It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Ganni1987: While I can understand where some people are coming at, they tend to forget GOG staff are also human and have a life outside the office.

From my side I say thank you for the work you do, I think people are forgetting that devs can push updates to Galaxy in a similar fashion as Steam (correct me if I'm wrong here) and it's perfectly normal that the offline installers can be delayed sometimes.

Only thing I'd really wish to see are the update notifications back.

Test
i think you are mistaken with my point of view :

first i don't ask to gog's staff members to work more than they should do. There's no discussion on this matter.... they have their own life, and have the right to rest , take vacations etc...

second ; if Thiev has too much work, maybe the reason is elsewhere :

GOG have to maintain the client & the website at the same time, sure they use some tools to automate the process.

But since the client started the use of the library is more & more painful.

I'm aware the offline builds are delayed & i have no problem with that,. However i have a massive issue how the web user library is handled... no more notification, lack of changelogs sometimes, odd naming convention and i can continue.... without forgetting now the games builds seems to be updated more often (because of the extra features included in the offline installers which should be available to use with the client. (if there's an issue with one of those, the build will be updated. Even if there's no new game content or if a game gets a new feature : ie : cloud saves.))

So in other words : as usual GOG's main problem is communication and maybe manpower.

in other hand you can't blame some customers which have no desire to use the client to write there, they are unhappy with the situation i mentioned.

sorry for the long answer., but clarifications were necessary.
Post edited June 24, 2017 by DyNaer
high rated
kbnrylaec: While they are really ugly, I think the new name/version scheme is much more clear, and matches upstream version/build.
I agree that GOG's naming scheme badly needed an overhaul. But using parentheses only because the building system is too stupid to recognize that the last part of the name is the build number and needs parentheses for that, really? When it at least would be a real build number... Obviously it is not, as there are already installers for games with the same "build" number which are different.

Thiev: It was automated process, but handling changelogs are not part of that.
Clever designed, congrats!

kbnrylaec: GOG should at least rename the newly-auto-build installers.
Same filename with different filesize and checksum make a lot of confusion.
Thiev: Number in bracket corresponds to online build used for generation. Since they were generated from exactly the same build, the number is the same.
When "exactly the same build" results in different installers then your build system has a major design flaw.

Thiev: Oh yes. Because I would be doing offline updates at 1AM during weekend if that was the case.
It is not against you personally. You are one of the most helpful people from GOG. But as it looks you are doing kind of a sisyphus job.
It's against some people at GOG which decide to tear apart working things without having a replacement or the manpower to implement a replacement or even taking the required manpower into account at all and making things for customers worse and worse.
Post edited June 24, 2017 by eiii
muntdefems: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: DLC: Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC) --- File size: 303.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: DLC: Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3) --- File size: 115.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

[NO CHANGELOG]
...and no files? At least I do not have any soundtrack in my account yet.

Ganni1987: The Soundtracks for Icewind Dale EE and BGEE 1 & 2 have been added on Steam just yesterday, what you saw is a 99% clear sign that they are also coming to GOG. :-)
Let's see how they get added...

Strange update to the API nevertheless when the links and the meta data get added, but not the corresponding files.

Edit: Oh, I missed that "DLC:" in front of the file description. :/
muntdefems: NOTE: I'm not sure about the addition of soundtracks to the Beamdog EE games... They appear in GOG's API, but they are definitely not in my library. :\
as far as I can tell they are not added as additional bonus to the game, but as separate DLCs.
Meaning you'd have to buy them first. (once they become available in the store)
immi101: as far as I can tell they are not added as additional bonus to the game, but as separate DLCs.
Of course, the EE editions are too cheap to add the soundtrack as a bonus, as opposed to the original games where the soundtrack is included. ;)
eiii: When "exactly the same build" results in different installers then your build system has a major design flaw.
Build here means the game files. So wrapping the same game files in a different way (using a higher compression for example) would result in "exactly the same build" giving different installers, without the (installer) build system having any kind of flaw.

The number in parentheses has nothing to do with GOG, just the game's version.
JMich: Build here means the game files. So wrapping the same game files in a different way (using a higher compression for example) would result in "exactly the same build" giving different installers, without the (installer) build system having any kind of flaw.

