It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nothing suicidally terrible, just a lot of smaller nuisances happening seemingly simultaneously.

A friend of mine went on a booze cruise about a week ago and I offered to give him a lift to the port with his car, saving him the trouble of parking or using public transport. Unfortunately I managed to get a parking ticket because the no park zone was marked ambiguously. The friend paid half of it, but still.

Then I tried to get Girlfriend a Christmas present, but of course the store had ran out of stock and would receive a new shipment in January, which might as well be fifteen years from now. Got her something else, then, so no harm done I guess.

Broke the best plate I have. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but I'm really good at breaking crockery and that was the one piece I didn't want to see destroyed. Of course the plate wouldn't die without a fight: it took out my meal with it.

Yesterday I discovered I'd done pathetically badly in an exam (no surprise, really, but I'm still not happy). This was nothing compared to what happened later, though: my computer started hanging and blacking out whenever I did anything, so I tried to update the BIOS and some drivers. When I rebooted, I got freezes, hangs, spontaneous reboots and a few "Uncorrectable hardware error" BSOD's. No idea what's going on, but I'm taking copies of everything to an external HDD just in case. Safe Mode works, but I can't really do much with this POS right now.
EDIT: Now the thing has given up the ghost completely. I suspect the motherboard may be busted.

And finally, we got snow. I was hoping it wouldn't come at all this year, but there we are. My post office is about four kilometres away, which is normally a piece of cake to cycle, but there was sleet raining down, or rather more sideways, as I tried to make my way there. When I arrived, I was soaked, cold, miserable, depressed, angry and pretty much blind. When I got out three minutes later, the hell-making snowfall had ended. And now it's raining. I fucking hate Finland.
Post edited December 07, 2011 by AlKim
AlKim, I pray everything goes better for you soon.
Got into an accident last Friday completely my fault backed up into the side of the truck... now all my savings I had been saving up for the last year are gone because of the 1000$ deductible for collision... repairs are in the 1500$ range for both vehicles.... SIGH...
My keyboard is killing me...which PC compatible game controllers work with each GOG game? I keep giving up on GOG games due to keyboard pain! Tell us about controllers that work, OK?
Conspiracy theory: my passport is taking this long to come because they want my $70 for "expedited processing." Do I pay up?
StingingVelvet: Conspiracy theory: my passport is taking this long to come because they want my $70 for "expedited processing." Do I pay up?
No dude, there's just a ton of government folks on holiday (and laid off). It'll get there, don't sweat it.
StingingVelvet: Conspiracy theory: my passport is taking this long to come because they want my $70 for "expedited processing." Do I pay up?
If you already sent your paperwork, then there's no point. :p
Foxhack: If you already sent your paperwork, then there's no point. :p
They said they can get it to me in 5 business days if I pay up. If not, they can offer no ETA.
Accident Update!

So I cost 3500$ in damages to my car! Thank God I had insurance regardless of the deductible.
Called to pay for expedited service on my passport today and here you have to REQUEST expedited service and if approved they will call you for payment.

Kiss my ass, US government.
Arianus: Accident Update!

So I cost 3500$ in damages to my car! Thank God I had insurance regardless of the deductible.
How much was covered? Regardless you are still alive and in(I hope) good health so there's some good to be thankful for at any rate.
StingingVelvet: Called to pay for expedited service on my passport today and here you have to REQUEST expedited service and if approved they will call you for payment.

Lol.......why won't they take our money when we want to give it to them?
Post edited December 10, 2011 by GameRager
StingingVelvet: Called to pay for expedited service on my passport today and here you have to REQUEST expedited service and if approved they will call you for payment.

I hope you ordered several. Some countries don't like it when you have been to, lets say, Israel. If you want to go to Iran you should probably take an extra passport in case the iranian embassy in Tbilisi "loses" one during visa accreditation.... it happens ...

Edit: Oh wait, are US citiens allowed to go to Iran? Better not risk it.
Post edited December 10, 2011 by SimonG
SimonG: I hope you ordered several. Some countries don't like it when you have been to, lets say, Israel. If you want to go to Iran you should probably take an extra passport in case the iranian embassy in Tbilisi "loses" one during visa accreditation.... it happens ...

Fuuuuuuck no, I ain't going to Iran! Hahaha...

Ukraine, Turkey, Armenia and maaaaaybe Greece while I am in Georgia. Those are probably the only realistic possibilities. I do get a 3 week vacation at one point that I might use for Britain rather than going home, if I have the money to stay in Britain.

Right now I just need the damn thing to get to Georgia in the first place!
SimonG: I hope you ordered several. Some countries don't like it when you have been to, lets say, Israel. If you want to go to Iran you should probably take an extra passport in case the iranian embassy in Tbilisi "loses" one during visa accreditation.... it happens ...

StingingVelvet: Fuuuuuuck no, I ain't going to Iran! Hahaha...

Ukraine, Turkey, Armenia and maaaaaybe Greece while I am in Georgia. Those are probably the only realistic possibilities. I do get a 3 week vacation at one point that I might use for Britain rather than going home, if I have the money to stay in Britain.

Right now I just need the damn thing to get to Georgia in the first place!
Bring me some peaches on the way back then ok? I love me some peaches.
GameRager: Bring me some peaches on the way back then ok? I love me some peaches.
It would actually be really funny if they are big on peaches over there. I doubt it though.