It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

grounddown77: So far there are only tree games I really want to play. And I cannot get them to work. They are Distant Worlds Universe ( I already own,} .
regarding Distant Worlds:

using a 32bit prefix and:

winetricks dotnet40 xna40 mdx lucida gdiplus wmp10 ie6

makes the game work for me. interface is rather sluggish though, opening dialog boxes is at times annoyingly slow.
but the game itself seems to run fine.
Post edited January 30, 2018 by immi101
HOORAY I am so happy thank you!
Gydion: Zwei: The Arges Adventure, does it?
Seems it should.
immi101: ie6
Why would any game need ie6??
immi101: ie6
shmerl: Why would any game need ie6??
ingame help - it's even listed in the official system requirements
funnily wine's builtin explorer almost works, except that you are stuck on the first page you open since navigation doesn't work :p
if you don't use the Galactopedia you can omit installing ie6, game itself still works iirc.
Anyone tried the new Close Combat games yet?

Edit: So, Close Combat 2, 3, and 4 all work in WINE (tested on the latest available 3.01 engine that I could find at the Porting Team, running in Wineskin on OS X 10.7.5 and 10.11.6), but with some caveats...

a) There seems to be some strange issue where the registry keys aren't entered properly into the Windows Registry by the GOG installer. The result is that the game won't run because it can't read the registry keys it needs. For CC 2-4, there is a regs.cmd file that, when opened in a text editor, tells you the keys it needs entered into the registry.

For CC 2, I ended up using that information to enter the registry keys manually, (complete with alterations to Launched and PlayVideos keys to disable cutscenes). Then I exported the keys as a .reg file.

For any Mac users experiencing difficulty running CC 2 within Wineskin, you can download the .reg file here:
https://app.box.com/s/qdom4wgbqh3epwko8aj98wad4zsy4oqj

Once the game's installation is complete, you can then import that .reg file into your Windows Registry using RegEdit. Suffice to say, I have no idea if this issue is present on Linux.

b) The above approach didn't seem to work with CC 3 and CC 4 (which also showed the same problems I had initially running CC 2). However, paulthetall's Porting Kit actually allows for a seamless working Wineskin-based installation of CC 3 and CC 4; I'm planning to ask on the Porting Kit forums what they do with their installer to get the keys imported properly from GOG's installer.

c) Oh yes, in my testing so far, CC 2 works fine in fullscreen/widescreen resolutions (e.g. 1280 x 800) with changes made to the ScreenX and ScreenY registry keys to reflect a desired resolution. However, both CC 3 and 4 are locked at 800 x 600.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by rampancy
Game Torchlight
Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 64bit
Desktop :Cinnamon 3,6,7
Linux Kernel : 4.13.0-26 generic
GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon R7 240/340 generic driver

Installed game in 32bit Virtual drive
Started up perfectly played the first three levels. Only graphic issue is shadow under characters see,s to flicker. [ Probably my GPU more than playonlinux though]
Post edited February 11, 2018 by grounddown77
rampancy: Anyone tried the new Close Combat games yet?

a) There seems to be some strange issue where the registry keys aren't entered properly into the Windows Registry by the GOG installer.
It seems that wine doesn't like the last part of the REG command (/f /reg:32). Commenting it out from every line allows the regs.cmd file to be run successfully.
Le Wine Staging est mort,
Vive le Wine Staging.
rampancy: Edit: So, Close Combat 2, 3, and 4 all work in WINE (tested on the latest available 3.01 engine that I could find at the Porting Team, running in Wineskin on OS X 10.7.5 and 10.11.6), but with some caveats...
Could you turn up the detail on where you found this engine - maybe include a link? The most recent engine I could find in Wineskin is WS9Wine2.22, and when I launch CC after adjusting the registry in this engine, it crashes immediately.
peterb12: Could you turn up the detail on where you found this engine - maybe include a link? The most recent engine I could find in Wineskin is WS9Wine2.22, and when I launch CC after adjusting the registry in this engine, it crashes immediately.
So, you have this running then? Which game was it anyway?
peterb12: Could you turn up the detail on where you found this engine - maybe include a link? The most recent engine I could find in Wineskin is WS9Wine2.22, and when I launch CC after adjusting the registry in this engine, it crashes immediately.
Gydion: So, you have this running then? Which game was it anyway?
My goal was to get _Close Combat 2_ running. Trying to make it work directly with Wineskin Winery (per Rampancy) failed. However, Porting Kit had _Close Combat 3_ working. So starting from their version, I exported the .WSI from _Close Combat 3_ and used that as a template to make a Porting Kit install of _Close Combat 2_ that worked (after manually importing the registry keys that Rampancy provided).
The price for Crookz - The Big Heist has been lowered a little bit more today, at least in some regions, and it's still on sale 80% off. Has anyone got it working with Wine on Linux?

It's using DX10 or DX11 (the game card isn't very clear about that), so I do not have too much hope. But with a lot of progress for DX11 in Wine you never know... :)
Game: Vaporum
Version: GOG v. 16890 PL
Installer MD5:
- 6b8f6d59ffd3c99655d2ccfdfdca0de1 setup_vaporum_patch_4_(16890).exe
- ce3db3902d8bbf06c3bfb3fba92bd847 setup_vaporum_patch_4_(16890)-1.bin

Distro: Linux Mint 18 Sarah MATE 64-bit
Kernel version: 4.4.0-112-generic x86_64
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 3.0
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=36108

Install notes: Installs correctly, except 3 traditional runtime errors ending GOG installer (however "installation successful"). No errors, nor warnings in game itself. No libraries needed, but at some point (after a few hours of gameplay) I've added d3dx11_42 d3dx11_43 - no noticable changes after that.
How well does it run: Perfect. No issues and decent performance. The game has been completed.
Details: I'm using budget laptop with Intel Pentium CPU 3550M 2×2.30GHz + integrated Intel HD Graphics on board. Performance is fine, however in my case game switched to medium settings. Game started on Wine 2.20-staging and then switched to 3.0 - no visible consequences of that change.
Post edited March 05, 2018 by ciemnogrodzianin
rampancy: Anyone tried the new Close Combat games yet?

a) There seems to be some strange issue where the registry keys aren't entered properly into the Windows Registry by the GOG installer.
igrok: It seems that wine doesn't like the last part of the REG command (/f /reg:32). Commenting it out from every line allows the regs.cmd file to be run successfully.
Many thanks for the tip. Commenting out the relevant parts of the REG command does indeed allow regs.cmd file to run successfully. While I was able to get Close Combat 2 working successfully using this method, I'm still working on getting both CC3 and 4 to run without crashing on launch; I'm thinking it may be because I didn't properly disable cutscenes.