The number in parentheses has nothing to do with GOG, just the game's version.
When something in GOG's build environment changes then it's not exactly the same build anymore and GOG's version number should be increased. A build system which delivers different results under the same version number definitely is flawed. No matter what changes the result, it should be reflected in the version number.
eiii: When something in GOG's build environment changes then it's not exactly the same build anymore and GOG's version number should be increased.
Yes. I agree. The number in parentheses though is not GOG's build number, but the game's build number, which changes to the installer do not modify.

eiii: A build system which delivers different results under the same version number definitely is flawed. No matter what changes the result, it should be reflected in the version number.
Also agree. So GOG's version (the GOG-3a for example) should change, even if the number in parentheses (what Thiev calls online build) remains the same.
seppelfred: Exactly. Bring back the notifications. The actual situation is a slap in the face of your customers. Don't try to force us to use galaxy.
If GOG is continuing this path they will only force us to use another game dealer, I guess.
muntdefems: NOTE: I'm not sure about the addition of soundtracks to the Beamdog EE games... They appear in GOG's API, but they are definitely not in my library. :\
immi101: as far as I can tell they are not added as additional bonus to the game, but as separate DLCs.
Meaning you'd have to buy them first. (once they become available in the store)
Upon reflection, that's how it'll undoubtly work. The fact that they are all marked as 'DLC' is a clear indication that they'll come as a separate store product.
high rated
Ganni1987: While I can understand where some people are coming at, they tend to forget GOG staff are also human and have a life outside the office.

From my side I say thank you for the work you do, I think people are forgetting that devs can push updates to Galaxy in a similar fashion as Steam (correct me if I'm wrong here) and it's perfectly normal that the offline installers can be delayed sometimes.

Only thing I'd really wish to see are the update notifications back.

Test
DyNaer: i think you are mistaken with my point of view :

first i don't ask to gog's staff members to work more than they should do. There's no discussion on this matter.... they have their own life, and have the right to rest , take vacations etc...

second ; if Thiev has too much work, maybe the reason is elsewhere :

GOG have to maintain the client & the website at the same time, sure they use some tools to automate the process.

But since the client started the use of the library is more & more painful.

I'm aware the offline builds are delayed & i have no problem with that,. However i have a massive issue how the web user library is handled... no more notification, lack of changelogs sometimes, odd naming convention and i can continue.... without forgetting now the games builds seems to be updated more often (because of the extra features included in the offline installers which should be available to use with the client. (if there's an issue with one of those, the build will be updated. Even if there's no new game content or if a game gets a new feature : ie : cloud saves.))

So in other words : as usual GOG's main problem is communication and maybe manpower.

in other hand you can't blame some customers which have no desire to use the client to write there, they are unhappy with the situation i mentioned.

sorry for the long answer., but clarifications were necessary.
Exactly. The problem are not people like Thief or Judas but the general course GOG is going here. With Galaxy getting in the focus the offline part and this whole web site is getting neglected in general. Meaning more manpower for Galaxy and less for the offline installers. Somebody out there still remembering how GOG now offered the solution to maintain TWO kind of offline installers - one with Galaxy in it and one without it? The most complicated, unnecessary and time consuming method they could do (and there were many better and easier suggested in the thread regarding this). And maybe I did miss something but since we are now months without any notifications did GOG ever give an ETA when this is about to change? Sorry GOG but here is the point where my feelings for you really start to suffer (and I am all about feelings). If you (again, I am talking to GOG and not specific persons) go a specific path which leads to downsides for the paying customer it's hard to feel for you. It's a pitty that the working crew like Judas and Thief is suffering because of this but I will not defend you anymore. Now that I am lied to by support the whole situation has gotten even worse for me. I really urge you to listen to our feedback (like you said you would) and let those veteran users enjoy this site again. Bring back the basics and delay the Galaxy development just a bit.
high rated
More movement with the 'Enhanced Edition Soundtracks', and the offline Darkest Dungeon installers (...for Windows only) promised by Thiev:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
· Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
· Darkest Dungeon
· Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: DLC: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC)

* File removed: DLC: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3)

* File added: DLC: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC) --- File size: 325.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: DLC: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3) --- File size: 120.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

[NO CHANGELOG]

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: DLC: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC)

* File removed: DLC: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3)

* File added: DLC: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC) --- File size: 559.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: DLC: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3) --- File size: 212.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

[NO CHANGELOG]

Darkest Dungeon has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Patch 20108 --- File name: patch_darkest_dungeon_19990_(12869)_to_20108_(12958).exe --- File size: 6.6 MB --- Date: Fri 23 Jun 2017 22:35:53 GMT --- Version: 12869 -> 12958

* File changed: DLC: Kickstarter: Windows installer, English --- File size *FROM* 23.0 MB *TO* 22.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 19990 *TO* 20108

* File changed: DLC: The Crimson Court: Windows installer, English --- File size *FROM* 321.0 MB *TO* 322.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 19990 *TO* 20108

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name *FROM* setup_darkest_dungeon_19990_(12869).exe *TO* setup_darkest_dungeon_20108_(12958).exe --- Size has not changed (1.7 GB) --- Date *FROM* Tue 20 Jun 2017 05:25:31 GMT *TO* Fri 23 Jun 2017 22:40:43 GMT --- Version *FROM* 19990 *TO* 20108

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 20105 (23 June 2017)

Darkest Dungeon
- Mac and PC performance improvements: Please let us know if you were having problems and this solves it for you!
- Virtuous resistance buffs increased: may heroic heroes continue to carry the day!
- Madman: Accusation now causes horror instead of simple stress
- Updated Occultist and Crusader combat idle
- Fix to controller crash in embark screen when unequipping all your trinkets.
- Fix to quirk replacement.

