It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vulkan finally gained transform feedback capabilities, so TW3 is now fully playable in Wine+dxvk (with a few needed steps). You need to patch Mesa and Wine for now, until all pending changes will land upstream.
Faultless The Witcher 3? How is the frame rate then?

Small celebration, wine served for everyone, CDPR is also invited but they get served from the bottle that has turned slightly sour (some alcohol turned into vinegar).
Themken: Faultless The Witcher 3? How is the frame rate then?

Small celebration, wine served for everyone, CDPR is also invited but they get served from the bottle that has turned slightly sour (some alcohol turned into vinegar).
Performance is very good, FPS runs between 60-70 mostly, with the occasional drops to mid 50's, I'm running it at Very High settings. Spent 5 hours playing it last night without any issues.

https://i.imgur.com/j9D6Jo2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wHU1MEH.jpg
Post edited October 14, 2018 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: Performance is very good, FPS runs between 60-70 mostly, with the occasional drops to mid 50's, I'm running it at Very High settings. Spent 5 hours playing it last night without any issues.
Yep, very similar experience here with Vega 56 and 1920x1200.
Wine has landed Vulkan patches with VK_EXT_transform_feedback upstream, so no need to patch it manually anymore, just build Wine master. It should be available in Wine 3.19 release and on.

Note, that you still need to patch Mesa manually for radv and anv to use transform feedback extension.
Post edited October 16, 2018 by shmerl
I've never noticed it before, since I haven't paid attention to this game, but Exanima has a curious info in system requirements:
Wine / CrossOver compatible on Mac OS X or Linux with appropriate OpenGL driver
That's the first time I ever see such thing here. Is that from GOG or from developers?
shmerl: I've never noticed it before, since I haven't paid attention to this game, but Exanima has a curious info in system requirements:

Wine / CrossOver compatible on Mac OS X or Linux with appropriate OpenGL driver
shmerl: That's the first time I ever see such thing here. Is that from GOG or from developers?
it's listed on the Steam Store page as well, so likely not something that GOG added :)
Has anyone tried Project Warlock in WINE yet?
Game: Outlast 2
Distro: Mint 18.1 x64
DE: MATE
Kernel: 4.15.18-041518-generic
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
WINE version: 3.18 Staging (With PBA + ESync)
WineHQ link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=35204
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 0.90 (this game needs the 64bit dll's)

How well does it run: Perfectly.

Install notes: Installing the game from the installer works correctly and the usual error at the end can be ignored. Game runs fine on max settings and maintains a 60+ fps most of the time.

Depending on your system you may need to override 2 dll's - x3daudio1_7 and xapofx1_5 which have to be set as 'native'.
Post edited November 04, 2018 by Ganni1987
Ganni1987: Game: Outlast 2
WINE version: 3.18 Staging (with PBA + ESync)
WineHQ link: N/A
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 0.90
This is invalid without including the WineHQ bug report you are working around by using a custom Wine build (not to mention DXVK).

Also, you shouldn't edit the version of earlier reports after they have been added, but instead make a new entry. If you could revert your Vikings - Wolves of Midgard report to what it was previously that would be great. That one is now also invalid. Thanks.
WINE version: 3.18 Staging (with PBA + ESync)
WineHQ link: N/A
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 0.90
Gydion: This is invalid without including the WineHQ bug report you are working around by using a custom Wine build (not to mention DXVK).

Also, you shouldn't edit the version of earlier reports after they have been added, but instead make a new entry. If you could revert your Vikings - Wolves of Midgard report to what it was previously that would be great. That one is now also invalid. Thanks.
I have added the WineHQ link, I should say, the game runs with vanilla Wine + DXVK, ESync isn't required but it may increase performance in CPU related scenarios. As for Vikings, I didn't know I had to create 2 entries.
Ganni1987: I have added the WineHQ link, I should say, the game runs with vanilla Wine + DXVK, ESync isn't required but it may increase performance in CPU related scenarios.
Thanks, but that's not what I meant. When using a custom Wine build you need to link to the bug on Bugzilla . For Outlast 2 looks like there is Bug 44667. Assuming that's still a problem with Wine/Staging 3.19.
E.G. under WINE version: you can have Custom Wine Build for bug: Bug 44667 or the like.
Is the PBA + ESync build just theoretical with Outlast 2 or are you actually seeing e.g. 23 FPS vs 60 FPS? If not Wine/Staging + DXVK would be better versions to test against. If it is noticeably less with them then it would be good to note that in the entry.

Ganni1987: As for Vikings, I didn't know I had to create 2 entries.
Wine version shouldn't change once it's been added. Nothing major should change once it's added. Usually it's fine to add an additional winetrick to movies for play or edit some game ini to have it run better. Otherwise it's a separate entry.
Post edited November 03, 2018 by Gydion
Depending on your system you may need to override 2 dll's - x3daudio1_7 and xapofx1_5 which have to be set as 'native'.
Additionally, do you have any issues with the skin color becoming dark if "Effects" setting is maxed? Why would the overrides depend?
Gydion: Additionally, do you have any issues with the skin color becoming dark if "Effects" setting is maxed? Why would the overrides depend?
If I had any issues I would have mentioned them already. Look, I'm just posting these reports to give people an idea how well and close to native a Windows game runs, all the steps I take are reproducible by others, if you're going to be so picky every time like this, then I will kindly ask you to not bother adding them to your list.

I'll list them anyway and people can find them using the search function.
Game: Shantae - Risky's Revenge: Director's Cut
WINE version: 3.18 Staging (With ESync enabled)
WineHQ link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=16445

How well does it run: Perfectly.

Install notes: Installing the game from the installer works correctly and the usual error at the end can be ignored. No Winetricks or any additional software are required to run the game.

Additional Info: The game has 2 minor non-game-breaking issues:
1) Occasionally it would freeze on exit and you have to kill the process manually.
2) If you run the game in full screen it might hang at a black screen, to fix the problem go to the game's Wine prefix and from there open up "/users/your_username/Application Data/Wayforward/riskysrevenge/wfEngine.ini" in a text editor, change windowed=false to windowed=true and the game will launch correctly.

I also found the game to work smoother on fewer threads, I limited the game to just 2 cores on my Ryzen 1700X. To limit cores run the game with "taskset -c 0-1"

-----------------

Game: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
WINE version: 3.18 Staging (With ESync enabled)
WineHQ link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17469 Note: These reports are old and the errors are only present with WineD3D, game works perfectly with DXVK.
Does it run with DXVK?: Yes, I used version 0.90 (this game needs the 32bit dll's)

How well does it run: Perfectly (with DXVK), the game's framerate is locked to the V-Sync without the possibility of turning it on/off, in my case a solid 60fps.

Install notes: Installing the game from the installer works correctly and the usual error at the end can be ignored. With the exception of DXVK, no Winetricks or any additional software are required to run the game.
Post edited November 04, 2018 by Ganni1987