It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: "Game": Morrowind Construction Set
OS: debian chroot, gentoo host, kernel version 4.4.3-gentoo
Gydion: Preferred post format is seen here. Debian chroot is particularly unspecific.
The entry should also include the AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20197
dtgreene: GPU: Intel HD 4600 (but I don't expect this program to work)
Gydion: $ inxi -SG
Not sure how well that works from a chroot, but driver info should also be included.
dtgreene: Edit, I believe this install has the "directsound" winetrick (or something like that) installed, but I don't think that should affect the construction set, since I don't think it uses audio at all.
Gydion: Appreciate it if you could retest in a clean prefix, thanks.
I'll look into it.

The chroot was debian sid, with the host being gentoo.

inxi is not installed on either the host or the chroot.

I'll retest with a clean prefix and see what happens in the next day (or night) or so.
dtgreene: I'll retest with a clean prefix and see what happens in the next day (or night) or so.
Cheers. If you prefer glxinfo also works, but inxi gives much nicer output.
rampancy: Anyone tried Black Moon Chronicles yet?
te_lanus: Game: Black Moon Chronicles
Installer MD5s:
91fb929571a2bf5fb9798352b4449b94 setup_black_moon_chronicles_2.0.0.7.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: 1.3 Version (same version as GOG)
CodeWeavers link: none

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic i686 (32 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.13 with CSMT via PlayOnLinux

runs perfectly
From the comment above, as well as another comment on the GOG forums I decided to finally pick up this game and try it out myself. The test system was 10.11.6 with Intel HD 5000 Graphics, with wine-staging 1.9.15.

a) The game apparently needs Mono or .NET installed to run; I've had success with both .NET 2.0 and the version of Mono offered for download when a new Wineskin wrapper is created (presumably from winetricks). .NET 4.0 won't work as the game will complain that it hasn't found the right runtime version to work.

b) I had to set ddr=gdi in winetricks, otherwise I got a black screen. Also, I had to set the override winmm.dll to (native, builtin) in winecfg to get music working.

c) CSMT crashes the game after the opening title crawl, but I never noticed any significant drop in game performance.
Post edited July 27, 2016 by rampancy
rampancy: Editing winmm.dll gets around earlier mentioned bugs with winmm in various GOG games.
I keep meaning to ask, do you still need to do this with recent Staging builds? Staging has a patch that should help (fixes JK: DF II at least) as seen in bug 37983. You would need to set an override of "winmm (native,builtin)" to use it.
Looking at some of the later comments it appears to not be sufficient for Outlaws though?
Gydion: I keep meaning to ask, do you still need to do this with recent Staging builds? Staging has a patch that should help (fixes JK: DF II at least) as seen in bug 37983. You would need to set an override of "winmm (native,builtin)" to use it.
Looking at some of the later comments it appears to not be sufficient for Outlaws though?
My experience is that the winmm override is all you need for the affected games if you use Staging (I use 1.9.13), including Outlaws.
rampancy: a) The game apparently needs Mono or .NET installed to run; I've had success with both .NET 2.0 and the version of Mono offered for download when a new Wineskin wrapper is created (presumably from winetricks). .NET 4.0 won't work as the game will complain that it hasn't found the right runtime version to work.
I think it's because I'm using PoL as stated in my report, PoL installs Mono and Gecko by default.

rampancy: b) I had to set ddr=gdi in winetricks, otherwise I got a black screen. Also, I had to set the override winmm.dll to (native, builtin) in winecfg to get music working.
I didn't need anything changed.

rampancy: c) CSMT crashes the game after the opening title crawl, but I never noticed any significant drop in game performance.
CSMT gave me a nice performance boost. didn't find any crash so far
rampancy: Editing winmm.dll gets around earlier mentioned bugs with winmm in various GOG games.
Gydion: I keep meaning to ask, do you still need to do this with recent Staging builds? Staging has a patch that should help (fixes JK: DF II at least) as seen in bug 37983. You would need to set an override of "winmm (native,builtin)" to use it.
I honestly haven't checked, but I do know that the override only worked in CrossOver; in vanilla wine it would crash both Jedi Knight and Outlaws. However, that was long, long ago, before wine-staging was even released.

