It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: Perfect! That helped with hanging, though now the text in the game looks all messed up. Interesting thing is, the game worked fine without d3dcompiler_43 before, and there was no this text glitch either. I suppose it's some regression in Wine.
Gydion: IIRC, they actually changed how those DLLs are forwarded. Technically I don't think they would consider it a regression. The text issue could be with a too new version of Freetype if you have the needed fonts.
They did change how those DLL's were forwarded. I believe there was a commit about removing forwards from one of the DirectX DLLs but I'll be damned if I remember which one ...
JudasIscariot: ...
tried diluvion?
JudasIscariot: ...
te_lanus: tried diluvion?
Yes, it runs almost perfectly if you disable d3d11 in Wine's configuration utility. There is one flaw and that is when you go to the map you won't see the names of the landmarks you have discovered. Also, controller support doesn't work out of the box so it seems to require some tweaking.
Has anyone been able to get the Hyperdimension Neptunia games to run in Wine 2.0? They're gold rated on WineHQ but haven't been tested on anything newer than 1.7, so I'm hesitant to pick them up until I know.
Not worth a report since it's a demo, but I just got the Mainlining demo running with Wine Staging 2.0 on Arch Linux.

Everything works perfectly, except one annoying tiny little thing: when using the console (it's called the Mainline, I think), whenever I type a 'u' letter, the command gets erased up to that point. E.g.: if I tried to ping an hypothetical website called www.gug.com by typing 'ping www.gug.com', my command would become 'ug.com' and the Mainline would tell me that it doesn't recognize a 'ug.com' command.

Is this a 'feature' of the demo so you cannot progress in the game? Is it a Wine-related bug? Or a bug of the demo?
king_mosiah: Has anyone been able to get the Hyperdimension Neptunia games to run in Wine 2.0? They're gold rated on WineHQ but haven't been tested on anything newer than 1.7, so I'm hesitant to pick them up until I know.
Which one you want checked exactly?
JudasIscariot: Whatever it is, it's missing and makes for a good point why it's best to try and run things in vanilla Wine :P
Spy_Gentleman: Found the issue and how to fix it!. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

I've used the wired Xbox 360 controller for testing.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
This step is no longer necessary as the issue that was causing the crash has been fixed in Wine 2.1: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41623
Post edited February 04, 2017 by JudasIscariot
king_mosiah: Has anyone been able to get the Hyperdimension Neptunia games to run in Wine 2.0? They're gold rated on WineHQ but haven't been tested on anything newer than 1.7, so I'm hesitant to pick them up until I know.
JudasIscariot: Which one you want checked exactly?
Spy_Gentleman: Found the issue and how to fix it!. The main reason why the game crashes is because it uses the Microsoft Xbox-360 (event) instead of the js one. Disable the event one from the Control Panel and not only the controller will work but also the game. I've updated the summary of it.

EDIT: Turns out that by doing this, the keyboard won't respond to any keys cept from the gamepad (You can however use keyboard shortcuts). But since the game fully supports the gamepad in menus, it doesn't matter and as of the out of focus issue, you don't have to bring it back. So far i've switched to Windows 7 and then tried the Control Panel when the Windows version switching didn't work.
JudasIscariot: This step is no longer necessary as the issue that was causing the crash has been fixed in Wine 2.1: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41623
The first one would be fine.
king_mosiah: The first one would be fine.
The first one. By the way bug 40767 may be a race, wasn't paying close attention, and possibly dependent on what GLX your drivers or the calls the app uses? Not actually sure.
Post edited February 04, 2017 by Gydion
Gydion: The first one. By the way bug 40767 may be a race, wasn't paying close attention, and possibly dependent on what GLX your drivers or the calls the app uses? Not actually sure.
So you have to use Winetricks to get it to run? That explains the problems I had with the Steam version...
Gydion: The first one. By the way bug 40767 may be a race, wasn't paying close attention, and possibly dependent on what GLX your drivers or the calls the app uses? Not actually sure.
Funny thing is that if I don't install any winetricks, I can click on "New Game" and I get the intro scene BUT when I start the game via terminal it opens up two windows: one for the game and one for the intro movies...

If I install any winetricks the game becomes a crashfest...
No. Neptunia works only with wine-1.8 serie.
For every wine-staging version or wine-1.9+, the game crashes because of videos.

I didn't dig much deeper with Neptunia 1, but I had the same problem with Divinity 2. I'm stuck with wine-1.8 non-staging to play this game with videos.

For Neptunia 1, I used: "winetricks win7 vd=1920x1080 xact_jun2010 devenum quartz wmp9" and it works perfectly.
Post edited February 04, 2017 by _Nel_
immi101: anybody have an idea how to prevent the GOG installer from installing .NET/VC runtime and similar useless stuff ?

The Darkest Hour installer always hangs while trying to install .NET3.5 :/
While killing the .NET installer allows the GOG installer to finish, I wish there was an easier way to tell to installer not to bother with that stuff.
rampancy: IIRC, if you run the installer with the /debug flag, it only installs just the game files, without running the installer for dependencies like .NET. (That was how I got AvP to install when it first came out, as the associated installer it ran for Galaxy would lock up WINE.)

Also, if you do things like install .NET before running the installer, the installer should be smart enough to not try to install it again.
/debug flag doesn't change anything, maybe that's only a thing in older/newer or even just this particular installer version ?

using winetricks to install dotnet35 beforehand does work (takes ages though)

what worked to disable the .NET installer is running the installer with this:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dotNetFx35setup.exe=d" wine setup_darkest_hour_2.0.0.2.exe

.NET is only use for the game launcher, the game works fine without it and the settings can be easily edited with an text editor.
Alternatively, the game launcher will also work after installing wine-mono.
JudasIscariot: Which one you want checked exactly?

JudasIscariot: This step is no longer necessary as the issue that was causing the crash has been fixed in Wine 2.1: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=41623
Just checked it and yeah, the game works without these steps. Updated the report.
king_mosiah: So you have to use Winetricks to get it to run? That explains the problems I had with the Steam version...
The quartz devenum wmp9 is to get the intro video playing. They may not all be needed anymore, particularly given Judas's results. The xact_jun2010, some portion of it at the least, is needed to have working menu sounds, VO, etc.
JudasIscariot: If I install any winetricks the game becomes a crashfest...
That would be expected without the patch. Comment 5 explains the race or whatever you want to call it. The weird multiple windows with no winetricks may have helped avoid it.

Meant to ask, have you tried building Wine 1.9.3 again to see if Raiden IV: OverKill works in it? I realize you have a different GPU, drivers, libs, etc and for all I know the game has been updated since.
Post edited February 05, 2017 by Gydion
Spy_Gentleman: Just checked it and yeah, the game works without these steps. Updated the report.
In the future it would be better to create a new post and not reuse the old one, thanks.