It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sometimes people tell me I'm young. I don't feel young. I feel weary and fed up. Some people never figure out how to get out of their own way. I am one of these people.
Aliasalpha: Fuck bastard arse prick! Bloody power suppy in my gaming pc has kicked the bucket.
Never mind, could be worse; I've had nothing but trouble with my PC since day one and yesterday things went worse. My calamities should be recorded somewhere in this topic, but let's just recap.

- The rig was ordered in late May with an expected shipping time of three to five days. Since it would be assembled in the store, I decided that about a week would still be acceptable.
- It arrived after two weeks, with no explanation why it had taken so long.
- No matter, let's fire it up and install everything. Oops, maybe not. Trouble installing Windows. I'm not such an idiot that I couldn't install an operating system and the necessary drivers, but I called a supernerd friend just in case.
- Four hours later he had figured that the motherboard was busted, so we sent the rig back so the store could fix it.
- It returned a month later, so that's six weeks without a computer of my own. The webstore suggested that they had a pile of the same kind of MoBo in stock, but it turned out that it only meant their supplier had them stashed in a warehouse somewhere, so the fix was delayed by shipping times within the store itself. Unbelievable.
- Four months later (mid-December) the PC broke down again. The symptoms were exactly the same as when it was new, so I'd guess they had just fixed the old MoBo instead of fitting a new one, and whatever they'd done hadn't worked very well. This time I was told it would take two to three weeks to fix it. I'd spend three weeks away from home anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal.

It has now been four weeks and I still haven't got it back. They finally had the decency to contact me and admit they had trouble getting hold of an Asus motherboard, so they suggested they'd swap it to an identical ASRock. Before they had time to do this, however, my display went berserk. Everything is yellow unless I bend the connector forwards really hard. So now even that has to go back to the store.

This time I told them straight off that if they can't fix it and they haven't got the exact same model in stock - they don't seem to, but I know how trustworthy their website is - I would be happy to have any display of similar characteristics regardless of make or model.
Do you ever walk past a very attractive girl and ever wonder "What if....?"... happens all the time dammit LOL
Aliasalpha: Fuck bastard arse prick! Bloody power suppy in my gaming pc has kicked the bucket.

To make matters worse, I'm starting to hit a depressive phase and am now dangerously bored, how fucked up does your brain have to be when doing something that should be fun is viewed as a chore?
Doesnt beat a dead hard drive with NO backups LOL :)
Post edited January 18, 2012 by nijuu
I bought dental floss. I now have a chipped tooth. Fuck.

EDIT: And now my bicycle light ran out of batteries. Yeay yeay.
Post edited January 18, 2012 by AlKim
When the system has no memory, the kernel needs more memory, and it's not in a system call (usually happens in an interrupt routine), it gets messy. The kernel normally kills a random user process. When the kernel wants memory, it WILL get the memory.

And poof goes all the stats I was crunching at the time.
AlKim: I bought dental floss. I now have a chipped tooth. Fuck.
Did you floss with barbed wire ?
In August of 2011, my fiance and I broke up, because she slept with a room mate and lied about it. In September of 2011, she got an abortion, the paternity of the child remains unknown. In October of 2011, I got into a car accident, rending me unable to see my children without assistance, my car was wrecked.
In November 2011, I moved out of the house with my ex and her new boyfriend, and am living on a friends couch.

On December 17th, 2011 I took a girls virginity in the back seat of her car, the cops found us after we finished and we had difficulty explaining it was just sex.

This girl has since become my slave.

New years Eve, I had a threesome with two of my best friends, beautiful women each. the day after a friend of mine visited me and we slept together. The weekend after that I went to a convention with the girl who's virginity I took, she's my slave, and I forced her to do terrible things while on camera. Last weekend I met a girl through a dating website, after playing Batman Arkham Asylum, we also slept together.

I have my car back - I'm still on a friends couch - I get to see my children more often.

No matter how shitty life may end up, things get better.
Jet-lag is a bitch.
Did I tell you how I managed to lock myself out of the VPS I'm playing around with?

Short story: disable password authentication, change home folder without moving .ssh folder (which holds the allowed keys list) which needs to be in the home folder of the user trying to log in with an rsa key. Ouch!

Long story, and a bit of self-promotion on the new blagh about my adventures in linuxland.
Weclock: [snip]
People are not objects. Your apparent lack of respect for others saddens my heart. You think your life is getting better just because of a little (or a lot) of sex?(no need to answer) Abusing yourself is one thing, but, when you go off abusing other people that is when you cross a line that shouldn't be crossed. I don't know how you feel or what you think, and never will, what matters is you know that it is not okay to use people. I don't know for sure if this is what you are doing (your details are sketchy), but, if it is, STOP IT.