The Crimson Court
- Fanatic: Righteous Condemnation base damage reduced
- Holy Stake base damage reduced, marked target dmg reduced
- Brand Tainted crit chance removed
- Beat Down base damage reduced, crit chance increased
- Fury of the Righteous base damage reduced, stress AOE reduced
- Fanatic Pyre: corrected insane damage error at Champion level (OUR BAD)
- Blueprints are now retroactively awarded for Veteran and Champion boss kills when converting older save files and unlocking the Districts.
- Districts only accessible on the main Hamlet screen. (No longer can be opened on Embark/Provisions)
- Fixed bug where people get kicked out of raids when turning on DLC.
- Activity contagion has proper backdrop in activity log
- Fixed strings

Patch 20092 (23 June 2017)
- Significantly increased blood drop rates (in some cases doubling)

Patch 20074 (23 June 2017)

The Crimson Court DLC:
- Added missing translations. (About 10% of the Crimson Court text was still in English only.)
- With very few exceptions, all text in the DLC should now be translated to the current 9 languages. (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Br-Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Czech.)
- Note: We are reviewing other languages to translate to.

Patch 20063 (23 June 2017)

Darkest Dungeon
- Correct Shamblers and Collectors to be proper difficulty for Veteran and Champion quests
- For now, heroes will not retreat from battle when afflicted (we may improve this functionality later)

The Crimson Court
- More Castellans (who drop Invites) will appear for Baron Quest at High Infestation.
- Core region blood drops slightly increased (note: yesterday we increased overall blood drops from Bloodsucker mashes)
- Croc: decreased HP some and removed Cure Self on Submerge for Apprentice and Veteran level
- Infestation schedules shortened, especially the first one

Patch 20048 (23 June 2017)

Darkest Dungeon
- Various String Fixes
- New Ancestor Narration lines properly hooked up, as well as reducing the frequency of the new Heal Narration lines.

The Crimson Court
- Sanguine Vintners now properly adds 2 blood to your hamlet inventory each week.
- Added animations to the banners around the hamlet.
- Slightly increased BLOODSUCKER and specifically CASTELLAN appearance rates on High Infestation (Should result in more Invitations)
- Increase to Blood drop rates (note: we intend for blood to be somewhat rare, but not "frustratingly rare". We will continue to monitor it!)
- The Baron Quest Icon now colored to correct indicate its Dungeon Tier (L3/Veteran)
- CRASH FIX for our Spanish players who are using Districts (lo siento…)
- Reduced the MAX WEEKS of LOW INFESTATION by 1 (You should hit Medium infest sooner)
- Added Use Limits to Torches in the Courtyard and Blood on Cursed Characters. (Can no longer spam torches/blood for buffs in combat)
- Fixed some of the +DMG skill modifiers for specific monster types.
- Chevaliers will no longer pass turns when standing behind three corpses. (silly bugs!)
- Crocodilian now Cures Bleed/Blight when submerging
- Various String Fixes
(Full changelog)

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: DLC: Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC)

* File removed: DLC: Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3)

* File added: DLC: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC) --- File size: 303.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: DLC: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3) --- File size: 115.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

[NO CHANGELOG]
eiii: Of course, the EE editions are too cheap to add the soundtrack as a bonus, as opposed to the original games where the soundtrack is included. ;)
the beauty of capitalism ^^
sadly there seems to be a trend in general towards selling the soundtrack separately.
why content yourself with ripping off your customers once, if you can rip them off twice :p
muntdefems: Speaking of time machines, you should check yours. AFAIK, both May 29 and June 1 come after May 24 and May 25. :P
Slapping my forehead and laughing here. No need to check mine, it's definitely broken, and the defect is getting worse - I went through the whole of Wednesday this week thinking it was still Tuesday. Now I can't put apart dates a week apart.

*gets down to re-calibrating time machine before things get any worse*
little_helper: ---------------------------

Victor Vran has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873).exe *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520).exe --- File size *FROM* 714.3 KB *TO* 720.9 KB --- Date *FROM* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:44 GMT *TO* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:21:08 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (20170619) *TO* 2.07 (DCU)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873)-1.bin *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520)-1.bin --- Size has not changed (4.0 GB) --- Date *FROM* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:22 GMT *TO* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:20:44 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (20170619) *TO* 2.07 (DCU)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873)-2.bin *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520)-2.bin --- File size *FROM* 87.3 MB *TO* 91.2 MB --- Date *FROM* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:27 GMT *TO* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:20:50 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (20170619) *TO* 2.07 (DCU)

[NO CHANGELOG]

Hello,

Victor Vran's offline installer was reversed to the previous version.(2.07 DCU).

I was wondering if someone got information about that?
A big issue with the new version (2.07 20170619) or a little mistake?

Thank you.