It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I made a facebook post talking about how I thought my co-workers were crazy, and one of my friends bought it for $30.

I didn't actually care about the money , I was gonna donate the games to the library. But shit I'll take $30 anyway
CaptainGyro: So I made a facebook post talking about how I thought my co-workers were crazy, and one of my friends bought it for $30.

I didn't actually care about the money , I was gonna donate the games to the library. But shit I'll take $30 anyway
I think he got a pretty good deal. $10 would've been an outright steal; I don't have an XBox but I know I would've bought the lot and then sold them away for a profit.
CaptainGyro: So I made a facebook post talking about how I thought my co-workers were crazy, and one of my friends bought it for $30.

AlKim: I think he got a pretty good deal. $10 would've been an outright steal; I don't have an XBox but I know I would've bought the lot and then sold them away for a profit.
He did get a good deal even for $30. Think of it this way. Even Gamestop would have paid $30 for that, and gamestop is notorious for not paying what games are worth
CaptainGyro: *snip*
and gamestop is notorious for not paying what games are worth
I once tried to sell my copy of Ass Creed 2 to gamestop, they offered me 2€ (might have been 1€, not sure)...

I can never seem to get rid of that game :/
I have some customers looking for an old LCD screen for a machine black-box controller. It's an off-the-shelf display unit, 320x200, but was obsoleted several years back. Unfortunately, I can get every other component new but not this one. And naturally, it's the only component that ever goes bad on these controllers. The OEM replacement is around $3,500, since they have to change the console card and alter the software a bit. Yikes!

So I hit up the 'net to see what I can find. I get a bunch of hits and make an inquiry after checking one site where they list thousands of the displays. Awesome! You have a whole bunch so maybe I'll buy half-a-dozen. They get back to me: - do you need this exact screen? Well, yeah. I mean, that's the part number I put in, right? Why would they ask that question if they, supposedly, have access to thousands? Obviously they DON'T have access to them but their website hasn't been updated. Thanks for the wasted time, dinks.
HereForTheBeer: I have some customers looking for an old LCD screen for a machine black-box controller. It's an off-the-shelf display unit, 320x200, but was obsoleted several years back. Unfortunately, I can get every other component new but not this one. And naturally, it's the only component that ever goes bad on these controllers. The OEM replacement is around $3,500, since they have to change the console card and alter the software a bit. Yikes!

So I hit up the 'net to see what I can find. I get a bunch of hits and make an inquiry after checking one site where they list thousands of the displays. Awesome! You have a whole bunch so maybe I'll buy half-a-dozen. They get back to me: - do you need this exact screen? Well, yeah. I mean, that's the part number I put in, right? Why would they ask that question if they, supposedly, have access to thousands? Obviously they DON'T have access to them but their website hasn't been updated. Thanks for the wasted time, dinks.
For $3500 I might just break out a soldering iron on a $10 craigslist lcd panel and see if I could get it to work.
CaptainGyro: *snip*
and gamestop is notorious for not paying what games are worth
KneeTheCap: I once tried to sell my copy of Ass Creed 2 to gamestop, they offered me 2€ (might have been 1€, not sure)...

I can never seem to get rid of that game :/
You can get it new for 10 USD so, yeah, I'd think used prices would be rather low.
CaptainGyro: I guess so. Like I said they were all xbox 360 owners so it's not super casual, but one guy didn't even know what the Orange Box was. When I asked him if he ever heard of Half Life 2 he looked confused and said "nope".
GameRager: He didn't know what the orange box/HL2 was? As I said, they sound like a casual crowd to me......and to be honest, even XBOX360 is rife with shovelware(crapware) offerings (especially some Kinect titles) so I wouldn't put it past many of them to just be sports game or Kinect/casual players.
A lot of 360 owners almost exclusively play shooters and sports games.
Post edited January 11, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: A lot of 360 owners almost exclusively play shooters and sports games.
Actually I was more or less just mocking his friends taste in games.....and making various guesses as to their gaming abilities in the process. Not really trying to make a valid point for the most part beyond that.
HereForTheBeer: I have some customers looking for an old LCD screen ...

Thanks for the wasted time, dinks.
orcishgamer: For $3500 I might just break out a soldering iron on a $10 craigslist lcd panel and see if I could get it to work.
If a customer wants to give that a try, more power to 'em. Hell, I'll start buying them from the customer that gets it to work! Unfortunately, it needs to be a specific panel and circuit board, since the black-box controller software was written specifically to use that part. Something like that - either way, I'm not verse enough in that aspect of the issue to come up with an engineered work-around. And I positively SUCK at soldering. ; )

I have a bad one here so I may try to remove the screen from the circuit board to see if it has a separate part number. The screen itself seems to be the problem, dropping complete horizontal lines.

So I tried another source found online. "Are you sure that's the correct part number?" I'm positive. Attached a photo. "Oh~Thanks for your photo. But I think it is the Circuit board ,But we just sell the IC chips". Okay, but I found your site by searching for the part number of the entire board, not a specific IC chip, and the listing shows you have ~8,700 of those boards available. "Ok~If you need to buy any IC Chips,Plz let me know". No, I need the entire card that your website says you carry in stock.

The search continues...
Liquor store closed an hour ago and I am out of scotch, FUCK!
Its really shit when you get close to someone (daily calls and txts in 6 months), then ONE single ****ing txt not meant for said person - goes to them by accident (about something the said person really hates - bit of a prude) & ruins everything. **** ****.Not fair not fair! :/
Post edited January 16, 2012 by nijuu
nijuu: Its really shit when you get close to someone (daily calls and txts in 6 months), then ONE single ****ing txt not meant for said person - goes to them by accident (about something the said person really hates - bit of a prude) & ruins everything. **** ****.Not fair not fair! :/
This is why I always select who the text message goes to before I write anything.
Shy girls are really hard to figure out, i.e. whether they are interested.
Why is there only 24 hours in a day? I push it to survive on 6 hours of sleep and still feel like 1/4 of my life is being wasted.
csmith: Why is there only 24 hours in a day? I push it to survive on 6 hours of sleep and still feel like 1/4 of my life is being wasted.
I just went to an exhibit on brain aging that had a lot of doctors and other medical professionals present. Poor sleep habits are the number one cause of premature and poor brain aging. They simply state that all adults need 8-9 hours of sleep per night and this doesn't lessen as you age. Sleep disturbances do increase as you age, insomnia being the most common followed by obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).

Do what you feel is best but maybe look into if the extra time justifies the cost.
Fuck bastard arse prick! Bloody power suppy in my gaming pc has kicked the bucket.

To make matters worse, I'm starting to hit a depressive phase and am now dangerously bored, how fucked up does your brain have to be when doing something that should be fun is viewed as a chore?