It is true over the years the morality of humanity has degraded, and sex has overwhelmingly become something to be cheered and bragged about (of course for some this was always the case). Regardless of how our society puts sexual gratification before everyone else, we as thinking and conscious people should put one thing before the desires of our bodies: respect for others and for ourselves. You have been hurt, you have been cheated on, you have suffered your own version of Hell: whatever you do, don't go inflicting that Hell, or another version of it, on anyone else. That will only destroy you more in the end.

You may or may not be one of those that enjoys manipulating others...or you may just be someone who has had so much pain they have lost site of the value of goodness. I know you will disagree (or cry foul) with all I say, of course, how else would you be able to deal with yourself and your impulses? Well it's time to realize that just becuase it feels good physically, does not make it inherently good for you or others. Just because it helps you forget your own personal Hell for a short time, doesn't make it right (nor a lasting solution). And just because you have fooled yourself into believing that treating women as sexual objects is right, does not make that a truth.

Don't give up on yourself. I think the devaluation of others can only happen after we have devalued ourselves. You do have great worth, this is truth. You are not beyond true happiness or self forgivness. You just have to stop and think a little, open your eyes inward and ponder. Know that there is a part of you that wants something more than casual sex (or even sex in general). Yes, there is. That is what makes you a man and not just any other animal, that is what gives our species a chance to survive for a very long time to come. We can think outside of our immediate desires.

I do not believe you to be a bad person, only one who is a little lost. I hope you did not put a brick wall between your mind and what I have said. If you don't want to believe that casual sex is wrong, that is fine, but, if you take anything away from this, please do take away the knowledge that it is not okay to use people, no matter how much they may want to be used at the time, or how much pain you yourself are in. Finally remember, forgive yourself (and we all have need of this), or you will never heal yourself and get further past your inner anger and torment.

Lastly, I apologize if I drew some wrong conclusions from what you posted, but, when you call someone your "slave" I can't tell how you are meaning it, and so I take it near-literal, for the sake of this woman and you. Believe me, I don't enjoy getting so high-minded (I'm far from perfect), even I make myself nauseous sometimes, that doesn't make my words meaningless however. Anyways, good luck, I wish you well, and for your life to get truly better, and it can. It is, afterall, up to you.
AndrewC: Did I tell you how I managed to lock myself out of the VPS I'm playing around with?

Short story: disable password authentication, change home folder without moving .ssh folder (which holds the allowed keys list) which needs to be in the home folder of the user trying to log in with an rsa key. Ouch!

Long story, and a bit of self-promotion on the new blagh about my adventures in linuxland.
I've done similar things before. I've seen IT admins forget and lock themselves out of remote Windows Servers before too (the cloud kind, which means starting over completely, no remote hands for those).
KOCollins: People are not objects. Your apparent lack of respect for others saddens my heart. You think your life is getting better just because of a little (or a lot) of sex?(no need to answer) Abusing yourself is one thing, but, when you go off abusing other people that is when you cross a line that shouldn't be crossed. I don't know how you feel or what you think, and never will, what matters is you know that it is not okay to use people. I don't know for sure if this is what you are doing (your details are sketchy), but, if it is, STOP IT.
WTF, dude? Everything in that sounded consensual to me, yes, even the "slave" part is consensual. I get that it's not for everyone (it's sure not for me, either), but that doesn't mean people cannot enjoy it, they're consenting adults. Please realize that none of the people in his stories hold the same morals as you, they hold the same morals as he does. I know you really, really think there's some kind of universal truth, but I assure you there is not.

Funny joke (to me at least, probably read it on here before too): What's the difference between an atheist and a theist? The atheist doesn't believe any any gods, the theists don't believe in any gods either, with one single exception:)

There's nothing really special about your religion to the rest of us, sir. And while we're happy to let you observe it we'd rather you realize that we are not you and when you wish to proselytize, please do so in a respectful manner and only if the other person is willing to listen to your message.
Post edited January 18, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: There's nothing really special about your religion to the rest of us, sir. And while we're happy to let you observe it we'd rather you realize that we are not you and when you wish to proselytize, please do so in a respectful manner and only if the other person is willing to listen to your message.
I didn't mention God or relgion, nor did I plan to at all, that is not what any of what I said was about. Nor do I wish this to go into that topic either, it will only detract from the point. It is about respect. I do understand that others were not taught as I was, and that all these "friends" the guy has may be all happy and willing. I wrote what I did mainly on the chance that they did not have the same values as he...I believe that I said basically as much to him. Trust me, I did not just shoot out what I typed wanting to force my veiws of morality on others. I don't want to see someone being abused is all, and if you read what he says, you must admit that this is a possiblity especially this line:

The weekend after that I went to a convention with the girl who's virginity I took, she's my slave, and I forced her to do terrible things while on camera.

