It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Stage 6 loadshedding, i.e. 6000MW taken off the grid. Seems that it means no power for approximately 1/2 of the day.
They'll never reach megalopolis that way!
high rated
R.I.P. Marie Fredriksson (singer of Roxette). We grew up with her songs, there wasn't a party night or a date without Roxette playing. For the young ones who don't know...some samples...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2C5TjS2sh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCC_b5WHLX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVI7ZNiFlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fGLiIvKKys
high rated
Matewis: Perhaps I phrased it a bit poorly. It's 6000MW that they simply don't have, and can't afford or don't have the diesel for the emergency generators to make up for it. The cause is mostly poorly maintained generators failing. Luckily back to stage 4 as of this morning.
dtgreene: Maybe it's time to build some solor panels? (Yes, there's an environmental cost to their manufacture, but the savings over time should make up for it, and I would expect your country to get plenty of sun during the southern hemisphere summer.)
A lot of people are going that route, to go off the grid, but the initial cost is still prohibitively expensive for most people. Solar panels have gone down in price a lot over the years, but the batteries are still incredibly expensive from what I hear. What is more affordable short term is to get a generator instead. Or to just use a solar water heater, which saves a ton of electricity. But I think most people just learn to live with it since thankfully it doesn't happen straight throughout the year.
dtgreene: Maybe it's time to build some solor panels? (Yes, there's an environmental cost to their manufacture, but the savings over time should make up for it, and I would expect your country to get plenty of sun during the southern hemisphere summer.)
Matewis: A lot of people are going that route, to go off the grid, but the initial cost is still prohibitively expensive for most people. Solar panels have gone down in price a lot over the years, but the batteries are still incredibly expensive from what I hear. What is more affordable short term is to get a generator instead. Or to just use a solar water heater, which saves a ton of electricity. But I think most people just learn to live with it since thankfully it doesn't happen straight throughout the year.
I'm thinking that maybe the power company should be the one to invest in solar power, build solar power plants, and use them to keep up with demand, especially in the hotter (and sunnier) part of the year?
Here in Denmark it has been raining for like month straight now and no end in sight. Today is both raining AND windy with a huge storm brewing. Seriously we need to colonize space so we can get away from the shitty weather.
jepsen1977: Here in Denmark it has been raining for like month straight now and no end in sight. Today is both raining AND windy with a huge storm brewing. Seriously we need to colonize space so we can get away from the shitty weather.
Send it down our way. We are in a two year drought and on water restrictions and the Country is on fire.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by Tauto
high rated
dtgreene: I'm thinking that maybe the power company should be the one to invest in solar power, build solar power plants, and use them to keep up with demand, especially in the hotter (and sunnier) part of the year?
There's a lot of things they should be doing. Problem is that they're useless :P Loadshedding has been in a problem in the country since 2007.
But yes, I think a lot of independent power producers want to do exactly that.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by Matewis
low rated
i think i got some parasites or worms from eating ass a few days ago and i am getting a flu.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by magicsultan
low rated
magicsultan: i think i got some parasites or worms from eating ass a few days ago and i am getting a flu.
Why are trolls on GOG such bottom feeders? lol
low rated
jepsen1977: Here in Denmark it has been raining for like month straight now and no end in sight. Today is both raining AND windy with a huge storm brewing. Seriously we need to colonize space so we can get away from the shitty weather.
Yeah then with our luck(as a species) we get bad "space weather". o.0
I hate my life right now
I have had a bad back now for the last 13 years and now my left hip is Hurting like hell.
I had a leak in my bath room that look the clinging down in my kitchen and I now have to pay £350 to the insurance to fix it and as I am disabled it took me most of the year to save that up
I am in pain 24 / 7 what else will the universe throw at me now.

OK rant over
low rated
Mr_Pennywise: I hate my life right now
I have had a bad back now for the last 13 years and now my left hip is Hurting like hell.
I had a leak in my bath room that look the clinging down in my kitchen and I now have to pay £350 to the insurance to fix it and as I am disabled it took me most of the year to save that up
I am in pain 24 / 7 what else will the universe throw at me now.

OK rant over
Sorry to hear all that.....I kinds know what you're going through, though....I and mine live from check to check and one bill can really hurt us and they often hit at the worst times. :\
Encountered a major bug in Tangledeep, one that caused me to lose my progress in a wanderer's journey and replaced my character and equipment with those I had on the journey. (Apparently someone on reddit ran into the same bug.)

For now, I recommend backing up your save before you embark on a wanderer's journey.

(Note: This bug is only applicable if the first DLC, Legend of Shara, is installed, as that's the DLC that added the wanderer's journeys to the game.)
low rated
So I go to McDs for a bit to nosh on, and I check the board while waiting and I noticed something:

Sausage Biscuit -$1
Sausage McMuffin with Egg -$2
Sausage Biscuit with Egg -Nearly $4

I mean what the feck? Adding egg to a sausage biscuit costs 3 times what it does to add it to a muffin?!? It's the same dang egg!

Yes, I GET the sausage biscuit is sold cheaper as part of their dollar menu program, but even if the sausage biscuit with egg was "normal priced"(around 2 dollars or so), there's still a big discrepancy there. :\
low rated
GameRager: So I go to McDs for a bit to nosh on, and I check the board while waiting and I noticed something:

Sausage Biscuit -$1
Sausage McMuffin with Egg -$2
Sausage Biscuit with Egg -Nearly $4

I mean what the feck? Adding egg to a sausage biscuit costs 3 times what it does to add it to a muffin?!? It's the same dang egg!

Yes, I GET the sausage biscuit is sold cheaper as part of their dollar menu program, but even if the sausage biscuit with egg was "normal priced"(around 2 dollars or so), there's still a big discrepancy there. :\
Eww... buttermilk biscuit it sound more like a scone to me