinda vulnerable whereas in the Saints Row series you're pretty much the baddest thing on two feet from the very beginning of the game.

The best way to think of the Saints Row series is to think Ps2 era GTA games mixed with Scarface: The World Is Yours (if you've played it) mixed with over the top...well...everything, heck you've obviously played the first mission.

Saints Row 2 is definitely quite fun but I had to give up on due to it having a lot random problems that (fan) patches and fixes wouldn't fix, Saints Row The Third is a bit better to me anyway, it's a lot more polished and more "accessible (and I don't mean dumbed down). The speed issues do more than mess with timed missions though, it can make driving with any amount of precision over five miles per hour impossible.
NoNewTaleToTell: The speed issues do more than mess with timed missions though, it can make driving with any amount of precision over five miles per hour impossible.
Yeah I've seen some videos about that, but on this PC where I am playing it, driving feels ok even without that fan mods. But I installed the mods anyway and modified the game speed after doing the timed driving test, revealing that the game is not quite running at the correct speed on this PC either. Just so that I wouldn't face the timed mission issues later on.
I'm still playing Race The Sun about once per day.
I scored 1.5 mil points today! YAY! That's pretty good for me.
CharlesGrey: By the time I get back to a game I haven't played in a few weeks or months, I usually forget how the controls and gameplay works. :P
Lol. I totaly know what you are talking about. :)

Nah, I don't play any games atm. But, I did finish the first three games from the Blackwell series few days ago. Enjoyed them, even if the games are really short.
Wasteland 2. Getting really involved into the story and characters. A game is a bit buggy (nothing major so far) but darn me, im really having fun with it.
hearthstone,witcher 2,, soon heroes of might & magic 1

(done with eufloria hd for now :P)
xy2345: Yes, I've transferred the characters from Strahd's Possession into the Stone Prophet.
toxicTom: *Envy*

I never had Strahd's Possession, but have a copy of Stone Prophet lying around (if the CD still works): I died off in the first chapter of Menzoberranzan (same engine) for sheer boredom, and years later I heard that the Ravenloft "series" is a lot better. But then part 1 one had become quite a rarity (while Stone Prophet was still available).
Take a look here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ravenloff-DER-FLUCH-DES-GRAFEN-von-1994-AD-D-/171505308528?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item27ee835370

But sadly the disk version is unplayable due to bugs.

This version works fine, though:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/AD-D-Strahds-Possession-Genies-Curse-Shattered-Lands-PC-Games-/400560573524?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5d43454c54
I'm currently playing 12 Labours of Hercules and Tribloos 2. They are quite similar and good clean fun to play. :D
Richard & Alice. I've spent fifteen minutes playing it and I'm pretty sure it'll be on the quit list before it hits the one hour mark. It looks okay but the writing so far has been less than interesting at best which is an issue considering the sheer amount of text. It tried but failed to set a mood and atmosphere and the conversation(s) have been just not very good.
Still Aquaria.
It's really good.
Gangsters 2.
Ward "Bullseye" Coley just topped my old man, but before I could go after him I had to get my mouse working.
I had run the setup program with compatibility for Win98, but oddly I needed to run the game with compatibility with for Win XP SP3 (which the setup program wouldn't run under)
Now if I can just hook up with Sweetheart McCloud & find the Hex edit to give Bane the getaway driver skill
(who knew cars made in the 1920's were so slow)

I'm coming for you Constintine.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by olnorton
Well it's real hard for me to get off Talisman Digital ed. ... play the HELL out of that one, added reaper and frostmarch, (well worth it) and a few new characters as well.
Also playing NWN (for the first time) and just trying to get out of act I

Picked up 7 days to Die as well... played it quite a while one night, was horrible, and decided I/we would need better strategy and maybe a few pointers from guides how to do better... still haven't gotten back to it though