It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

_Line: Tomb Raider Legend
Works out of the box with no issues, aside from the "next gen" graphics option which is glitchy sometimes (but looks kind of weird even when it's not; the standard graphics are more coherent).
_Line: Tomb Raider Legend
eric5h5: Works out of the box with no issues, aside from the "next gen" graphics option which is glitchy sometimes (but looks kind of weird even when it's not; the standard graphics are more coherent).
Thanks for sharing. :)
VanishedOne: snip
eric5h5: snip
Just tested Tomb Raider Anniversary and it runs great. (Better than in my Windows boot, it seems?)
Im certain that Tomb Raider Legend will also run great because they're both in the same engine, so thanks for the infos on TR titles, eric5h5 and VanishedOne, really!

ciemnogrodzianin: snip
ciemnogrodzianin: I followed your "nice game with crazy physics" and bought it anyway, despite the rubber banding. Sometimes we just need that dopamine rush through the speed of those crazy rancing games. Will test it later and report if it works.

Also, im on Linux Mint 20.2 XFCE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couldn't play GRIP through Wine.

-snip-

Then the game freezes in a black screen with a grey bar in the middle, before reaching the main menu.
In Windows boot it runs ok <(It doesn't, after further testing and playing, I had terrible slow downs and fps drops... Sadly.). Any idea how to fix this?

And even if I won't be able to play it in Wine, why is Wine asking for a Steam key, in a GOG Offline installer...?
Post edited December 17, 2021 by _Line
If Grip freezes before playing a video, you might be affected by this bug: WINE games - Inability to play Media Foundation video files

Several workarounds are proposed in the linked issue report, but the easier one would be to use a recent 6.x WINE development build or the current 7.0 release candidate.
Post edited December 16, 2021 by vv221
vv221: If Grip freezes before playing a video, you might be affected by this bug: WINE games - Inability to play Media Foundation video files

Several workarounds are proposed in the link issue report, but the easier one would be to use a recent 6.x WINE development build or the current 7.0 release candidate.
Through the command wine --version, my console says it is 6.0.2.
I will check the link, thank you!

GRIP uses UE4 it seems, and it comes with a UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe in it's installation folder.
It's weird, because it seems to also use an external music player for the songs in game. There's an executable just for that in it's Binaries folder too.

I have no idea how to make it work. haha
Post edited December 16, 2021 by _Line
_Line: Through the command wine --version, my console says it is 6.0.2.
That’s too old for an out-of-the-box Media Foundation video support ;)
If you do not have an easy access to a more recent build, these libraries should do the trick: https://github.com/z0z0z/mf-install
_Line: Through the command wine --version, my console says it is 6.0.2.
vv221: That’s too old for an out-of-the-box Media Foundation video support ;)
If you do not have an easy access to a more recent build, these libraries should do the trick: https://github.com/z0z0z/mf-install
Will try it, thank you. :)

About the Wine build: I installed directly from the site the Wine-Stable Focal* version for Mint 20.X.
Is it wiser to reinstall it with the 7.0 canditate as you said for a wider compatibility?

-edit

Reinstalled everything now with 7.0 rc1 version but Grip still didn't ran. Tryed to use Wine 7.0rc1 + the library you linked and it worked, but with terrible performance, unfortunately. Thank you and everyone else for the help. :)
Post edited December 17, 2021 by _Line
low rated
No no
_Line: Reinstalled everything now with 7.0 rc1 version but Grip still didn't ran. Tryed to use Wine 7.0rc1 + the library you linked and it worked, but with terrible performance, unfortunately. Thank you and everyone else for the help. :)
About the performance issues, you should try using dxvk :
winetricks dxvk
It usually improves performances a lot for Direct3D 10 and 11 games.

---

Since it looks like a fun game and is real cheap right now, I bought Grip and will try to add its support to ./play.it soon.
Post edited December 17, 2021 by vv221
_Line: (…)
Experimental ./play.it support for Grip is ready: https://forge.dotslashplay.it/play.it/games/-/merge_requests/330

From my tests I get native-like performance ;)
Since GOG isn't supplying Mac or Linux installers for The Binding of Issac Rebirth (and apparently the DRM-free Linux version on Humble Bundle is out of date), has anyone tried the GOG version in Wine?
rampancy: Since GOG isn't supplying Mac or Linux installers for The Binding of Issac Rebirth (…), has anyone tried the GOG version in Wine?
Yes, they work flawlessly, on a Debian Bookworm/Sid with WINE 7.0~rc2.

I would still advise against buying them until a native version is added, as you would end up buying game installers with zero support from GOG.
I also decided to wait till they add native versions.
Shadow Warrior 3 runs fine with Wine-staging 7.3 + dxvk.

I was a bit surprised they switched to Unreal engine from the custom one and are using DX11, not DX12 in their build.
Has anyone tried playing Evespace 2? I set up vkd3d-proton and the game works, but video sequences don't.