It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: God damn it, at least I now found out what seems to be causing the occasional severe internet connectivity problems at my home. My laptop in another room gets an IP address but then it either can't connect any sites, or the connection is veeeeery slow.

First of course I checked how a computer with an ethernet cable works. No problem, full speed, so it is something about the wifi connectivity inside my home.

Then I scan with the router what channels my neighbours are using, in case their wifi routers are causing problems to me. Ok, a couple use 1, someone uses 6, 9, 11... Anyway, the few unused ones I try don't seem to work much better, e.g. 2, 3 or 4. At first the router says interference level is "acceptable", but then at some point it changes to "severe".

Then I switch off my TV which is next to the router. Bingo, great wifi connection! Now I am quite sure it is the wireless (Bluetooth?) subwoofer on my LG Soundbar that is causing the interference, so whenever the TV is turned on, I often have at least temporary connectivity problems (not all the time, mind you).

At least I know now what is the probable culprit. I guess I just need to try different wifi channels in case some work better, I'd hate it if I can use wifi internet only if TV is turned off. I knew I should have bought a soundbar with a wired subwoofer instead!

God damn technology, destroying our future! Rise of the killer robots! Skynet! WOPR! H.A.L. 9000! Sinclair Spectrum!
Maybe try moving either the TV or the router?
dtgreene: Maybe try moving either the TV or the router?
TV is in a pretty much perfect place at my home, and I don't think I have any real option anyway since my fixed internet is a cable modem, ie. it gets the signal from the same outlet as the TV, which brings them pretty close to each other. Also considering this laptop is usually in the other side ot the apartment, would it really help as from the laptop's point of view the the devices are in about in the same direction?

Not sure if changing the channel in the wifi router is supposed help with things like this?

I saw somewhere suggestions of putting obstacles around the device that causes interference so that it wouldn't radiate to directions where it shouldn't. After all, it needs to "see" only the soundbar above it from which it gets the signal. Maybe I'll try that.

At this point I wish though my subwoofer would be connected with a cord, not a wireless connection. I don't see much benefit in the wireless connection anyway, the subwoofer needs to be pretty close to the soundbar anyway, it is not like I am trying to place it to another room or something. Meh.
All the progress I've made with my health over the last 6 months is suddenly crumbling over the last week.
-__-
AgentBirdnest: All the progress I've made with my health over the last 6 months is suddenly crumbling over the last week.
-__-
But you have ObamaCare ?

How could this be happening ?
I've lend my good old safety work boots to my father for some work in the garden and then when he came back, the sole was completely disintegregated as it had finally fallen into pieces :(

2003-2016 RIP Catpower's work boots which actually were more used to kick some people and moving through snow rather than working :o)

Now, I'm scratching my head where I'll be able to find some good quality for a good price nowadays :(
Dat moment when you get an invite from a really cute girl on Facebook and only after a few minutes you notice that it's actually your cousin whom you haven't seen in almost twenty years and who just has a different surname because she got married.
low rated
F4LL0UT: Dat moment when you get an invite from a really cute girl on Facebook and only after a few minutes you notice that it's actually your cousin whom you haven't seen in almost twenty years and who just has a different surname because she got married.
So what, it's still an invite from a really cute girl.

And she has a different surname.
deleted
F4LL0UT: Dat moment when you get an invite from a really cute girl on Facebook and only after a few minutes you notice that it's actually your cousin whom you haven't seen in almost twenty years and who just has a different surname because she got married.
First or second cousins? Perhaps this is a cousin by marriage? All I'm saying is that there may be some wiggle room here, especially if she's no longer married. =)
Didn't you wrote earlier that you already have a girlfriend? So what exactly is your problem?
viperfdl: Didn't you wrote earlier that you already have a girlfriend? So what exactly is your problem?
Yeees, I did, MOM. It was really more of a "joke bitch". It's still pretty wrong to be briefly sexually attracted to a family member, you know.
I asked for a 8 dollars raised, they gave me 2. And they messed up my payroll.

Some one rear ended me and sped off before I could get their license plate.

I can't get linux to work properly on this damn new Dell laptop, UEFI enabled or not. My previous Lenovo laptop had the screen crapped out for some reason.

The stupid tenants moved out, but the bathroom is still messy and they broke the towel handle.

It's been raining everyday for the last 4 weeks and my tomato plants are dead from blight.

The fair is close to my house and they're noisy, thank Gods it's raining so they can't have any fun. Grah!

Also for some weird reason, the crazy landscape women next door mow every other day, even while it's raining, literally.
Post edited September 01, 2016 by eksasol
Do shock collars to get dogs to stop barking come in the 9-12 year old boy range? Damn neighbour kids can't seem to swim without screaming at each other >:(
Matewis: Do shock collars to get dogs to stop barking come in the 9-12 year old boy range? Damn neighbour kids can't seem to swim without screaming at each other >:(
If they do let me know, I have a coulple of nephews who could use some "quite time". :P
low rated
Matewis: Do shock collars to get dogs to stop barking come in the 9-12 year old boy range? Damn neighbour kids can't seem to swim without screaming at each other >:(
Shock collars won't, but a live electrical wire dropped in the pool will.