It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

salas.alex: bitch: how does one get a negative one rep as a new member of gog... did i look at my screen the wrong way?
Well, starting of without an indroduction and with (sorry) the stupidest thread I've read here since, well, ever is certainly a factor.

Just stick around and avoid creating threads like "what was that about The Wichter 2" and "Do you guys know that System Shock 2 game? It's really good!" in the future.
ok... can someone give me a better anwser. possibly a bit nicer
Easy Answer then for Salsa: The forums have threads and posts dating back to 2008. Anything you can ask about a game on the site, someone else already has. If you're curious of new games, there's Wikipedia and youtube, instead of asking random people.

@SimonG: I didn't make an introduction for myself. I just sorta snuck in and started posting.

@Life_That_Needs_Bitching: I now hate fire more than before. The scarring sucks, the pain sucks and the wood burning furnace needs to be replaced with... I dunno, SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE ME TO STICK MY HANDS INTO IT!!!!! WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN (Insert name of Aunt here)!?!?!
salas.alex: ok... can someone give me a better anwser. possibly a bit nicer
Sorry, but here in australia the saying goes: Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. im sure it applies in other countries as well.

Im not gonna say how rep is managed, for sheer sake of not causing boosting, but other people do have a hand in your rep. Firstly, rep is meaningless, dont worry about it. If people know you properly on the forums then they wont care about your rep regardless, they will judge you on previous post etc.
I made the mistake of getting into a Porsche today... with a guy who races Porsches for fun...

I nearly lost my lunch before I'd even consumed it. I have a pretty sporty car... but that made me terribly scared.

Nice guy though, and I appreciate him giving me the ride, it just scared the shit out of me.
Post edited January 26, 2012 by orcishgamer
AlKim: Had a pair of wisdom teeth removed in the morning. The surgery only took twenty minutes and, all things considered, was a reasonably pleasant experience. On the other hand, the anaesthetics have worn off and though ibuprofen and paracetamol and keeping the worst of the pain in check, I'm still feeling a bit uncomfortable.
maycett: Ouch. I had my wisdom teeth removed about a year ago so I know what it's like. Hope you feel better soon.
The bleeding's stopped, the pain is bearable and there's no swelling as far as I can tell. Seems that your wishes hit home.

I used to occasionally feel pressure on my jaw, most likely due to my other teeth pushing back the wisdom teeth which had nowhere to retreat. Feeling only an empty socket (and some stitching - I know you're not supposed to touch the socket but it's the bristles invading my tongue's territory and not the other way around) where the pressure was coming from is odd, although in a good way.

orcishgamer: I made the mistake of getting into a Porsche today... with a guy who races Porsches for fun...

I nearly lost my lunch before I'd even consumed it. I have a pretty sporty car... but that made me terribly scared.

Nice guy though, and I appreciate him giving me the ride, it just scared the shit out of me.
Sounds like the sort of thing I would like to do. In fact I might; it turns out that you can go to Silverstone circuit, get acquainted with a car - for instance, single-seater, Aston Martin Vantage, Lamborghini Gallardo or Lotus Exige, which is the one I'm considering - and do a few laps in it. Then you get shoved into the passenger seat and a professional shows you how it's done. Not a typical holiday, but better.
Post edited January 27, 2012 by AlKim
I might have chicken pox, which isn't that good at my age :| Going to the hospital tomorrow to have it confirmed, but this is just what I needed right now considering my workload and stress levels.
burnt both my hands from water straight outta the kettle yesterday >.<

Good thing: I can finally use both hands again.
AlKim: Then you get shoved into the passenger seat and a professional shows you how it's done. Not a typical holiday, but better.
You might be surprised how hard that kind of G force can be to take if you haven't gotten used to it.

Still might be fun, I don't actually know how fast he was going but his third gear redlines at 104 miles per hour, I think we were in a 35 zone, I think we were doing between 60 and 80, not sure. He also showed me how well the brakes work, yes, he really can go from 50 to 0 in about 2 car lengths.
AndrewC: I might have chicken pox, which isn't that good at my age :| Going to the hospital tomorrow to have it confirmed, but this is just what I needed right now considering my workload and stress levels.
No it's not, shingles may be more likely, if not a whole lot better. Good luck, stress levels have a lot to do with that stuff as an adult, try and reduce stress if you can.
Post edited January 27, 2012 by orcishgamer
Actually SimonG was being very nice......compared to how some would reply to that question here.

