It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a bitch, but I'm worried it'd be too much information even with self-censoring. :/
Tomorrow I'm driving back up to Orlando for school, but at night I'm hanging out with a huge crush of mine. Just got out of a four-year relationship in October, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Wish me luck guys :)
WarZombie: Tomorrow I'm driving back up to Orlando for school, but at night I'm hanging out with a huge crush of mine. Just got out of a four-year relationship in October, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Wish me luck guys :)
Luck wished!
I bought one of those chin-up bars that claim they can be installed on almost every doorway. Emphasis on "almost". Turns out that the sodding thing isn't compatible with either of my doorways. I'm not going to return it though, in hopes that I'll have better luck with wherever I'll move to later on. It's a multifunction piece of plumbing, so I can use it for other sorts of exercise whilst waiting for that to happen.

Also, my studies are a bit of a mess right now, but nothing that won't sort itself out in a week or so.

On a happier note, it turns out that the Vibram FiveFingers Speed can cope with snow. Yeay!
All right, I'll open up a bit.

In vague terms, I have certain interests that gets other people trotted out on sites like Cracked.com for everyone to laugh and rage at. It...kind of wears me down.

Being a shut-in with no girlfriend is not helping.

I've been getting sick of my job for a while. My office is crummy, our product is crummy, and our management and marketing teams (who are in another province) are straight out of a Dilbertian nightmare. I want to leave someday, but if I left now I'd look like a job hopper, and this is the only job I've had after university that has lasted longer than a year. I'm effectively trapped.

I was working on a game in my spare time, but I've stalled. There are some code structures that look like they should be improved to make certain new features easier and cleaner, but I can't think of what those improvements would be. I want to finish this game someday, but for the past few weeks I simply can't be arsed.

I was filling out my extra free time with Oblivion, but I'm starting to burn out on that too.
AlKim: I bought one of those chin-up bars that claim they can be installed on almost every doorway. Emphasis on "almost".
I once really, really hurt myself on one of those. It fell down as I was in mid chin up :/
Aaron86: All right, I'll open up a bit.

In vague terms, I have certain interests that gets other people trotted out on sites like Cracked.com for everyone to laugh and rage at. It...kind of wears me down.

Being a shut-in with no girlfriend is not helping.

I've been getting sick of my job for a while. My office is crummy, our product is crummy, and our management and marketing teams (who are in another province) are straight out of a Dilbertian nightmare. I want to leave someday, but if I left now I'd look like a job hopper, and this is the only job I've had after university that has lasted longer than a year. I'm effectively trapped.

I was working on a game in my spare time, but I've stalled. There are some code structures that look like they should be improved to make certain new features easier and cleaner, but I can't think of what those improvements would be. I want to finish this game someday, but for the past few weeks I simply can't be arsed.

I was filling out my extra free time with Oblivion, but I'm starting to burn out on that too.
What kind of game are you making? Will it be freeware or a small fee to play/buy? Did you try joining an amateur game making community for support and insight?
AlKim: I bought one of those chin-up bars that claim they can be installed on almost every doorway. Emphasis on "almost".
MonstaMunch: I once really, really hurt myself on one of those. It fell down as I was in mid chin up :/
This one has some kind of piece of steel that (apparently) should prevent this from happening. It attaches to the frame above the door and, I suspect, would buckle and bend, therefore giving you a warning before you came down with a crash. Can't tell if it works since my door hasn't got any frames.
GameRager: What kind of game are you making? Will it be freeware or a small fee to play/buy? Did you try joining an amateur game making community for support and insight?
It'll be a tactical RPG. Essentially, it'll be Shining Force in space.
It's freeware and open source.
I have a blog for my game, but I'm not sure the bitch-about-life thread is the right context to promote it.

There're no real-life game making communities where I live. That leaves me with forums, which always eventually piss me off and make me leave. The GOG forums are the only forums I regularly visit anymore, and I still need to take breaks after the Xth Steam-bashing thread and Yth RPG circlejerk. Honestly, while I love games I utterly hate other gamers.

