It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

little_helper: ---------------------------

Victor Vran has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873).exe *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520).exe --- File size *FROM* 714.3 KB *TO* 720.9 KB --- Date *FROM* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:44 GMT *TO* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:21:08 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (20170619) *TO* 2.07 (DCU)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873)-1.bin *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520)-1.bin --- Size has not changed (4.0 GB) --- Date *FROM* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:22 GMT *TO* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:20:44 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (20170619) *TO* 2.07 (DCU)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873)-2.bin *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520)-2.bin --- File size *FROM* 87.3 MB *TO* 91.2 MB --- Date *FROM* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:27 GMT *TO* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:20:50 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (20170619) *TO* 2.07 (DCU)

[NO CHANGELOG]

---------------------------
ggzx12: Hello,

Victor Vran's offline installer was reversed to the previous version.(2.07 DCU).

I was wondering if someone got information about that?
A big issue with the new version (2.07 20170619) or a little mistake?

Thank you.
Hi,

The proper installers have been reinstated for all 3 Victor Vran products. We're going to be looking into what happened with the installers on our end :)
Hi guys! Don't know if this ist the right place, but it seems that GOG will pick up a faster pace for updates in the future...

www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=517084&postcount=84
high rated
diegozone3000: Hi guys! Don't know if this ist the right place, but it seems that GOG will pick up a faster pace for updates in the future...

www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=517084&postcount=84
Lemme guess... Thanks to Galaxy?

JudasIscariot: The proper installers have been reinstated for all 3 Victor Vran products. We're going to be looking into what happened with the installers on our end :)
Indeed they have, along with a fix for the Guacamelee! Gold Edition Linux launcher:

Games included in this batch:

· Guacamelee! Gold Edition
· Victor Vran

Guacamelee! Gold Edition has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- File name has not changed (gog_guacamelee_gold_edition_2.0.0.3.sh) --- Size has not changed (528.1 MB) --- Date *FROM* Wed 05 Apr 2017 11:43:47 GMT *TO* Sat 24 Jun 2017 22:54:28 GMT

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
Update (24 June 2017)

- Fixed the start.sh script in the Linux version of Guacamelee Gold.
(Full changelog)

Victor Vran has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Patch 2.07 (20170619) --- File name: patch_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520)_to_2.07(20170619)_(12873).exe --- File size: 3.4 MB --- Date: Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:49:18 GMT --- Version: [empty]

* File changed: DLC: Fractured Worlds: Windows installer, English --- File size *FROM* 224.0 MB *TO* 223.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (DCU) *TO* 2.07 (20170619)

* File changed: DLC: Motörhead - Through the Ages: Windows installer, English --- File size *FROM* 782.0 MB *TO* 781.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (DCU) *TO* 2.07 (20170619)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520).exe *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873).exe --- File size *FROM* 720.9 KB *TO* 714.3 KB --- Date *FROM* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:21:08 GMT *TO* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:44 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (DCU) *TO* 2.07 (20170619)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520)-1.bin *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873)-1.bin --- Size has not changed (4.0 GB) --- Date *FROM* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:20:44 GMT *TO* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:22 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (DCU) *TO* 2.07 (20170619)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- File name *FROM* setup_victor_vran_2.07_(dcu)_(12520)-2.bin *TO* setup_victor_vran_2.07(20170619)_(12873)-2.bin --- File size *FROM* 91.2 MB *TO* 87.3 MB --- Date *FROM* Sat 10 Jun 2017 21:20:50 GMT *TO* Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:59:27 GMT --- Version *FROM* 2.07 (DCU) *TO* 2.07 (20170619)

[NO CHANGELOG]
zambrey: [...] What is your/GOGs view on this subject matter? [...]
HypersomniacLive: Do you really need to ask? Use the GOG Galaxy client.

Things are really going south for the non GOG Galaxy users.
That's what I thought immediately after posting my little rant.
I rarely complain about these things but I'm sick of GOG people acting like everything is fine here.

