It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gekko_Dekko: if you are about black screen on intro (which can be skipped by pressing A on gamepad, if Im not mistaken) - then yes
Random_Coffee: Most reports on the AppDB and ProtonDB say that movies are not working in the game. I don't know if this is about opening cinematics or story cutscenes in the game.
Which one? I tested Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC with Wine 4.0-rc5 and all movies worked (Logo, Opening, Ending & Next) from the main menu. XSEED re-encoded Opening & Ending videos, a few times, with the later installers. I need to double check, but I'm pretty sure it was the current installer I used. I know with the earlier installer the videos work fine. Clean, 32-bit prefix with winegstreamer set to disabled and in a localhost only network namespace:
winetricks -q amstream quartz xvid
config_dx9.exe
ed6_win_DX9.exe
I can also check SC if needed.

Gekko_Dekko: some new additions, tested with Wine 4.0rc1:
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1. While port itself isnt as great (controls, if you wanna play with keyboard, are abysmal), game is pretty much playable under wine. Solid perfomance, gamepad support out of box. Didnt manage to make videos work tho (instead I'm getting black screens. Luckily you can just skip them), even if winedb tells they should work (probs regression).
Well, they should. However I don't have a useful gstreamer setup. This used to work a while back, with winegstreamer set to disabled:
winetricks quartz devenum wmp9 xact_jun2010
I should be able to test with Wine 4.0-rc5 in the next day or so.

I still need to go back a look over the newer entries. Likely will get to it Friday.
Post edited January 09, 2019 by Gydion
Random_Coffee: Most reports on the AppDB and ProtonDB say that movies are not working in the game. I don't know if this is about opening cinematics or story cutscenes in the game.
Gydion: Which one?
I think it was the first one. I always held off on buying it because of the reports of videos not playing. Good to know it works now. Kudos! :)
Gydion: Clean, 32-bit prefix
probs that s a thing - Im running xseed games inside 64 bit prefixes.

Since Fight'N Rage has got gog release, did anybody success at running it? It has net framework 4 in its guts
Following the recent posts regarding the Trails* games, I went back to the drawing board on the videos issue as I never managed to get them working myself. Tonight I finally succeeded

1) Setting "winegstreamer" to disabled.
2) Installed quartz + amstream (and set them to "native").
3) Installed LAVFilters as mentioned on the game's WineHQ page, Download Link: https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

This for me was enough to get the videos working.
Post edited January 13, 2019 by Ganni1987
Does anybody know if there is any progress running Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord with newer Wine versions? Or does the game still not start?
Game: Fight'N Rage
Installer MD5: 3c36e90606f9655ef884d4d80af6c139 setup_fightn_rage_build_190109_(26516).exe
Distro: xubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Kernel: 4.15.0-43-generic
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 670
WineHQ AppDB link: [N/A]
WINE version: wine-4.0-rc2 (Staging) - haven't tried with vanilla.

How well does it run: No hassles installing or running. Seems to work great, apart from not detecting gamepad.
Post edited February 04, 2019 by Rixasha
Gekko_Dekko: Since Fight'N Rage has got gog release, did anybody success at running it?
Yes :)
Gekko_Dekko: - Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1.
Didnt manage to make videos work tho (instead I'm getting black screens. Luckily you can just skip them), even if winedb tells they should work (probs regression).
Clean 32-bit prefix, Wine 4.0-rc5 & 4.0-rc6, winegstreamer disabled:
winetricks quartz devenum wmp9 xact vcrun2013
It didn't want to show any window at all at first. Once I got it to display everything working normally. I was dealing with a broken cabextract at first plus the game window no showing so I'm not positive about needing vcrun2013.
Gekko_Dekko: - Shantae: Risky's Revenge segfault on launch on both intel and nvidia gpus with error messages about devenum.
Clean 32-bit prefix, Wine 4.0-rc5 and started up just fine.
Gekko_Dekko: - Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy segfaults on launch.
First, there's OpenJK. Second, this is a Quake 3 engine based game. if you want to run it in Wine you need to deal with the too long GL extension strings. It started fine otherwise with Wine 4.0-rc6.
I'm very interested in knowing how well the Brothers in Arms-games run in WINE.

Edit: Bought them all. Will test.
Post edited January 19, 2019 by Random_Coffee
Gydion: First, there's OpenJK.
is it already playable? Iirc it was glitchy af about a year ago.

Btw. What do you, guys, use to play games with gamepad under wine? In case, wine's own gamepad support cant handle them, obviously.
So far I've heard about x360ce and koku-xinput-wine, but feedback varies
Post edited January 21, 2019 by Gekko_Dekko
Does anyone know how "Pathologic Classic HD" runs under WINE (I mean, clean WINE, no Windows libs or Winetricks)?

Current APPDB entry shows GARBAGE, but is way out of date.
Any tips for nenokami? I get crash at startup..

http://fpaste.dy.fi/NeI/disp

So far tried 32 and 64 bit prefixes with and without quartz, no dice.
Post edited January 22, 2019 by clarry
clarry: Any tips for nenokami? I get crash at startup..
So far tried 32 and 64 bit prefixes with and without quartz, no dice.
A +loaddll can often be useful. I've found the quartz verb may need a wineboot -u for some interfaces at least. If that doesn't help try winetricks -q wmp9 might do something.
Gydion: First, there's OpenJK.
Gekko_Dekko: is it already playable? Iirc it was glitchy af about a year ago.
I haven't tried it. From what I read it appeared SP was considered quite playable. However, my impression was it shouldn't have been glitchy af even a year ago. E.G. it's quite possibly bugger than I was thinking.
Post edited January 23, 2019 by Gydion
Ok I got the game working after a bit of trial and error and random dlls & config tweaks..

I'll try figure out what were the critical steps later today.
Game: Ne no Kami: The Two Princess Knights of Kyoto
Distro: Fedora 28
DE: none
Kernel: 4.18.19-100.fc27.x86_64
Graphics card: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (POLARIS10 / DRM 3.26.0 / 4.18.19-100.fc27.x86_64, LLVM 6.0.1) (0x67df)
WINE version: 4.0-rc4 (also verified that 3.20 will work, though not sure if the same exact install steps do the trick.)

How well does it run: I haven't really played yet but the game starts, music plays, voice plays, fullscreen & window switching works, so I guess it runs ok?

EDIT: I ran into another missing codec in the second chapter, which is game breaking. Don't have time to investigate further right now. (maybe ffdshow can fix it?)

Install notes: Use 32-bit prefix, this is required for wmp9. Use winetricks to install wmp9 (or you might run into infinite flood about lacking a gstreamer plugin / codec support) and quartz (or the game will crash immediately at startup). Then run wineboot -u.

(Thanks Gydion & Daviot)
Post edited January 25, 2019 by clarry