BTW I uprated your thread, for the record. Didn't do much good though. :\
Nroug7: Sorry, but here in australia the saying goes: Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer. im sure it applies in other countries as well.

Im not gonna say how rep is managed, for sheer sake of not causing boosting, but other people do have a hand in your rep. Firstly, rep is meaningless, dont worry about it. If people know you properly on the forums then they wont care about your rep regardless, they will judge you on previous post etc.
IMO on such a "classy" forum people should at least try to reply politely even to seemingly pointless threads. Yes some pointless threads may be spam or trolling but not all are. As such we should try to be a bit nicer overall to new posters even if they post stupid threads(well not if they do it to troll but you get my point I hope?).
Post edited January 27, 2012 by GameRager
AlKim: Then you get shoved into the passenger seat and a professional shows you how it's done. Not a typical holiday, but better.
orcishgamer: You might be surprised how hard that kind of G force can be to take if you haven't gotten used to it.

Still might be fun, I don't actually know how fast he was going but his third gear redlines at 104 miles per hour, I think we were in a 35 zone, I think we were doing between 60 and 80, not sure. He also showed me how well the brakes work, yes, he really can go from 50 to 0 in about 2 car lengths.
I've been driven around in the last-generation M5 (5.0 litre V10 producing some 510hp) so I have a vague idea of what I should expect.
AlKim: Had a pair of wisdom teeth removed in the morning. The surgery only took twenty minutes and, all things considered, was a reasonably pleasant experience. On the other hand, the anaesthetics have worn off and though ibuprofen and paracetamol are keeping the worst of the pain in check, I'm still feeling a bit uncomfortable.

E: typo.
I fell you bro, I had mine druing my conscript time in the army. It was a policy back then, that when one wisdom made trouble, all four had to go.

Some small highlights from my surgery? Well, first they blindfolded me (should have mage me suspicious). They used a saw (as two of my teeht were still embeded in bone), chisel and some "high preassure water cutting thingy" on me. After my anaesthetics worn of around 60 min into the surgery, the last teeth was still in there. The doctors asked me, if I really needed another shot, as it was only another teeth. (They only noticed that the anaesthetics wore off because I was screaming rather loudly).

Oh, and they punctured my gum, with meant no swimming and no direct sunlight for three months (the surgery was in June).

Moral of the story, never ever go to the dentist while you are in the army. Never. Ever.
AlKim: Had a pair of wisdom teeth removed in the morning. The surgery only took twenty minutes and, all things considered, was a reasonably pleasant experience. On the other hand, the anaesthetics have worn off and though ibuprofen and paracetamol are keeping the worst of the pain in check, I'm still feeling a bit uncomfortable.

E: typo.
SimonG: I fell you bro, I had mine druing my conscript time in the army. It was a policy back then, that when one wisdom made trouble, all four had to go.

Some small highlights from my surgery? Well, first they blindfolded me (should have mage me suspicious). They used a saw (as two of my teeht were still embeded in bone), chisel and some "high preassure water cutting thingy" on me. After my anaesthetics worn of around 60 min into the surgery, the last teeth was still in there. The doctors asked me, if I really needed another shot, as it was only another teeth. (They only noticed that the anaesthetics wore off because I was screaming rather loudly).

Oh, and they punctured my gum, with meant no swimming and no direct sunlight for three months (the surgery was in June).

Moral of the story, never ever go to the dentist while you are in the army. Never. Ever.
Ouch. Those anaesthetics sound pretty rubbish; mine lasted for a good four hours even though the surgery itself took no more than twenty minutes (only two teeth removed, though). I did get a sort of blindfold as well, in the form of a sheet of foam with a cutout for my mouth on it, but I'd guess that was more to shield me from the blinding light than anything else. Whether you were given one to protect from light, blood or dental shrapnel I can't say.

Also, I think the "high pressure water cutting thingy" was a water jet cutter. Versatile and useful things, although this is the first time I've heard them being used by dentists.
Well I just missed the final because I thought it was tomorrow.
Fuck. This. Gash.
FraterPerdurabo: Well I just missed the final because I thought it was tomorrow.
Fuck. This. Gash.
I was working, so I missed it too. It seems that it was an awesome match.