It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eiii: Has anyone tried Fallen Haven or Fallen Haven: Liberation Day with Wine?
igrok: The first game has 256 color issues. I couldn't run it at all (although I haven't experimented with starting a dedicated X server in 8 bit mode). For the second game, I followed the instructions from here
liberation_day_on_linux_wine and I have the same issues as in the post: the game starts but is unplayable because the screen often flickers, turns black, etc.
That doesn't sound good. Thank you!
high rated
Game: Bioshock Remastered
Distro: Mint 18.1 x64
DE: MATE
Kernel: 4.15.18-041518-generic
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
WINE version: 3.19 (eSync was disabled)
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 0.94 (this game needs the 32bit dll's)
WineHQ link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=35804

How well does it run: Perfectly, I played the game for over an hour with no crashes or graphic corruptions.

Install notes: Installing the game from the installer works correctly and if it throws the usual error at the end it can be ignored. No Winetricks or any additional software are required to run the game.
Post edited December 17, 2018 by Ganni1987
did anybody try Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky under latest wine? Looks like there is a regression (just to be sure) - I remember playing it fine with gamepad half year ago, but for atleast 3 last patches (now Im on 4.0-rc1), game (nor its configuration tool) cant recognize it anymore. Ys series still work fine, tho

UPD: tried with rc-3 (spent 3 hours to compile, eeeh) - everything seems fine again (didnt make vibrations work, tho, but maybe thats cuz I didnt have third party xinput lib in this prefix)
Post edited December 22, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
FYI: I just reinstalled The Saboteur in a fresh prefix, using the latest GOG release (I was one release behind). Lo and behold, the map in it is working correctly now! Not sure what happened exactly, may be something changed in Wine since the last time I was playing it (I'm now using 4.0~rc3), or GOG update modified something, but either way, that irritating map bug is gone!
Post edited December 24, 2018 by shmerl
shmerl: FYI: I just reinstalled The Saboteur in a fresh prefix, using the latest GOG release (I was one release behind). Lo and behold, the map in it is working correctly now! Not sure what happened exactly, may be something changed in Wine since the last time I was playing it (I'm now using 4.0~rc3), or GOG update modified something, but either way, that irritating map bug is gone!
nice to hear, had this one in my backlog for year but didnt touch.

If only wine got fixes for Xanadu Next, it would be the best year of it *cries*
Gekko_Dekko: did anybody try Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky under latest wine? Looks like there is a regression (just to be sure) - I remember playing it fine with gamepad half year ago, but for atleast 3 last patches (now Im on 4.0-rc1), game (nor its configuration tool) cant recognize it anymore. Ys series still work fine, tho

UPD: tried with rc-3 (spent 3 hours to compile, eeeh) - everything seems fine again (didnt make vibrations work, tho, but maybe thats cuz I didnt have third party xinput lib in this prefix)
Does it still have the problem with cutscenes not playing?
Anyone tried Reah perhaps?
The game works under clear Wine 3.2, but cutscenes are not displayed properly (some artifacts, black-squares) and I cannot find the library responsible for that...
ciemnogrodzianin: Anyone tried Reah perhaps?
The game works under clear Wine 3.2, but cutscenes are not displayed properly (some artifacts, black-squares) and I cannot find the library responsible for that...
Same here. :\

At least it works better than Schizm, in which the transitions between locations aren't shown.
Random_Coffee: Does it still have the problem with cutscenes not playing?
if you are about black screen on intro (which can be skipped by pressing A on gamepad, if Im not mistaken) - then yes
Gekko_Dekko: If only wine got fixes for Xanadu Next, it would be the best year of it *cries*
Yes, I would like that, as the game does look interesting.

Also, how does Wizards and Warriors currently run in Wine?
Random_Coffee: Does it still have the problem with cutscenes not playing?
Gekko_Dekko: if you are about black screen on intro (which can be skipped by pressing A on gamepad, if Im not mistaken) - then yes
Most reports on the AppDB and ProtonDB say that movies are not working in the game. I don't know if this is about opening cinematics or story cutscenes in the game.
Game: Worms 2
Version: GOG 2.0.0.23
Installer MD5:
- bbe752d1b716432bb67e574ad9f3e9f3 setup_worms2_2.0.0.23.exe

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 Bionic Beaver | Mate | 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-43-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.20 32-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=28494 [test reported, awaiting approval]

Install notes: Installs correctly, no warnings or error messages. vcrun2008 added.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and well performance. Online multiplayer not tested (hot-seats mode is fine). Use frontend.exe to launch the game, however this omits video-intro.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I'm using PlayOnLinux.
Old report: here, by te_lanus
Post edited February 03, 2019 by ciemnogrodzianin
some new additions, tested with Wine 4.0rc1:
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1. While port itself isnt as great (controls, if you wanna play with keyboard, are abysmal), game is pretty much playable under wine. Solid perfomance, gamepad support out of box. Didnt manage to make videos work tho (instead I'm getting black screens. Luckily you can just skip them), even if winedb tells they should work (probs regression). Game requires 32bit prefix (due to wmp10) and wmp10 + xact being installed (xact for sound and wmp to avoid segfault on intro video).
- Shantae: Risky's Revenge segfault on launch on both intel and nvidia gpus with error messages about devenum.
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy segfaults on launch.
- Wuppo works out of box without major issues. However, game doesnt recognize a gamepad.
Post edited January 02, 2019 by Gekko_Dekko
Game: Pro Pinball Big Race USA
Version: GOG 1.0
Installer MD5: c60429dce59c415578b881064f61716f setup_pro_pinball_-_big_race_usa_1.0_(19163).exe

Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 Bionic Beaver | Mate | 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.15.0-43-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.20 32-bit
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=1672 [test reported, awaiting approval]

Install notes: Installs correctly, but 4 traditional GOG runtime errors displayed at the end of process. No impact on installetion result ("successful") or gameplay.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and well performance. No resolutions higher than 1024x768 available, but the reason is crappy GOG release.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. I'm using PlayOnLinux (without their predefined scripts).
Some people might like this :)

Game: Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition
Distro: Debian 9.6 x64
DE: MATE
Kernel: 4.19.12
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
WINE version: 3.21 ( Staging + eSync)
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 0.94 (this game needs the 64bit dll's)

How well does it run: Played for almost 2 hours and had only 1 crash, apparently they are popular even on Windows so might not have to do with Wine. Overall I'd say is very playable, I'm running it almost everything max, and with VSync off it's an average of 80 FPS.

Install notes: Installing the game from the installer works correctly and if it throws the usual error at the end it can be ignored. No Winetricks or any additional software are required to run the game. DLC's have also been installed.

According to a popular Youtuber, the Win version + DXVK runs better than the native one (which we didn't get here). Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOEIBlthS0
Post edited January 04, 2019 by Ganni1987