Btw, quote taken from GOG downloader page about their view on mandatory clients.
We hate mandatory client apps so this isn't one. You can use it for downloading only or not use it at all and just use your browser.
Yeah, right. It should state as follow:
We love mandatory client apps so this one won't be supported any longer as you can use it for downloading only. And you won't be able to tell what to download because you won't be notified of updated games.
GOG, please, this is a huge problem. Admit that and fix that damn thing once and for all.
Attachments:
Why is the GOG downloader page still up if it hasn't been supported for years(?) now?
muntdefems: Why is the GOG downloader page still up if it hasn't been supported for years(?) now?
Since it's still working fine for me please don't let them remove it just because it is not officially supported anymore. I have an archived copy but if they take down the page and something should happen to my HDD ...
high rated
zambrey: That's what I thought immediately after posting my little rant.
I rarely complain about these things but I'm sick of GOG people acting like everything is fine here.

Btw, quote taken from GOG downloader page about their view on mandatory clients.
We hate mandatory client apps so this isn't one. You can use it for downloading only or not use it at all and just use your browser.
zambrey: Yeah, right. It should state as follow:
We love mandatory client apps so this one won't be supported any longer as you can use it for downloading only. And you won't be able to tell what to download because you won't be notified of updated games.
zambrey: GOG, please, this is a huge problem. Admit that and fix that damn thing once and for all.
What the GOG Downloader page states is pretty much irrelevant after GOG Galaxy was introduced, and it's no longer supported.

OTOH, part of the "GOG Mentality" blurb isn't exactly supported by some of GOG's actions and direction for quite some time, but that's still up too, so there's that.
muntdefems: Why is the GOG downloader page still up if it hasn't been supported for years(?) now?
The fact is the downloder is indeed discontinued, BUT as stated by some staff members the downloader will be working till the migration is totally done.

So, the downloader should still work for most games, but its life is indeed counted .....that's too bad it was a very lightweight software ,VS the client which is above 150 mb .... IF you intend to use the client just for downloading offline installer and getting notifications.......(yikes) that's a "bit" exaggerated for just this use....

Anyway i migrated to a 3rd parry downloader......thanks GOG. Next step...... uhmmm, let's see, oh removing the whole web user library..... sigh /sarcasm
Post edited June 25, 2017 by DyNaer
Honest question: What are the benefits of using a downloader? I just click the files for each game and it's no trouble at all. Click the file, create a new sub-directory and save to it. (or just save if I've already downloaded a file for that particular game)

Tried Galaxy briefly but didn't like it. I might try it again if any of my friends decide to play Victor Vran with me. :) Downloading everything manually makes it easier for me to organize everything, though.
DoomSooth: Honest question: What are the benefits of using a downloader? I just click the files for each game and it's no trouble at all. Click the file, create a new sub-directory and save to it. (or just save if I've already downloaded a file for that particular game)
Here I’m using a command-line downloader, that allows me to download games on my machine even when I’m not at home, or to do mass downloads. It would be really hard to do the same things with a web browser.

LGOGDownloader
DoomSooth: Honest question: What are the benefits of using a downloader? I just click the files for each game and it's no trouble at all. Click the file, create a new sub-directory and save to it. (or just save if I've already downloaded a file for that particular game)

Tried Galaxy briefly but didn't like it. I might try it again if any of my friends decide to play Victor Vran with me. :) Downloading everything manually makes it easier for me to organize everything, though.
a downloader is mostly for the resume function, if a download in progress stops & can't be resumed for whatever reason, then you need to start from scratch, You waste your time & bandwidth, some users have quota , and/or crappy download speed...even in 2017...

Also you can queue a lots of files and continue to do anything else
Post edited June 26, 2017 by DyNaer
HypersomniacLive: Do you really need to ask? Use the GOG Galaxy client.
Thiev: Oh yes. Because I would be doing offline updates at 1AM during weekend if that was the case.
http://s462.photobucket.com/user/4thHorseman/media/GIFS/clapping.gif.html
DoomSooth: Honest question: What are the benefits of using a downloader?
All the things DyNaer said. (Not everyone has the bandwith to download 4Gb files in one sitting)

Also, it creates folders per game inside the destination folder and allows setting bandwith caps if I'm in no hurry to download a game.
Thanks, guys, but I think I'll stick to what I've been doing.
DoomSooth: Thanks, guys, but I think I'll stick to what I've been doing.
I doubt that anybody ever wanted to persuade you to do something different. You asked what the benefit of a downloader would be and they simply answered your question. :)