Besides, I don't think I could maintain a thread about my game because my update schedule was never that frequent.
Not a story that's a big deal or makes me angry, just makes me think wtf.
To make a really long story short, today at work I tried to sell a sack of older xbox 360 games for $10 to my xbox 360 owning co-workers ( a group of about 10 people)

My list of games:
Gears of War 2
Grid
NBA 2k9
The Darkness
Devil May Cry 4
Fear
Lost Planet
Red Faction Guerilla
Civ Revolution
Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Crackdown
Orange Box
Kameo
Lost Odyssey
Condemned 2
Burnout Paradise
Ninja Gaiden
GTAIV.

The end result was pretty much laughter in my face at the offer. One girl saw my list and sarcastically said "oh yeah that's a real bunch of gems you got there!"

Seriously wtf. Just Orange Box, Burnout Paradise and GTAIV for $10 is an insane deal. Where are you gonna find that anywhere else, with instant delivery , no tax etc? Then there's still 15 other games in my list which you could consider as getting for free. (They might not all be great, but still I don't think there's a a game that's anywhere near downright horrible on there either)

I don't care that I didn't make any money, it's just the people's reactions like my offer was laughable makes me want to yell "are you people fucking crazy?"
Post edited January 11, 2012 by CaptainGyro
Your co-workers sound like real nutters, tbh. Must be the "causal" crowd, amiright?

they probably haven't played much beyond some coffee table flash games and the like.
GameRager: Your co-workers sound like real nutters, tbh. Must be the "causal" crowd, amiright?
I guess so. Like I said they were all xbox 360 owners so it's not super casual, but one guy didn't even know what the Orange Box was. When I asked him if he ever heard of Half Life 2 he looked confused and said "nope".
GameRager: Your co-workers sound like real nutters, tbh. Must be the "causal" crowd, amiright?
CaptainGyro: I guess so. Like I said they were all xbox 360 owners so it's not super casual, but one guy didn't even know what the Orange Box was. When I asked him if he ever heard of Half Life 2 he looked confused and said "nope".
He didn't know what the orange box/HL2 was? As I said, they sound like a casual crowd to me......and to be honest, even XBOX360 is rife with shovelware(crapware) offerings (especially some Kinect titles) so I wouldn't put it past many of them to just be sports game or Kinect/casual players.
CaptainGyro: I guess so. Like I said they were all xbox 360 owners so it's not super casual, but one guy didn't even know what the Orange Box was. When I asked him if he ever heard of Half Life 2 he looked confused and said "nope".
GameRager: He didn't know what the orange box/HL2 was? As I said, they sound like a casual crowd to me......and to be honest, even XBOX360 is rife with shovelware(crapware) offerings (especially some Kinect titles) so I wouldn't put it past many of them to just be sports game or Kinect/casual players.
well these people played more than Kinect and flashware games, so they are not the most casual of the casual. They play Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War3 etc .The guy who didn't know what Half Life 2 was actually played Portal 2 ( though he didn't like it) My list isn't exactly hardcore, and I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer so I figured there'd be at least some interest in it.

But yeah I guess I'm just used to people on video game message boards. If I posted this for sale online, people would be shitting their pants ( because seriously, this deal is monumentally good if I do say so myself)
Post edited January 11, 2012 by CaptainGyro
GameRager: He didn't know what the orange box/HL2 was? As I said, they sound like a casual crowd to me......and to be honest, even XBOX360 is rife with shovelware(crapware) offerings (especially some Kinect titles) so I wouldn't put it past many of them to just be sports game or Kinect/casual players.
CaptainGyro: well these people played more than Kinect and flashware games, so they are not the most casual of the casual. They play Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War3 etc .The guy who didn't know what Half Life 2 was actually played Portal 2 ( though he didn't like it) My list isn't exactly hardcore, and I don't consider myself a hardcore gamer so I figured there'd be at least some interest in it.

But yeah I guess I'm just used to people on video game message boards. If I posted this for sale online, people would be shitting their pants ( because seriously, this deal is monumentally good if I do say so myself)
Well then some of them might not be in the casual crowd, but some of them seem to be in the "Caw of Dooty - mainstream is cool everything else isn't" crowd. :\

And yeah some of em are awesome games....Fear, Condemned, etc.