Note the word "Forced." If he didn't mean it the way he wrote it, I understand, we all are not clear sometimes, but what if he did? Seriously, I don't think it right to promote that behavior, even if it is consensual. I can't believe that every time someone on this internet tries to stand up for any morality there are people that try to attack them. This nation needs some more morals, look at the way it is going. Look at the prison population, look at how people treat eachother. Surely I am not the only one who sees people being ruder and ruder to one another as the years go by, and caring less and less about eachother.

These are not good things, and not individuals business that we should all stay out of. Why? Because it affects us all. People raise their children to be selfish and self-fullfilling more and more it seems. If that continues I quake at what the future of humainty will be. I don't know what we can do to stop that trend, but, keeping our mouths shut is in no way going to help. Again, relgion has nothing to do with this, bringing that topic into this, provides an out, a way to look past the words that he said and the emotion behind them.

By the way, what did I do that was not respectful? Your response to me was far less respectful then what I said. I was trying to help. Perhaps I am fully wrong and he is not abusing anyone, I apologized already if that was the case. If it wasn't, I was just trying to help him as best as I could to get past some inner problems he may be having. I know that it may not help, but, if there is just a little chance that it may help, I had to try. I do know it was probably hot air, soon to evaporate, but, I thought, may as well try to help someone out, if they need it.

Finally, I do not see why it is okay for others to express their opinons about morality (ie: casual sex is okay) and why others cannot, just because they veiw it differently. If you stand against discussing morality, it should work for every one, not just for those who think one way. I am not trying to force my ideas onto him, I am not fool enough to think that even possible. I just hope that no one is being abused is all. I'm very tired, sorry if this is a little disjointed.
Do you think Dom/Sub relationships are wrong? That was how I took his post.
KOCollins: The weekend after that I went to a convention with the girl who's virginity I took, she's my slave, and I forced her to do terrible things while on camera.
You are unfamiliar with the BDS&M scene, then. Since you probably would prefer not to familiarize yourself, which is fine, I will simply assure you you have nothing to worry about, it's still consensual and you can stop the role playing whenever you want.

If you need more context, it's like LARPing where the core gameplay is sex. Make sense?

While you didn't mention any god, you didn't need to, because your view on morality stems directly from religion (whether you're actually religious yourself or not, ironically).

You verbally castigated someone because you were simply ignorant of how what his statements meant. That is actually pretty rude. You also actively denigrated his morality while presenting yours as superior and his as some sort of perversion of the true order of things. No really, go back and read your first paragraph and try and put yourself in the shoes of someone who constantly hears this shit from people who are moralizing to them, putting them down, and tsking at their "bad" behavior. How would you feel?

If you're offended at what I wrote I guess that's fine, I was responding to a rude post, you were responding to one that neither attacked you or hurt you in any way. Weclock was not rude and was trying to cheer some other people up. You may disagree with his lifestyle, that's fine, but a lot of people have no problem with it. The post was for them, not you.

I didn't try and censor you, I said you were being kind of a jerk. And yes, you misunderstood. Perhaps offering someone a "moral alternative" might be somewhat more gently handled in a PM instead of jumping on him in public. That way you could clear up any facts you may have wrong. You may have softened what you said later on, but you made your thesis statement in the first paragraph. Go re-read it a second time if you still don't believe me.

So, you can express your opinions however you want, but if you take a morally superior tone, I would not expect a lot of positive reactions to them.
Hawk52: Do you think Dom/Sub relationships are wrong? That was how I took his post.
In the end, it really doesn't matter what I think. He really gave us too little information, and I probably jumped to the wrong conclusions, but, I felt that someone had to say that what he said is not veiwed by everyone in the same light as he apparently views it. To do otherwise, I feel is to say that we all think it is okay and good (and I don't think one should think it is okay to treat others as Sexual-objects). But, hey, if they all know about all his relationships, and he isn't playing any of them or truly abusing them, then he really isn't hurting them personally, if they are all happy and willing. In that case, I already apologized. I don't know what else to say on the matter...It is the internet, where nothing anyone says is very clear. ;)