It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So, I'm receiving an error message about no package exist for vcrun2015.
TaxAkla: So, I'm receiving an error message about no package exist for vcrun2015.
It's not a package, it's installed via winetricks or am I misunderstanding your post?
Post edited September 04, 2016 by JudasIscariot
Sorry, my fault. First, I tried installing through Play On Linux. Didn't found vcrun2015 with winecfg, so I opened a terminal and wrote "winetricks vcrun2015". The output returned an error message: "Unknown arg vcrun2015".

Where do I get that vcrun2015? Maybe I need to register another PPA? I always installed through POL, so sorry if this is a noob question.
Post edited September 04, 2016 by TaxAkla
TaxAkla: Where do I get that vcrun2015? Maybe I need to register another PPA? I always installed through POL, so sorry if this is a noob question.
Winetricks is a shell script. You get it from here. POL may be bundling an outdated/broken version. Try updating Winetricks to current.
winetricks dlls list
vcrun2015 should be one of the ones listed.
TaxAkla: Sorry, my fault. First, I tried installing through Play On Linux. Didn't found vcrun2015 with winecfg, so I opened a terminal and wrote "winetricks vcrun2015". The output returned an error message: "Unknown arg vcrun2015".

Where do I get that vcrun2015? Maybe I need to register another PPA? I always installed through POL, so sorry if this is a noob question.
Hmmm. Can you tell me your winetricks version?

Just type "winetricks --version" (without " ") in the terminal, please.
Thanks again Gydion.
Gydion: Port i386-wine-devel is a bit odd in that it actually uses wine-devel. The i386 port is mostly additional compatibility shims. Port wine-devel is the one doing all the work. When wine-devel is built with the X11 option that in turn pulls in <i>fontconfig</i> among others.
Reading through i386-wine-devel make files, I think you're right about the building process. There was no doubt about what wine-devel needs to pull in order to be built.

Gydion: True, but in this case it should be quite safe. If you check the previous version it's not associated with any security problems or other bugs. I also rather doubt anything else requires that new a version of fontconfig.
I'll look more on that.
I'm not sure and since it's my main system, the last thing I'd like is to turn it unstable.
Post edited September 04, 2016 by vanchann
@JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Hmmm. Can you tell me your winetricks version?

I'll try to update Winetricks.
This is the output:
20140817 - sha1sum: b6ad9287523453a33e443ef2f4bd77f2f7f49e21
TaxAkla: @JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Hmmm. Can you tell me your winetricks version?

TaxAkla: I'll try to update Winetricks.
This is the output:
20140817 - sha1sum: b6ad9287523453a33e443ef2f4bd77f2f7f49e21
Yeah, that's very old. Can you check which version your distro carries? The newest version of winetricks will recognize the vcrun2015 argument and it comes with a self-update utility as well :)

This is the latest version after running the --self-update command:

20160724 - sha1sum: 8180ca45e0506f480f1a3720787819950864289e
Post edited September 04, 2016 by JudasIscariot
TaxAkla: Sorry, my fault. First, I tried installing through Play On Linux. Didn't found vcrun2015 with winecfg, so I opened a terminal and wrote "winetricks vcrun2015". The output returned an error message: "Unknown arg vcrun2015".

Unfortunately PoL doesn't support vcrun2015. It also won't install on any Wine prefix created by PoL if you use winetricks, you'll just get errors.

You need to use a clean Wine prefix (one that isn't created by PoL) and grab a new version of winetricks if you need vcrun2015.

JudasIscariot: and it comes with a self-update utility as well :)
Thanks Judas, I didn't know about the self-updater.
Post edited September 04, 2016 by MikeMaximus
JudasIscariot: and it comes with a self-update utility as well :)
MikeMaximus: Thanks Judas, I didn't know about the self-updater.
Yes, it's quite handy :) No more waiting for the package maintainer to update it :)
some more hacking around on Interstate 76.
The attached patch limits the fps to 30. That prevents any gamebreaking "I can't make that jump" cases (or the AI not making a jump). At least as far as I have played.
The physics still sometimes feels a little bit odd and the AI acts retarded at times, but I'm not sure if this is buggy behavior or simply a game from the 90s ;)
The patch also disable the funky cpu speed measurement, so no need to run it under win98.

to apply the patch:
download the attached file, save as 30fps.patch
then in the game directory:

~/games/interstate $ md5sum i76.exe
9a232dcc2c164648cff20c414c1f9698 i76.exe
~/games/interstate $ cp i76.exe i76_fix.exe
~/games/interstate $ xxd -r 30fps.patch i76_fix.exe
~/games/interstate $ md5sum i76_fix.exe
a6093422be1a941f48731bbd0da56f3a i76_fix.exe

then launch the game with: wine i76_fix.exe
Attachments:
Game: Space Rangers: Quest
de7c42f7a0e44abcb449745b02ccce83 setup_space_rangers_quest_2.0.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: none
CodeWeavers link: none

Kernel: 4.4.0-34-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: MATE 1.14.1 Distro: Ubuntu 16.04.1 xenial
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GT215 [GeForce GT 240]
GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 304.131

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.18 via PlayOnLinux

Install notes: installs fine,
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for SRQuest.exe"
How well does it run: runs great, finished the first mission without a problem.
Game: Gothic
Installer MD5: ff644047f11bb40ef08b45f519bc5eda setup_gothic_2.1.0.7.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&amp;iId=2153
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/gothic

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-36
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 370.28
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.18 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.2.0

Install notes: Requires directmusic (install "Direct Music" in CrossOver)
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "GOTHIC.EXE"
How well does it run: Almost perfect
Details: I have only played for a short while, but encountered no major issues & it seems to run almost perfectly. The game had a title bar initially despite running full screen but it went away after changing to a higher resolution and hasn't returned. Tested with virtual desktop enabled. Do not use CSMT as it'll cause the game to freeze on exit.

Open source engine reimplementation "REGoth":
There's still a lot of work needed but it's worth keeping an eye on: https://github.com/degenerated1123/REGoth
Post edited September 11, 2016 by adamhm
Any word on the latest Army Men trilogy? After a long and unsuccessful battle to get the last game I tried working (Interstate '82) I'm a little hesitant to buy this without any feedback from my fellow WINE gurus.
rampancy: Any word on the latest Army Men trilogy? After a long and unsuccessful battle to get the last game I tried working (Interstate '82) I'm a little hesitant to buy this without any feedback from my fellow WINE gurus.
I've only tried Army Men (1) (which I dl illegally since it's not for sale here, but do own it on CD) and it will run, tried bootcamp and the grenade launcher part can't be completed, as the grenades flies of randomly, and there are times that it's hard to make out if your army man.
Post edited September 09, 2016 by te_lanus