I am tempted to try it out on games like Parkan, though...
rampancy: a) The game apparently needs Mono or .NET installed to run; I've had success with both .NET 2.0 and the version of Mono offered for download when a new Wineskin wrapper is created (presumably from winetricks). .NET 4.0 won't work as the game will complain that it hasn't found the right runtime version to work.
te_lanus: I think it's because I'm using PoL as stated in my report, PoL installs Mono and Gecko by default.

rampancy: b) I had to set ddr=gdi in winetricks, otherwise I got a black screen. Also, I had to set the override winmm.dll to (native, builtin) in winecfg to get music working.
te_lanus: I didn't need anything changed.

rampancy: c) CSMT crashes the game after the opening title crawl, but I never noticed any significant drop in game performance.
te_lanus: CSMT gave me a nice performance boost. didn't find any crash so far
I would hasten to add that these are likely OS X-specific fixes. OS X's display layer and drivers are different enough that, while what works for Linux users likely will work for Mac users 95% of the time, there are the occasional cases where that isn't the case.

Odd that you didn't have to use the winmm.dll override though. I don't recall, were you using wine-staging? (I used staging 1.9.15.)
Post edited July 27, 2016 by rampancy
rampancy: Odd that you didn't have to use the winmm.dll override though. I don't recall, were you using wine-staging? (I used staging 1.9.15.)
Jes, was using 1.9.13-Staging (CSMT)
MikeMaximus: My experience is that the winmm override is all you need for the affected games if you use Staging (I use 1.9.13), including Outlaws.
That's interesting. I have wine bug #37983 on this and it wasn't looked at favourably when I included Outlaws in the title, even though I'm not sure if it was ever any different from the other games that share the winmm.dll arrangement.

I think it would be nice if someone with Outlaws from here could try it out in a current wine, with and without the patch from comment #1 and the winmm.dll override, and write a note to the bug if it is fixed by it or not.
Game: Skyhill
Installer MD5s:
9361a0f6ea1605dd609a67f71c00d95b setup_skyhill_2.0.0.2.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: GOG

Distro: Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop: Mate 1.12.1
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic i686 (32 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.15 with CSMT via PlayOnLinux

runs perfectly
Post edited August 01, 2016 by te_lanus
Anyone tried Parkan: Iron Strategy?
So I've reinstalled Uprising, Uprising 2, and Parkan: TIC. In the case of the former two, even manually editing the game's winmm.dll didn't enable the in-game music, and in the case of the latter, the game would crash with an MCICD error without manual edits to the game's winmm.dll.

Under staging 1.9.15, adding the above mentioned override not only enables full in-game music with Uprising and Uprising 2, but it also allows Parkan: TIC to work, without any manual editing of winmm.dll.

I haven't tried this with any earlier versions of wine-staging, but I reckon that wine-staging going back to mid-2015 should work with these games and with this dll overrride too.
rampancy: Under staging 1.9.15, adding the above mentioned override not only enables full in-game music with Uprising and Uprising 2, but it also allows Parkan: TIC to work, without any manual editing of winmm.dll.
Excellent. Might be worth updating those entries then.
rampancy: I haven't tried this with any earlier versions of wine-staging, but I reckon that wine-staging going back to mid-2015 should work with these games and with this dll overrride too.
Yeah, I would expect so barring the odd bug or two that might crop up on a particular version.
Game: Crashlands
Installer MD5s: 9ab36f956ec0cb90af9707a16d587567 setup_crashlands_2.1.0.3.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: none

Distro: Mint 17.3 Desktop: Mate 1.12.1
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic x86_64 (64 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 1.4 / OpenGL 4.5.0 / NVIDIA 367.27

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.15 via PlayOnLinux

runs perfectly so far, still in first mission.

Edit: Added d3dcompiler_43 & d3dx9_43 which solved Shader problems.
Post edited August 05, 2016 by Woolytoes
JudasIscariot: ...
So, Parkan: Iron Strategy or are you in the middle of a regression test?